Forum

Forum

The Best AC/DC Tribute Band

The Cody
Member #22,261

Num Posts: 177

On saturday I saw Back In Black play live at the house of blues and they were awesome. The played the entire BIB album in order, them did some Bon Scott. They were really good! So I was wondering what you all thought the greatest AC tribute band is. Mine would either be Hells Belles or Back in Black. What's yours?
nightprowlerdwc1
Member #19,179

Num Posts: 2

The only tribute band i have seen live was back in the 80's in Memphis at a bar called The Stage Stop.They were called RIFF RAFF. These guys were from Canada.I thought they were awesome.Another thing that was pretty cool was the guy who played Angus had the schoolboy suit on and he had a "' Leave It To Beaver" t-shirt on under the coat and tie. For some reason AC/DC tribute bands dont come to memphis or anywhere around here or if they do, there is no advertisement.....
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

my favorite would have to be hells belles. i saw them back in may and they sounded awesome! plus they're kinda hot...
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

LiveWire has the energy of AC/DC even though the singer doesn't really sound like Brian.
boothjorden
Member #21,471

Num Posts: 439

Back in Black or LiveWire are both good tribute bands, though LiveWire has more of DC's energy. They also have a left handed Angus.
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

em that would be Brian era AC/DC for me, good enuff band but not a patch on the greatest band ever BON ERA AC/DC!!!!!
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

dac: I hope you realize how utterly disrespectful that is to all of us Brian fans...
daclarob
Member #7,861

not at all, as my post says AC/DC are a great band,however in my opinion they have lost the edge that the lyrics and stage presence that they once had with Bon, for proof look to the setlist, 40% of the set is Bons songs, 1 of which generally lasts for 11- 18 minutes thus taking up what?, 1/6th of the total gig or thereabouts. For me it would be like The Beatles getting rid of Lennon,but hey lets replace him with Joe Cocker,good singer admittedly,but no John Lennon. Hopefully you can understand my point now, I will reiterate for you and anyone else who's interested, AC/DC are a GREAT BAND,BUT they are no longer an AWESOME BAND,its been nearly a year now of Black Ice On The Road,and how many suprises have been in the show? how many of us have voiced the same opinion that its getting stale? Respectfully, I have taken on board that you enjoy the Brian era, but I reserve the right to voice my opinion that even tho' they still bear the name AC/DC,THEY ARE PAYING TRIBUTE TO THE AC/DC THAT RECORDED ALL THE ANTHEMS 30+ YRS AGO. After all we are all here for the same reason,we may have came from different angles but I would have hoped that we were all intelligent enough (we are DC fans after all!) to respect other peoples opinions. Maybe Im just a bit biased seeing how I saw THE MAN in action,I dont know Yours Dave
daclarob
Member #7,861

suicidehummer
Member #20,159

YOU CALLED BRIAN ERA ACDC A TRIBUTE BAND! HOW IS THAT NOT DISRESPECTFUL? I don't like Bon as much, but you don't hear me saying they aren't ac/dc without Brian or they lost it with Bon. How can you say you're just voicing your opinion when in the paragraph above, you said they're no longer and awesome band since Brian joined? You would be voicing your opinion if you said you didn't like Brian as much, but you're stating your opinion as fact. I think I can speak for most Brian fans when I say I'm sick of hearing that there's no AC/DC without Bon, or that Bon was a legend and Brian is only a replacement. As far as I'm concerned, Brian is a helluva lot more of a legend than Bon, but that's my opinion, and I'm not saying it's a fact. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's high time Brian gets the respect he deserves.
donneyboy
Member #23,696

Num Posts: 223
BANNED

Best Bon era- High Voltage Brian era- Back In Black

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.