Forum

Forum

New Re-release of bonfire

wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

http://acdczone.com/news/acdcs-bonfire-box-due-for-release-in-april Anybody getting it? For $30 its cheaper than the 2003 version. Bonfire Re-release on Amazon The Amazon page looks a little weird: 1.Its an import 2.The artists are AC and DC
wesley12106
Member #23,828

By weird I mean like it looks iffy.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

I went on acdczone and the tracklist has a (2) next to some, I realize this may be because it's a second track of the same name, but then Shake A Leg has one next to it, unless its the live recording of it from back when... What's the (2) mean??
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

we'll see when it comes out. it doesn't look any different. i already have the original and the remastered release. the only difference between those 2 was the packaging and the original came with a few little extras. i really have no need for a third copy if there's nothing new.
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Based on the image on Amazon, they dropped the goodies and only have the discs & the book in this version.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

there weren't any goodies in the remaster back in 2003 either.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

like it says on ACDCzone, the only difference i see is that the booklet is hard cover.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

sorry to keep posting, i keep finding/thinking of new things. it looks like the entire thing is the book. the 2 covers hold the discs. instead of tri-folding like the 2003 remaster and having a separate booklet.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Woah! Awesome BigNate You put an advertisement on the side for the new re release of the Bonfire and you made the links red and compressed it!
wesley12106
Member #23,828

But why doesnt anyone else think the Amazon page looks iffy?!? There are 2 artists listed, one is Ac and the other is Dc, but other AC/DC releases say AC/DC. Also it says it's an import.
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Dang. I almost got excited thinking there would be another disc or something... So has the 2003 remastered version been out of print or something? What's the reasoning behind this? (Cue the RnRDamnation McBonfire response...) haha
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Actually, I just purchased the Plug Me In 3DVD box and the "Amp" version of Backtracks from a discount Sony site: http://www.popmarket.com/ This happened while the forum was shut down due to the continued idiocy of jspr, so I wasn't able to tell anyone. Anyways, I got Backtracks for almost 50% off ($100) and Plug Me In for $32. Backtracks is 98% packaging and 2% poorly organized content with massive gaps (ie - where is the Shake Your Foundations live recording and remix from the single of the same name and where is Dirty Deeds from Detroit 83 from the Nervous Shakedown Maxi-single?), but the Circus Krone DVD is seven different kinds of awesome. If the band were smart (which we know now - they're not), they'd release Circus Krone by itself instead of making fans have to shell out 300 bucks for a box set where the "amp" is a battery attached to a one-inch tweeter inside the Backtracks lid. Plug Me In has some real treasures on it, but again, it seems designed by trickle and omission, proving once again that if any band can take their legacy and the goodwill of their fans and firmly destroy those treasures, it's the boys of AC/DC. For example, it seems pretty clear that they have the complete Houston Summit available for release, so why release 3/4 of it as a "bonus"?
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

1st)It's not Re-Released. It's Re-Re-Released. Sort of saying Sony is Not Very stupid but Very-Very Stupid.I have the original with all the goods from day 1.Why should i buy it again(again) with half of the stuff? Anyone know of the re-re-re-re-re-release of their back catalog?It's coming soon(i'm not joking). 2nd)You bought Backtracks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oye oye oye.100$ down the drain.I could have given you a link for the 4GB Circus Krone and mailed you a battery(for the substitution of the amp.It's roughly the same....No the battery is more important). Hey there would be a re-release of Backtrack with only the amp and the book.No cd's dvd's.I would be getting this one :) And let's not forget the re-release of iron fag cd with the cd and box but the cd would be empty like their heads.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

@Sap I do not have Bonfire yet so I will certainly be getting this re-re-release Also I just bought a burnt copy of circus krone on ioffer for $10
sapator
Member #210

If what i read is true and it only has the book and the cd's then try to get a previous one on ebay. The one sold you the copy will BUUURN in hell for piracy. Btw i was the one that pm-ed links to download the Krone DVD. I could have saved you 10$ (+ shipping ?).
sapator
Member #210

wesley12106,here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Bonfire-Box-AC-DC-CD-Sep-2003-5-Discs-Epic-/110652766893?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item19c36b3aad It's cheaper and better.Be a rebel, fuck Sony! I'll give you a sap metal for little dudes exceptional acts. :)
wesley12106
Member #23,828

I probably won't get the bonfire from the ebay link you provided as Amazon is selling the 2003 and 1997 releases for $20. Also I thought the 2003 re-release didnt come with any items and was like a foldout kind of like Backtracks(2 disc+1DVD).
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

I'm pretty sure I have the original release as there is no indication of any remastering, like (c) 2003 or anything. It's just copyright to 1997. Mushroom Records got the deal to produce and distribute Bonfire to Australia and New Zealand. So they didn't do have the 'memorabilia' in theirs, just the book and poster. They also took out Walk All Over You and TNT from Paris and put them on Volts, just so they didn't have to produce a 5th disc... (Cheap Bastards lol!)
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

This is a joke re-re release of the same material? Oh I get it lets lower the price.. The empty heads over at Sony just don’t care if they would have put a little thought into it they would have added new tracks from Bondi Lifesavers 77', Haymarket 77', Sydney Myer Music Bowl 76' all exist at Albert Studios . I purchased the original in 1997 and the re-master in 2003 I will not purchase this!!!!!
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

Wasn´t there even once a 4 CD Version of Bon Fire aswell. I think it was one without BiB. Anyone can comfirm that?
wesley12106
Member #23,828

@RockerBon Does both the 1997 and 2003 versions have the same audio or did Sony "Remaster" the audio. Also, are the booklets included the same for both 1997 and 2003 releases?
wesley12106
Member #23,828

^^^^^^ I don't need the extra stuff from the 1997 release, it'll just stay in the box anyways
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

They did Re-Master the audio in 2003 (like they did the whole back catalogue) There's a video on youtube comparing "Live At Atlantic Studios" from the original 1997 version and the 2003 version. __________________________________________________________ The 2003 one sounds more clear than the original, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7YYgRILzk
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Oops,forgot to embed,lol
sapator
Member #210

Listen guys don't be so happy about the remastered stuff. I have a good stereo (parts not a cheap all in one) so i can compare and of course youtube is just for comparing farts(no offense) and i would have to say than in half of the remastered versions they have hidden the guitars and extended the bass.That is not remaster is disaster.On the other hand some cd's do sound better.I remember they were 2 guys that did the remaster.The remaster done with one of them is good and the other is poor. I'm talking about the 2003 stuff i don't know about next remasters cuz the thing got ridiculous($ony). Also you should know Sony is involved in old dc releases (prior to the 2003,was it, deal).
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

save your money for the NEW RELEASE.... :))))))))
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

....FUCK THAT CRAP WITH THE RE-RE-RELEASE OF "BONFIRE"!SAME OLD SHIT!SAME CD'S,SAME MERCHs,SAME,SAME,SAME....... THERE'S A NEW LIVE DVD/CD ON THE WAY,SO.... :)
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

@ Patrick... yeah u r right.the 1st release back in '97 was also a 4 cd-box without B.I.B. as well.I first bought the 4cd release and then in 2003 the remasterded one(incl. B.I.B.)
Dirty Deeds and Money Talks
Member #21,720

Num Posts: 301

No point in buying it again. There obviously re-releasing it to coincide with the release of Let There Be Rock: The Movie for those that don't already have it. Should drop Back in Black from it though. I get the point of including it, but who seriously doesn't own a copy of this album that's a Hard Rock / Heavy Metal fan?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah,I agree on this being a Bullshit release,just wanted to point that they did Re-Master it 2003 (whether it was better or worse is up to you guys) This really does seem so unnecessary, Release the Nashville '78 Officially or something throw in the BBC tapes, at least make this have something the original didn't. Who cares if the "Box" is different....
sapator
Member #210

It has nothing to do with LTBR the movie since it's one is released from a different company. Also i can confirm there are 5 and 4 cd versions for the 97 release.I have the 4 cd version. Also another interesting fact is that there is also a promo version of this one with a 3 cd version in a box cd jewel case and another case with 2 cd's.You cannot easily get the 3 + 2 cd's as you can get the 3 cd's.I have only seen the full version two times(one is mine). Also there is a promo version called Bonfire Sampler with some song of the boxset,nothing rare here. Sorry $ony i don't have your 2003 re-release and nor will get this one.I'm fine with the 2 promos and the original box.
sapator
Member #210

Ops forgot. There are also 2 versions of the bonfire single, Dirty eyes. One from Germany one from USA with the German one being slightly rare(40-50$ worth).
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

Bought the 2003 re-release from ebay, won't be buying it again

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.