Forum

Forum

THE DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trailer

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid....
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Yeah,watched it earlier.... and.... DAMN how great does it sound,couldn't have asked for a better overall mix.
nick of time
Member #31

Num Posts: 65

Awesome to see! That mix is so crisp and bang on!
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Special features include: The whole concert Shots of the crowd Angus plays his guitar
nick of time
Member #31

When I went to the Sony website to pre-order it, the shipping charge to Canada is pretty expensive. Costs me more to ship the DVD to Canada than, the DVD face-price itself. Would've cost me around $45 Canadian for the DVD and this "poster." I'm waiting till Amazon Canada lists this and pre-ordering it there for much less than the Sony website wants. Not to mention I did order a Black Ice tour t-shirt from them last year and they lost both the first order, and my replacement orders....I'm sticking from ordering on my side of the border. I'm sure somewhere a border guard or someone has both my Black Ice tour shirts!!!
nick of time
Member #31

I'm also surprised that no announcement has been made on the band's official site about Let There Be Rock.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

that's because the LTBR DVD is Warner Bros. not Sony I think.Correct me if I'm wrong though
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Once again, Probably cause Sony runs the official website and Warner Bros are releasing Let There Be Rock.
jamesdibley1
Member #18,917

Num Posts: 106

Is there any news of this being a whole concert of a single night or a mixture of all three nights?
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I'm also surprised that no announcement has been made on the band's official site about Let There Be Rock. I've said it when the first news for LTBR came out.Warner ain't Sony and m afraid of a VHS to DVD release but overall i'm more excited about that release than Black Ice one which after a very long consideration (about 2 second) i decided to download free from the internet and watch it on my Sony tv. Fuck $ony! My tv has broken down 3 times so i think it's fair to the company to say. Fuck $ony! Fuck $ony! Fuck $ony! Better.
josch
Member #23,784

Num Posts: 69

I was happy too watching this trailer, but I think beside the great sound they worked on it in the studio as well (like the Donington DVD). Do you remember, they´ve played the whole Black Ice-Tour half a tone pitched down and in the trailer not. ---
nick of time
Member #31

"...but I think beside the great sound they worked on it in the studio as well (like the Donington DVD). Do you remember, they´ve played the whole Black Ice-Tour half a tone pitched down and in the trailer not." I'm a musician and in the trailer of this dvd, the guitars and vocals are a half step tuned down than normal tuning without any technological assistance. They played this way the whole tour. Tuning the guitars to a half-step lower than E to E flat, forced Brian to sing in a lower tone. It probably helped Brian sing better live than in previous tours. Particularly, Ballbreaker (No Bull) he sounds out of sorts vocally. I'll source this youtube clip as well from Wembley Stadium. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxLjqzWzDo RNR Train is pitched the same. I will not hear anything about AC/DC being "studio tweakers" for a live album. I have a Rush live album (Exit Stage Left) that sounds like it was post-produced in the studio in places and doesn't sound as raw as a live album should. I trust AC/DC to not do such a thing, because they know better. Rush however (killer band though) have been rumored to do such a thing on a few occasions.
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

Awesome, can't wait
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Nick Of Time.... As much as I hate to say it,and you'll hate to hear... AC/DC have indeed "fixed" certain parts of their Live Releases. (Live At Donington,the most well known tampered with show, and No Bull were tampered with.) Pretty much every officially released live album by any major band has to have had something "fixed" "cleaned up" or "tweaked" whether it be vocals,guitar,drums,audience noise ect. something's usually messed with. (Even though AC/DC are generally spot on 95% of the time, they don't need to adjust anything.) They're the best damn Live band in the world. It's very obvious the Rock 'N' Roll Train backing vocals were messed with on that trailer (which sounds perfect by the way) Fucked with or not, this new release is going to Rock and that's all that matters.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

I'm not sure that this new release will, in fact, rock. If anything rocks about it, it will be the audience and definitely not the show itself, because that audience clearly rocked. If the audience is mixed high, including all the chants, cheers and everything, that will be awesome. Otherwise, it's the same old McShow over three nights and I challenge anyone to differentiate between which songs and which segments are from either of the three McSame nights. I don't even understand why they needed to record three nights to begin with. It's not like they changed up their setlists or brought anything new to the table (guest artists, fan singalongs, new props) for either of the three nights, so what's the point? Like Sap, I am sad it has come to this, but AC/DC are a band who have chosen to shit on their legacy (and their fans) and go out with a whimper and that's what they'll ultimately be remembered for. This is the band that took down the pictures of Bon Scott after Australia so that American casual Yankee concert-goers who plunked down their 100 bucks for the same-old same-old wouldn't have to ask themselves any troubling questions such as, "Who is that? AC/DC have a history? Oh, that guy actually wrote Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds? Really? Wow - maybe I should check out the band's back catalog." In fact, if AC/DC really want to release a Live at River Plate CD that truly rocks, they should just skip the music and just release the audience noise over 2 CDs and label them according the song which the audience is cheering to...
acdcrocks1
Member #11,292

Num Posts: 105

you guys take everything too seriously. if you look at concert history, this is the longest lasting tour they've had. some tours were under a years length in existence. and they didnt really change up things all that often on all previous tours either. I think with the help of today's "YouTube" you have had a HUGE gain through out the tour on whats going on every single second of it. so there for you got tired spoiling your self with so much information. i'm sure that if there was no little picture cameras/phones with such high quality video capture and NO YouTube or internet guidance of this tour and only a few clips popped up here and there you would think to yourself "DAMN i wana see more" ..the problem isnt that they didnt bring it hard enough, the problem is that they brought it hard every night and for a longer duration than previous tours. maybe you shouldnt spoil yourself so much with the internet. your taking the magic out of it
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

@ RnR You forgot the most awesome special feature ever. The Train. Sorry I couldn´t hold it.
nick of time
Member #31

@Flick: Did the band fix Donington and No Bull or do we look at the audio mixer(s) and blame them?? Just like the Rush example, the album I cited Exit Stage Left was produced without Rush but had their longtime producer Terry Brown do it. The previous live album All The World's A Stage, Rush had a hand in producing it and it sounds fantastic. For Donington and No Bull do we blame Mike Fraser who mixed the audio for both DVDs? In this case, the band trusts him and whatever he does they like. If they contributed together on the mixing (especially of Donington) then we would have had a true sounding product. If artists leave mixing up to a producer by themselves, "fixing-up" may happen. I agree 100% that AC/DC are the best live act PERIOD!!! I've seen a lot of good shows from legends of the rock world over the years, but AC/DC slayed them all.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

"maybe you shouldnt spoil yourself so much with the internet. your taking the magic out of it" You're probably right - AC/DC were boring and predictable in the 80s, but fans just weren't as aware of it, or maybe they toured so frequently and put out so many albums, it felt like they were changing enough to keep themselves interesting to the fans who would go out and buy all of the available bootlegs, which due to the lack of digital technology and the Internet, were also few and far between. Now, we're aware, we're plugged in and...we're bored. Because we've realized that AC/DC are boring, that their boxsets suck, that their live albums all sound the same, that one concert is no different than another, that any spontaneity, soul or humour they had disappeared (most likely) the day Bon died, that the Let There Be Rock solo will always sound exactly the same and that we're just lemmings shouting "Ya" because that's what we're supposed to do at an AC/DC show. And it's really too bad, because from 1996-2003, we had hope. We saw the band stretch a bit and even bring in a few obscure numbers. And then they said, oh so clearly (straight from the frontman's mouth, in fact) "Fuck the fans." So we know where they stand. It's hard to be a fan these days, but I will always love Towson 1979, Highway to Hell from the Moscow 1991 show and Jailbreak from Texas 1985...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I honestly think we've been over analyzing the band.... We discuss them like it's a fucking science,and I agree with the internet youtube thing. We just know too much about the Tour,the band, ect. basically EVERY show from the Black Ice Tour is on youtube, (at least a video or audio recording or clip) There's no mystery anymore,information is ruining us. RnRDamnation, Your posts are always so damn depressing.... lol I still think it's going to a great Release, fuck the crowd,I want the band.Regardless of how stale you think it is,no doubt the band were on fire this tour. and had the Setlist been different, I'd bet a million bucks everyone would claim it to be one of the best tour's we've had in a long time. Setlist aside the band were kicking ass.Even with the song banter being the same each night,they still sounded perfect. The band's setlist never really changed much even with Bon... Actually,I could easily think of similar reasons not to like this Tour ect. but I'd rather just take it for what it is and get some new "Old" AC/DC. I could make a live playlist with every live song 10 times over from this release, but still I'm getting it. Not going to stop me from enjoying a part of my band's career. I still have hope,no matter how much you hate what they've become,it's still AC/DC. I'm going to enjoy it and I'm sure many other people will too.Along with LTBR, it's going to be a good year.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

@Nick Of Time Surely the band would be consulted should Mike Fraser or who ever else behind the Production decides to change anything. Then again,in this interview Fraser said Brian called him up asking "WTF happened to the mix?" on No Bull's original release. Apparently after the original mixing was done by Fraser, the company that did the Video mixing added to it, Put more Crowd noise in ect. making the band lower in the mix. Mike also says the Director's Cut is better to him. Which,the sound is more Clear,I agree, but, there are still some fuck ups (Like how Shoot To Thrill's intro is chopped off) The Original has the full intro,so WTF happened there Mike?
nick of time
Member #31

I didn't even catch the Shoot to Thrill cut on the Director's Cut. Haven't really had time to watch the whole thing since I bought in when it came out. That omission of the intro riff is pretty ugly. It would be interesting to have another producer "check" the final mix of these things for cutting certain parts. Just like a fact-checker check a journalists work, that would be good for audio production on a DVD/CD release so nothing gets chopped out that should be there. Also while I have the NB Director's Cut out, would you folks think that the packaging will be the same as that and Donington and have a booklet with it that has the tour dates and some band photos along, or should it be something different? These books that come with these DVD's are ok but they could be much better. Why not get a respected rock journalist [also someone who knows there AC/DC] to do an essay or something like that to include for one of these DVD booklets. Maybe Murray Engleheart or Arnaud Durieux, as they have written one of the best books out there currently as a few of us have expanded on here.
sapator
Member #210

The 2 basic problems, aside of any iron fag,boxsets etc are 1)Setlist 2)Their are getting old.I have seen them in 2000-2001, i could not believe my eyes. Now their are good also but compared to the previous years they are not that good.The music is there the groove but there is something missing.I noticed that on the Milan show that i was not blaming them for anything and i had to travel from Greece to see them(ok also did some shopping).I came out for the show again covered in sweat, holding my T-Shirt in my hand and drinking the usual 3 bottles of water to get a grip.I noticed then that something was missing.A spark.Don't get me wrong the show still rocked(except from the f$cking cannons,LOUDEEEEER dammit, ah and anything goes, i was misfortune enough to hear it). In Athens i was kinda pissed from the setlist so i can't clearly express an opinion but many people i talked to said the sound sucked(couldn't tell, i don't "stand still" on gigs i have to break faces) and their were simply good.Back in 2000 i would have laughed in the face of anyone said that but now... In general i think that rock became a little lame after 90's and we are going round and round with the same 50 years old groups.That's another subject though.
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

Any news on a live cd as well or is it just a dvd??
RnRDamnation
Member #254

A live DVD is a live CD. DVD players are CD players, so what's the difference? Also, if it's that big of a deal to you, you can always download some software from online and rip to .wav and burn to CD...
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

My thoughts: 1. Fuck, Rocky Oldham again? He was the producer for the SUL Live DVD, and we all know how terrible the production was on that... 2. Somehow, it still sounds like a decent mix. I would hazard a guess that this is thanks to Mallet. However, these short clips make it tough to say for sure. The crowd may be a little too high in the mix because although they give it energy, I think it will become annoying after too long (ala Big Gun single). 3. As for the RNR Train backing vocals, they definitely don't sound like the studio recording, and I doubt they would have had Mal and Cliff rerecord them in the studio afterwards, so my best guess is that they combined the backing vocals from all three nights. Which is a great approach IMO. 4. YSMANL in the clip seems to have no backing vocals. It seems like they brought the crowd up to fill in the backing vocals. 5. Phil and Cliff sound pretty damn good. Phil's drums were captured far better than the BI album IMO, they're far less harsh and reflect his style better. As for Cliff... we can fuckin' hear him for once! Listen for him in FTATR. 6. Finally, I hope we see less of the crowd than is shown in the teaser. I know it's the only reason this show was different from any other McShow, but I don't give a shit about the crowd, I wanna see AC/DC. That's the one thing I didn't like about NB: The Director's Cut, too much crowd. Also, not enough close-ups. Can't they take a hint from Donnington?
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

On the trailer, there's more video of the crowd than the band itself. I hope the final product is different. Everything else seems to be great
RnRDamnation
Member #254

"I still have hope,no matter how much you hate what they've become,it's still AC/DC." That's an interesting statement, thunderdeeds. What exactly is it you hope for?
boothjorden
Member #21,471

Num Posts: 439

I dunno bout any of you guys but I'm kinda looking forward to the DVD.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

That they might do something great once more for us, (A lot of wishful thinking,I'm aware) but there's no harm in having hope ;) On regards of the sound, I think it's Produced well suicide, Phil's Drums almost sound like they did in the studio for FTATR. Fucking ace. Where did you read it was Rocky Oldham in charge of mixing? Been wondering myself who was doing what and haven't found it yet.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I totally am booth
nick of time
Member #31

I just checked Wikipedia to look at the release date of Live and the Donington video when it was released back in 1992. They were released a day apart. We have a while to go until the DVD is dropped, so maybe we'll see a coincidence of a live album released with it or near May 10th. If they are releasing a single, it's bound to happen. To qoute Borat.... "very nice!"
olavi
Member #21,090

Why have they autotuned Brian's vocals? Brian sounded awesome on this tour. In fact, I think sounded the best since For Those About To Rock. Now they have cleaned his vocals to sound excatly like the Black Ice version. WHY?!?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

They didn't "Autotune" anything,that's what those horrible Rappers use. I don't get what you mean,Brian sounds just like he did all Tour there to me. Maybe you mean the backing vocals?
olavi
Member #21,090

The difference isn't huge, but it's there. Compare this to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uCTFYgEko
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I've listened to that clip tons before,still don't hear a difference in Brian
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Not to mention the differences in quality
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

The latest post the Abruzzo blog suggests that there is going to be a live album of some sort. I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but I can't read german: http://acdc-abruzzo.blogspot.com/(Link is in the post) Anyway, I for one am excited about the DVD. I loved how Phil's drums sounded in the No Bull Director Cut version, and am glad to hear that hey took the same approach when producing the drum sound. Besides, theres more of a value to it for me because Black Ice was the first tour I got see AC/DC live, so that makes it kind of special to me at least.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

they didn't edit Brian, it seems more like they edited the back ups
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

The last information I heard about the Live CD was, that I will be like Live 92, with different countries. @ Sup3rdude The amazon link just said, that you could get informations about it via email. No big deal actually.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Hopefully they don't make it as disastrously as they made the Live '92 album and have fade-in and outs the whole time. This is why I almost never listen to AC/DC Live and why if I do want to hear them from that period, I just listen to Live at Donington. I don't know why they'd bother with that format anyways, except to include Anything Goes and High Voltage, but they still don't need to do fade-ins for each city. It's not like they even ID'd the cities the recordings came from anyways, so I really have to wonder what they were thinking or if they're even capable of thought...
sapator
Member #210

If you exclude the fade's this live is on my top 3 ever. I also love to listen the long versions of the songs even if there is no music in some points :P
matirocker
Member #24,367

Num Posts: 183

@suicidehummer "3. As for the RNR Train backing vocals, they definitely don't sound like the studio recording, and I doubt they would have had Mal and Cliff rerecord them in the studio afterwards, so my best guess is that they combined the backing vocals from all three nights. Which is a great approach IMO." Man, are you fucking kidding? It's obviously the studio version backing vocals with the tune dropped to match the live version.... but I mean... can't you hear it? Go listen a camera recording and listen how awful the backing vocals sounded on RnRTrain... and then listen to this.... and then listen the studio version... it's the same thing! Then again... you didn't believe me a while ago that Live At Donington's Shoot To Thrill solo wasn't fixed...
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

Why do have so many of you criticize the band and their new concert releases? Good criticism is never wrong but some of you just sound ridicolous. acdcrocks1 pointed it out, pretty much everyone got spoiled and because of that you got bored. I went to almost two hands full of concerts, still collect "Black Ice" shows even though their setlist hasn't changed much but I still enjoyed and will enjoy every single second of it. Now we are getting a pro recorded show filmed with 32 high def cams, what more can you ask for? For my part I can't wait to hold it in my hands same like with the upcoming "Let there be Rock" dvd/blu ray release! I wonder if sony's gonna bring out the fannation documentary one day?
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

matirocker: I listened again and you're right. For some reason it sounded less full than the studio recording the first time I listened. Really though, the way I described would be the best way to thicken the backing vocals.
matirocker
Member #24,367

Num Posts: 183

I'm really excited about this release, Dirty Eye, I went to the River Plate shows and I'm looking forward to this release a lot. Just wanted to point out the backing vocals thing
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

For christ sake's. Never have i heard such utter rubbish in my life. Analising every detail of a dvd before it's out. Critisising everything about the band and the music. I am a life long FAN of AC/DC and have a collection so big it would put most of you lot to shame. Hear's a thought if you dont like the band or there output anymore dont buy it. I for one will be getting it day of release and will be jumping about my livingroom with my 9 year old son as we watch it. I have heard every song on it 1000's of times and watched everything there is to watch about AC/DC on you tube. And i for one will be loving it. I'm so glad AC/DC came back with such a great album and such a huge record breaking tour. Some of you on here do my head in with constant complaining about the group. I mean lighten up and just enjoy the music..
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Agreed. once again, Still getting this, it will be epic
sapator
Member #210

ros3 mostly interested in the collection part. What do you collect?Cd's or Lp's? Take a look at this thread if you can give some answers. http://acdc-bootlegs.com/forum/?messageid=30022 As for complaining.Well yes i do complain and i do collect and i do have heard everything 1000 times(well except 2008 and after) and i do also getting it from day one and i do also have a 9 year old son.... No hold, i don't have a son or getting the release :) Constructive complaining, that's what it is.Don't get mad some people don't like to be spoon fed on everything they give them. For example what's the use of the re-re-release of Bonfire?Isn't that mockery?Should we stay silent or go get it for the 3rd time?What i mean is getting the cd's the 3rd time.The box is cool they made it from special amazonian wood (but ecologic). Or backtracks.What the hell they were thinking?I only wanted the damn cool amplifier, why did they put other stuff in there and rocketed the price? Iron Man 2?Why did they made shoot to thrill faster in the movie?Ok so the guy was falling from the sky, if he has taking a bump and could not deliver, they would have slowed it down? Who is the mixer guy Duffy duck? But i liked the songs in the movie.Ah, that's massive my friends.Official AC/DC soundtrack with 2 song in the movie not idiotic stuff like maximum overdrive.You tried to hear the songs and someone spoke.That was annoying.SHUT UP!I mean it's a crappy movie anyway at least let me enjoy the music.Iron man took care of that.They are smart let me tell you. Ah, also Brian called me for the 3rd time this month and told me to fuck off.I mean Jesus Brian, just because i drunk your beer backstage and used the toilet.Come on! And apart from all these, Phil didn't give me no weed on his last "expedition", i mean that's unfair.Now i will complain every day for revenge.Phil the weedman rudd.That's what i'll write to your boat.I WANTED SOME DAMMIT! I will have to complain again about Sony that decided to put out this cd i mention in the above link and they are making me search and search. Lastly i have to complain about the weather.Hey, weather,you, dammit, almost April and only 19 degrees!WTF?Who is paying you, Sony?Are we getting a weather boxset also?I hope no cd's included this time. ...So what are we talking about, i forgot.. A yes, if you collect cd's take a look at the thread i gave you. P.S. I liked your intro.
sapator
Member #210

I forgot to complain about the setlist also. I'm getting old.19 songs are too much.And the sound is very high it annoys me.If you want to be a serious band lower the damn sound.They did that on the cannons on the indoor tour.I waited for the cannons, waited and i heard someone fart...Ah, no that was the cannons.Now that's the way to do it(applause). So the setlist.Apart that it's too damn long i will credit them that they play the same one for 2 years in a row.I couldn't do that when i was playing in a band.If i did foam came out from my mouth and i was getting red.Also everyone knows the setlist.No confusing new songs.You can go on any street and jump on someone saying what's the AC/DC setlist!?what's the AC/DC setlist!?They will know it.So no confusion and again bravo(applause). And the songs are hand picked one by one, like rare coffee. They also gave us a break to go to the toilet(anything goes) but apparently the fans were using too much toilet paper and they had to remove it from the list for economical reasons.They are poor give them a break if you are true fans don't shit when anything goes plays. Of course they added a new one in there.They did am telling you?You don't believe me?It's between shoot to thrill and Thunderstruck.I've heard it.It's before the shoot to thrill solo and after the first thunderstruck chorus.But only true fans know these stuff so you are not a true fan if you didn't knew that. Ha, true fans.I once brought my guitar to the bathroom and recorded the "drums" of TNT. That's how true i am.Lamers! I'm not talking to you.Nor you.And you, you shut up!Ainte(Greek that one).
ros3
Member #23,267

Dude you have issue's. Me i just love the music. Got doubler's of almost everything. Will buy anything with there name on it dont care really. Got Backtracks day of release both version's love it. Buying LTBR blueray, dont even have a Blueray player. Dont care. Way i see it if you dont want it dont buy it. If you do, do. Some of the people on this site have way to much time on there hands. Really move on in 100 year's whose going to care anyway.
sapator
Member #210

I know i have issues.Am a mad motherf#cker ;) I can top your bluray though.I have all the Laser disks of the band without having a laser disk :) (except the Moscow one because it has Metallica$h in it.I don't pay for Metallica$h).
ros3
Member #23,267

Aye the laser disc's. They must be rare now. Hard to find i would imagine. Tell me what is the picture in your profile i cant make it out.??..
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I had no idea there were any Laser Disc AC/DC releases, What where they,if you don't mind my asking,lol. Sounds like a cool collector's item, must be rare.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

here are some AC/DC laser discs on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/Those-Rock-LD-Metallica-AC-DC-Sealed-/150578793703?pt=US_Laserdisc&hash=item230f320ce7 http://cgi.ebay.ca/AC-DC-Donnington-live-U-S-laserdisc-/160540479467?pt=US_Laserdisc&hash=item2560f54feb

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.