Forum

Forum

I'm a little sad that things went that way.

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Now that we have some peace and quite i thought i would BURN THE F$CKING PLACE!! Lol joking. I wanted to share this thread with you http://acdc-bootlegs.com/forum/?messageid=12711 My exact words there: Also this is not about the money and the boats etc etc. They have money, sure [B]let's Sony make some[/B].After all this is the 1st album for Sony. And finally TOUR! If anyone thinks they are getting his loot then DON'T GO ON THE FUCKIING TOUR. If anyone thinks the album is trash, DON'T BUY IT. If anyone thinks they are money thirsty monsters DON'T BOTHER LISTENING TO THEM. I'm tired of this money business thing. I'm going to buy one copy of the album and get my promos and go on the fucking tour with a smile on my face and if someone does not like that he/she can kiss my lovely arse! And that is that." "let's Sony make some"!!! What i was thinking :) Hey old sap up there, kiss my a$$ you wanker, lol. Now this is to say that we were all very anxious and excited, we were not skeptic with any sell off, definitely not whiners. I'm sad that things turned that way and i'm accusing them now but insulting my intelligence(duuh,huba,hubaba,iikk,iikk) and spit my loyalty on my face is something i could not take lightly. Well that's all.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Like Sap, I am sad it has come to this, but AC/DC are a band who have chosen to shit on their legacy (and their fans) and go out with a whimper and that's what they'll ultimately be remembered for. This is the band that took down the pictures of Bon Scott after Australia so that American casual Yankee concert-goers who plunked down their 100 bucks for the same-old same-old wouldn't have to ask themselves any troubling questions such as, "Who is that? AC/DC have a history? Oh, that guy actually wrote Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds? Really? Wow - maybe I should check out the band's back catalog."
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

I would so laugh if someone said Brian has writen and sung Highway to Hell. But that already happened RnR. Many donīt know who Bon was.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

I'm also sad...I am a fan of AC/DC since 1988, actually I started to be a fan when AC/DC became a huge machine to make monay. I do not even bought Black Ice nor SUL. Dont want to see old, bold guy showing wrinkled ass wearing schoolboy uniform. But wait... this guys played also in 70s and 80s and that was something timeless. I'm trying now not to belive this is the same band that played Marquee in 76, San Francisco' 77 or Hammersmith in 79 that was pure magic. The only reason I'm digging the net searching for "ACDC" is maybe I will find at least a minute of existance that I have not seen/hear before from the "being true" era. I'm not even waiting for new Buenos DVD...not sure but I think I will stay with my old VHS - Let There Be rock wich I have seen milion times and every single time I am watching this scratchy version I am feeling like I am there...energy is pure. Respect guys !
RnRDamnation
Member #254

LTBR on BluRay and DVD is good, old-fashioned, high-energy, unpredictable AC/DC. I cannot wait for that release, too. I only hope it's a decent transfer from a new (or restored) film print and the sound is uncompressed PCM audio. If it's just a "pristine VHS transfer" with decent sound, I'll just wait for someone to rip it to DivX.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

It won't be anything VHS.... No major studio would be that damn stupid to even attempt releasing a cleaned up "VHS" tape as HD. It will be great,other wise they wouldn't waste the time and effort. I too hope the sound is improved,the Bonfire audio does sound a bit muddy.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

"No major studio would be that damn stupid to even attempt releasing a cleaned up "VHS" tape as HD." Despite your unwavering optomism, thunderdeeds, have you seen the Plug Me In DVDs? Seriously, it looks as if instead of hunting down the original Tokyo 1981 video source (with the complete songs and not just the TV fragments), they just downloaded the same Tokyo 1981 DVD from the Internet that we all did, spent 15 minutes with it in Final Cut Pro to apply a bit of color correction and improve the sound a little and then output to DVD. The same is true of the Detroit 1983 and most of the rest of the "TV" video from that set. And you're trying to tell me that no company is stupid enough to release a cleaned-up VHS tape as HD? Now, DVD may only be 480p, but up until a year or two ago it was as HD as it got and all the production companies were telling us how spectacular it was and how much better it was than the Widescreen VHS tapes we'd purchased to replace our FullScreen VHS tapes of 3 years before... As this is WB and not Sony and WB is actually pretty awesome about their DVD releases, I would hope that this is a high quality release, but if it were Sony, I could almost guarantee that it would be no better than a "pristine" VHS transfer...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

But it's not Sony my friend :D You do make a point there, Plug Me In is by no means perfect quality (It really does piss me off about Tokyo,Detroit and various other videos included on it) I just find it very difficult to think a company such as WB would spend as much time as they have, with Eddie Trunk hyping it up ect. only to show us a barely better improvement to our original copy. I think this may be the first real Quality Release we've had in quite some time. But, We can't bitch until arrives I suppose,so we can continue this June 7th :) I hope to be amazed, (and everyone else too) We shall see.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Again i'll advise to first do a download (if you are afraid or something download a small fragment) of the dvd and then if they have respected us, buy it. No way on earth i will get this without first confirm it's not VHS to DVD with a little aftertouch.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.