Forum

Forum

Back in black hong kong cd's

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I was cleaning up and i found this. It is a Back in black double cd from Sony (HDCD) and it has back in black and Stiff upper lip (first song Hells Bells is a live version (?) ). It says distributed for Hong Kong/Singapore/Malaysia and the 2 cd's are gold pressed with a reg number in the inner rim.I'm studying it for authenticity and as far as i can see it is at least factory manufactured. Has anyone encountered this?It's probably the only cd i can't identify so i thought it was a bootleg but all the covers and pressing are 100% manufactured. If it's not authentic it's the best imitation i've ever seen. The back cover has an label that if you touch it, it stick out of the paper a little and the cd's are made in press.
sapator
Member #210

Ah, manufactured in 2003-2004
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Hmm, sounds interesting
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

I remember when I was in Beijing and I saw a cd pressing of Back in Black there. It was in a legit music shop, one of only a few western artists that was for sale there. My guess is that it was a South East Asian copy, that pretty serves the entire region for material like that. I suppose there wouldn't be too many people buying them there legit though since the avenue for piracy is so large in that part of the world.
sapator
Member #210

Hmm.I guess after Sony took over they could have made a local distribution in Malaysia. But older cd's are from Korea and Taiwan only. Here is the cover http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/klaint/DSC01159x.jpg and now some things i cannot believe my eyes on. The lyric book has cartoon,manga characters!!!Take a look. http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/klaint/DSC01160x.jpg I would have instantly proclaimed this da fake of the century but it's not a fake, at least it's factory made 100%.WTH?
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I'm happy to see you post something cheerful and surprising (especially from this band!) again for the first time in a long time, Sap.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Surprised to see the manga stuff, LOL Nice find though,never even knew of this.
sapator
Member #210

Well when it comes to collecting it's another issue RnRDamnation ;) I have this for a couple of years but as i said i found it stashed yesterday but i never really checked the booklet, so it was a surprise for me too.
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

The funny thing is, that that Manga picture is from a Hammerfall booklet. If you donīt know the band. Well itīs a swedish Power Metal band. Anyways. Still intressting to look at. Thanks for showing Sap. :)
sapator
Member #210

You're welcome. I know hammerfall but don't own an album. There are some other manga pic's in there, i may post them if i got time.
sapator
Member #210

This is made in Taiwan actually,it's on the side.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.