Forum

Forum

Conversion...

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Ok, so I found out my iPod touch, while not a great recorder, records to wonderful lossless .aifc. I know that it's stupid to convert from lossless to lossy, but I just wanna double check... is it ok to convert from lossless to lossless? Like from .aifc to .wav or .flac? Thanks in advance
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination so take my word as a grain of salt. I believe that it all has to do with if you re-encode the file/s themselves. To my knowledge, at least to my belief, if it's a direct conversion (encoding) of, for example; WAV --> FLAC then it's ok. But if you were re-encoding, to my belief (based on what I think I know, lol) you may experience some form of quality loss. Probably unnoticeable to anyone's ears. But since you want to convert from Lossless to Lossless, your result will still be a perfect lossless. dbpoweramp will do it for you. I quickly searched Google and found an audio forum with the same question: Here
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Ok, thank you! I'm new to a lot of this and I got into it quick. I figured as much but just wanted to double check, again thanks!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.