Forum

Forum

Great Sounding Live Recordings Over The Decades

Metallmonster
Member #25,311

Num Posts: 2

Hello guys, I'm new here and because of that, I wanted to express my admiration at first. Just a few days ago I regognized this site and it's really amazing, how many of you are interested in AC/DC bootlegs n'stuff. Especially BigNate's Bootleg list blows my head away. Well, and I got to your site, because since a long time I'm searchin' for rare great sounding bootleg recordings. I'm listening very often to AC/DC in my car, and then I got the idea, to create my own Live-CD of AC/DC. Well it's not really bootleg, but a collection of official released tracks, but filled up with bootleg tracks from Phoenix ("Safe In New York City" and "Meltdown"), because of the great sound. (Note: "The bootlegged "Safe in New York City" sounds much better than the one released on "Backtracks"). To cut a long story short, I'm very interested to fill up my list with not officially released live songs, but every song just appears once in the list. That's my list: CD1: (Bon Scott Era) 1. She's got balls (from Bondi Lifesaver --> "Volts") 2. Riff raff 3. Problem child 4. Rock 'n' roll damnation (all from "If You Want Blood...You've Got It") 5. Live wire 6. Shot down in flames 7. Walk all over you 8. Bad boy boogie 9. Girls got rhythm 10. Rocker (what a great live version!!!) (all from "Let There Be Rock - The Movie - Live in Paris") Brian Johnson era: CD2: 1. Guns for hire (what a fuckin' great song live....) (but just the version on the Plug Me In Promo-Single really kicks ass, though or because they helped in the studio...the version on "Backtracks" including "This house is on fire" is a bit disappointing) 2. Thunderstruck 3. Shoot to thrill 4. Back in black 5. Sin city 6. Who made who 7. Heatseeker 8. Fire your guns 9. Jailbreak 10. The Jack (well, the version on "Stiff Upper Lip - Live In Munich" is the best "The Jack" live recording, but because I've included all tracks from "Live", I also included this recording of the song.) 11. The razor's edge 12. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap 13. Moneytalks (all from "Live Collector's edition") CD3: 1. Hell's bells 2. Are you ready 3. That's the way I wanna rock 'n' roll 4. High voltage 5. You shook me all night long 6. Whole lotta Rosie 7. Let there be rock 8. Bonny 9. Highway to hell 10. T.N.T. 11. For those about to rock (we salute you) (all from "Live Collector's edition") 12. Hell ain't a bad place to be (from the Japanese "Live Collcetor's Edition) CD4: 1. Hard as a rock 2. Boogie man 3. Hail Caesar 4. Ballbreaker 5. Dog eat dog (all from "No Bull") Maybe I will include "Down payment blues" and "Cover you in oil" here, when I bought "The Director's Cut" 6. Safe in New York City 7. Meltdown (from the BOOTLEG "Stiff in Phoenix") Maybe I will include "Ride on" Live in Paris here. 8. Stiff upper lip 9. Rock and roll ain't noise pollution 10. What do you do for money honey 11. Up to my neck in you (from "Stiff Upper Lip - Live In Munich") 12. What's next to the moon 13. If you want blood (you've got it) (from "Live At The Circus Krone") and the next songs will be 14. Rock 'n' roll train 15. Big Jack 16. Black ice 17. War machine (from "Live At River Plate") So, that's my long list...and maybe now you can give me some tips, which (soundboard) recordings got (near) that level of the official recordings... I thought of live versions of... C.O.D., Put the finger on you and Let's get it up (1981-1982) Fly on the wall, Shake your foundations, Sink the pink and maybe First blood (1985-1986) (Fly On Tour is a great bootleg, especially at the end it sounds great, but most of the (for me) interesting tracks are at the beginning...Do there maybe exist a soundboard recording, where the sound-quality is straight great?) Nick of time, Go zone (1988) Get it hot, Satellite blues (2000) Anything goes (2009) Ok, thanks for reading...and maybe for helping... Greetz from Germany, Metallmonster
Metallmonster
Member #25,311

Num Posts: 2

No answers concerning this topic? Too bad....:-(

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.