Forum

Forum

"footage of the band with Bon - it’s never been released" I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS!

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

i found this interview with dave evans and he talks about, well here it is. Question - "Which songs other than She’s Got Balls and the unpublished Dog Eat Dog were recorded at the Bondi Lifesaver in 1977?" Dave - "I don’t know about that one because we’ve done so many recordings. What we did record though… our first tour back in Australia after being in England. There is this guy who is actually a film director now, his name is Russell Mulcahy. He actually made a film of the tour and Alberts still have it, they haven’t released it. I saw the rough cut of it with the band, it runs for about two hours… and it looked good. It’s placed around a live concert in Melbourne, but they actually went on the road with the band for two weeks. They filmed everything - live and backstage. So there’s hours and hours of footage of the band with Bon - it’s never been released. It’s all done on 24-track, not on video. The tour was called “Giant dose of rock ‘n’ roll”. The original name of the tour was “The little cunts are back” - it wasn’t our idea, it was the promoters’ idea, but they wouldn’t let us do it. We had a tour program that got taken off the market because we couldn’t sell it. It had a photo of each of us with a quote underneath. You know Rod Stewart? He used to have this beautiful wife called Brit Eklund… and I was in love with her. So myquote was “I like to make enough money, so I can fuck Brit Eklund.” They banned it, the police took allthe copies. The whole thing was geared towards not offending people but getting publicity. It wasn’t an all successful tour back here, it was a fairly quiet tour. I don’t know for whatever reason, but it didn’t work. We only did about 20 gigs. That was a real low for the band here between November 1976 and January 1977." here is the link for the interview aswell with other "original"members. most of you have prob seen this tho (the interviews)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Sounds great,and if it's true,I'd love to the Bon footage someday.I'm sure Alberts have tons of stuff packed away. Just one thing though, How the fuck would Dave Evans know? Like he has anything to do with the 76' - 77' touring......seems like it's out of his ring of knowledge, Just saying.
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

If I had to guess...I'd think he meant Mark Evans I'd love to spend a week in Albert's Vault! Damn! Sounds awesome!
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

yes i ment MARK EVANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about that guys
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Ah I see, My bad :D
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

If i could, id apply to alberts music company, get the job, and then ransack the vaults lol. id love to see this released. Dirty Deeds was my favorite tour because of the songs they played and I'd do alot to get that un-released stuff into my collection.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

I think that might be true...but maybe it will never be released probably some parts will show up during next 10 - 20 years. I think also some people have similar stuff in their collections but it will never leak to internet. By the way, Brit Eklund was a really hot bb back then
nick of time
Member #31

Num Posts: 65

If Mark Evans was interviewed and he talks about the Bondi Lifesaver event, wasn't that Cliff's first official performance in the band as the new bass player? I think Mark may have a had a brain lapse on that one. However the video footage seems very cool! That would be great to see actual live footage of the Bon-era without it being a promo type of video.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

wow i also forgot the link http://www.buoy.com/~bonfire/interviews.html
thunderstruc0
Member #280

Num Posts: 54

Those two videos from the Myer Music Bowl in '76- Problem Child and Baby, Please Don't Go, are directed by Russell and are leftovers from the film project. So most of the concert footage would've probably looked like that.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Interesting, I love Problem Child from Meyers Music bowl, Great rendition,as well as Baby Please Don't Go. Wouldn't mind seeing a full show from that era.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

How'd you guys see that video of Problem Child live at Meyers Bow???I can't find it, just audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMq7tycbhA
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

....It's on Plug Me In dude.....
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

oh......I feel dumb......I own that DVD too......lol
edeledeledel
Member #25,319

Num Posts: 11

There are also the shows taped for "If you want Blood" - in the 1978-10-31 interview, Bon says that shows were taped in London, San Antone, New York, and Hollywood, but that the finished album was pretty much all from the Glasgow show... One day... At least they've started to dig into their vaults...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.