Forum

Forum

Could ACϟDC have done better?

ACDC1999
Member #24,781

Num Posts: 11

A Question came up during work one day about ACϟDC. if bon scott hadn't died would ACϟDC still be who they are today with this much popularity and top hits. iv always been a big fan of both.
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

I think so. I dont think they would have been riding on just what Back In Black turned into for as long as they have done. The riffs would probably be that same but lyrics would be very different. We would have the same great songs that AC/DC have right now but it would be interesting to here a Bon Scott song to the riff of Thunderstruck or War Machine.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

That being said, they've done the best they can under the wing of record company oppression and their own self-imposed oppression following the death of Bon. Some of the stuff is quite good and some of it, not so much. I think the answer to your question is, yes, they could have done better, but who's to say we wouldn't have ended up with the same old McShow at the dusk of their career anyways?
edeledeledel
Member #25,319

Num Posts: 11

Here's some heresy! Bon's vocals on Powerage were awesome - the strongest of his career. On Highway to Hell, his voice didn't sound as strong. Maybe it was the production, maybe it was the constant touring taking a toll. In Clinton Walker's biography, he was quoted as saying to a friend that he was getting sick of the lifestyle, and might have quit the band anyway... But who knows? They were going from strength to strength at the time of his death, and maybe would have built up momentum with ever stronger albums, rather than the one big firework of Back in Black and the plateau afterwords...
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

do you think AC/DC will release a album with no tour since brian johnson is 64 or 65 years old ?

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.