Forum

Forum

Countdowns - 1974 and 1975

fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

Hello guys, questions for some hard core Bon Scott era fans. I have spent some time to investigate the dates and other details related to 74 and 75 ACDC TV performances. 1. 14/12/1974 - Countdown - Angus dressed as Zorro, only photos exist - dont know what song(s) they performed during that night 2. 31/05/1975 - Countdown - Angus dressed as Super Angus, some photos exist and video (48 seconds only - Baby Please Dont Go), show with Ian "Molly" Meldrum some additional photos exists saying that they are from same countdown show on 31st of May but Bon looks differently from the show above, Angus is not wearing Super Angus suit but Schoolboy uniform. I think there are two possibilties: 2a Photos are from different dates 2b Guys performed two songs during the evening and changed clothes between the performances photos here: http://www.countdown.com.au/gallery/photo/angus-young-of-acdc-0?gid=543 3 April/1975 (dates according to official releases) - Baby Please dont go - Bon Dressed as schoolgirl - according to some informations I think the date for this show is: 23/03/1975 anyone got the real date for it? 4 two songs: High Voltage, Show Bussiness - definitely videos comes from the same show. High Voltage sounds like its audio track with added audience, Show business is live with changed quality throughout the song. There are different dates around the net related to this two songs: 06/06/1975; 12/06/1975; 16/06/1975; 16/07/1975; 13/09/1975. Anyone knows where it was shoot and whats the correct date for it? Is High Volateg studio track used for this clip? 5 00/10/1975 - High Voltage from "TV Week King Of Pop Awards" anyone got a full date for this show? Hard core fans plss help on sorting out the questions. Thank you
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

for the "High Voltage" video, yes it's definitely the studio recording. i'm sure they played it live, but added the studio recording to that video to make a music video type thing. the "Show Business" and "High Voltage" videos are on Family Jewels. it's listed as recorded on June 16, 1975.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

thank you, so 4 is sorted. worst thing is with number 2 and 3. Its really strange that its so difficult to track down tv shows that took place less than 40 years ago :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.