Forum

Forum

Best sounding version of Nick Of Time played live

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

I found a lossless copy of this song (after about a week), and edited it just a tad to bring it out. Personally, I love how awesome it sounds and I want to here what everyone else thinks about it.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Sounds great man, But I disagree, THIS is the best version of Nick Of Time live, I can't track down the damn show though,I have no info what so ever on it, Can anyone Identify this????^^^^^
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Wow, you sure this isn't from an unreleased proshot, soundboard, or something or another??
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It's audience sourced, but damn is good. Am I right? It's close to Soudboard, wish I had the whole show.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

*Soundboard
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Closer than any audience recording I might have ever heard. I think this is a definite keeper. I guess the only way to find out is to match it to other recordings out there. I give it 10/10!
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Is there a way to check if it's lossless or lossy?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yes, but I'll tell you right now that video isn't. No Youtube video is. Even HD, So no matter what we do,we can't make that a lossless source (however I do have it downloaded.) I've searched many a bootleg,only to find nothing that compares :( Wish I had a lossless version too.
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Flick, the one you posted sounds like it came off the bootleg compilation A Vulgar Display of Ultra Rare Tracks. I've never really taken the time to source that recording, but from a quick review of all my 1988 shows, it sounds like it might be Stockholm 1988.03.25. It's been tweaked a bit from the sounds of things though. But based on the "this one's called...uh...Nick of Time" from Brian, it sounds like it's a match.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

I hear ya, it's sad there wasn't much recorded from the FOTS - BUYV era's. I was a little dissapointed with the Plug Me In set for this period too. Not much good has come up and I love most of the stuff here.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Wow, BJ888, thank you a whole lot!! It's a perfect match. I found a lot of similar pitches, but at 1:35 on the stockholm recording right after Brian's first line after the chorus is a whistle that matches the one you found. It sounds like a perfect match to me!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thank You BrianJohnson888! I've been trying for a very long time to find the source,will check out Stockholm 88 then :) Compare and then try to spruce the thing up to match that video's sound.
esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

My grandpah said he heard AC/DC play this live at a concert wile he was traveling, i gotta ask him is this might have been it. I'll have the ansewer as soon as possible.
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Actually Flick, you may find the original, untweaked recording to sound better, at least in my ears anyways. I feel the one from A Vulgar Display to be tinny and doesn't sound as full as the original. Check it out.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.