Forum

Forum

I need help with AC/DC amp settings please

HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

so I got a marshall mg100dfx amp about 2 to 3 months back, and I havent been able to get a good AC/DC sound with it yet, I was wondering if anybody here knew how to get the AC/DC sound on this type of amp, the amp has the settings of ((CLEAN CHANNEL- Gain, Bass, Middle and Treble and it has a clean/crunch button)) ((OVERDRIVE CHANNEL- Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Contour and Volume, and it has a 0D1/0D2 select button)) and then it has digital fx but of course I wont use it in acdc songs lol, and then it has the master volume, if anybody here can help me id appreciate it, thanks.....ps- and i also know that getting the acdc sound can depend on what guitar i have, if you can help, thanks
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

Num Posts: 74

This could help you: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/meanjimdstechtalkangus/
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

on my marshall i usually use the overdrive channel with treble-10, middle-5ish, bass-1ish, and mess with contour till it sounds good.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

http://www.solodallas.net/
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

^^^^ Solodallas.net Look at his Shoot To Thrill Video on the main page and he tells you perfect settings for both Tube amps and solid state.
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

I have the same amp. There isn't much you can do for the solid state Marshalls, but simply enough, very little gain, just enough to get a crunch.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Can't recall cuz it's been 2-3 years but i was using a JCM 2000, that is tubeless if i recall.Could not find a DC sound even if i have the AY signature.I think you would need a tube amp ,Mesa boogie or Marshall for a good DC sound. My setting were always, everything 10 on the guitar, the usual AY pickup and everything in the middle on the amp, else it overdrives very badly, well ok sometimes a Slayer or Kreator popped up so everything on the amp went to full, except the volume(very loud i would have been deaf by now). Anyhow there was little ACDC played so i did not search for a DC sound but i would love to use Angus amps (unfortunately not enough $$).
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

in my opinion the only way to get the best AC/DC tone is with the Vintage Marshalls(2203, JMPs,Plexis)
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Honestly I think Angus' only tone worth replicating is from the Bon era. After that, it was nothing special.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

agree with suicidehummer.I'm purchasing a Marshall Plexi 100W 1959 Reissue this Weds. for $1200 and that's what the boys used to record Powerage which I can't wait to try and replicate.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.