Forum

Forum

Live At The River Plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Holy awesomeness!!!!! My copy of the dvd came in the mail today!!!!! Im just finishing Big Jack now and am already listening to Dirty Deeds!!!! It is so awesome!!!! I love it!!!
Hells Death
Member #24,593

The guys played 3 nights in Argentina, does anyone have a more specific date for the dvd than just Dec., 2009??? its been drivin me nuts for a while...
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

December 2, 4, and/or 6, 2009. I'd guess the only way we'd find out which songs are from which nights is to go through the youtube clips of each song and try to compare against the official release. And even then, more than one night could be used in a single song.
Mano
Member #429

Num Posts: 50

Well, I did what Nate said with LTBR, Rosie and TNT trailers and with Thunderstruck and RnR Train video clips, and all of these seem to be from december 4th. But I think that in LTBR, when they filmed the entire stage and the crowd (with the camera positioned far away from stage), they used some images from december 2nd....because what Brian is doing does not fit well with the images on the big screens. I dont have the DVD yet, so I cannot compare other songs. Maybe matirocker have some info about this. I'm also curious about dates used. I read on some internet foruns, some people (that went to the 3 nights) saying they filmed december 4th for the DVD, but it needs confirmation. Well, personally I prefer december 4th, since it was the night that I went to. =P Sorry about english mistakes, I'm a bit tired and lazy today.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

http://vimeo.com/23485730
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

Well in the docu they said, that they used 10 cameras on the first night, 20 on the second and a few more on the 3rd night. So I guess most of the footage was used from Dec. 4th.
pumpumkillah
Member #24,973

Num Posts: 21

yeah it's clearly a mix in shot down in flames, you see Phil with a cigarette, then no cigarette, then cigarette is back ! in another tune (I don't remember which) you see Angus' guitar changes. there are other mistakes: for example in the first verse of you shook me all night long, Malcolm should not be playing but at one moment you see him strumming
pumpumkillah
Member #24,973

Num Posts: 21

but yes it's an awesome dvd !!!!
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

I noticed Cliffs bass changed during it
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

You'd think that if they were going to be filming over three different shows, they would have at least used the same instruments. It's called continuity, guys! C'mon guys, the continuity between the shows of the Black Ice McTour made it so that one show was indistinguishable from the next! The least you could have done is maintain that continuity with the instruments! I wonder what David Mallet - who is an excellent concert film director - thought as he was cutting it all together...
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

Aye it's a super dvd and no mistake. Bit of a slow start but from Shot down in flames they were on fire. I dont think the dvd had any mistakes as it's made clear from the start that it's shot over 3 night's so there's going to be some differences between night's. As for show's being indistinguisable from each other well find me a major rock act who arent playing the same show night after night ??.. The band are as good now as they have ever been. I for one cant wait for the next album and for the circus to start all over again. Everybody Na Na Na Na Na Na NA....
matirocker
Member #24,367

Num Posts: 183

the DVD, is from December 4th. I mean, the audio, is all from Dec. 4th. I haven't watched it yet, but in the avant premiere I noticed some shots from Dec. 2nd in Let There be rock and highway to hell, due to Angus using the other guitar (the one with lighting bolts) They did shots of Phil Rudd on Dec. 6th, so maybe the thing you were saying of his cigarette on SDIF was because they mixed some footage from the 4th and the 6th. But, I'd say 90% is from Dec. 4th And Cliff changed his bass for the red one on December 4th. Here you can watch it:
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

So who will NOT be getting this one? I won't.
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

Then you will miss out..
sapator
Member #210

Miss out what?The studio backing vocals?Or the 3days "live"? I'm 10000 times more exited about a decent release of LTBR dvd. Of course i can still download it whenever i want,even now,but i'm not in the mood for a mac show.
sapator
Member #210

mc show, sorry Scotland :)
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

i actually find the jewel dvd case to be pretty stupid, it just makes it stand out on my dvd shelf, next to the back in black dual disc
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

ros3: "s for show's being indistinguisable from each other well find me a major rock act who arent playing the same show night after night ??." Wow, ros, you're either completely removed from reality or you're a PR hack from Sony sent to troll the site. Major artists who aren't playing the same show night after night? How about: The Rolling Stones. Metallica. Even David freakin' Gilmour of Pink Floyd changed up his set from time to time on his last tour! Is that major enough for you?
sapator
Member #210

And from my preferences. Judas Priest Saxon and Motorhead. On tour basis, but they tour a lot.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.