Forum

Forum

Thoughts on LARP's bonus features?

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

It's cool that the tour cartoon was released along with the documentary, but it's a shame they didn't include proshots of Anything Goes and/or High Voltage from the tour (kinda like the Director's Cut of No Bull) cause that would've been awesome! Any thoughts?
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Agreed. They skimped on bonus features. Especially when it came to the blu-ray...it was barely a half-full disc. If it wasn't for the 5.1 LPCM, it wouldn't have even been half used. Some pro-shot bonus songs would have been great, I agree.
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

How'd you guys like the menus? Sort of weird the whole pirate theme don't you think? I guess it was something different right?
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Any one have pictures of the menus? I didnt get my DVD yet still waiting.
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

I liked the Docu especially the scene when that guy was with his son in the radio station and got two tickets from them. And also one funny thing was, when the band started to talk about steaks. ^^ But there is one complainment I heard about the Blu Ray. Is it true that the 5.1 sounds very thin? Because a few people were complaining about this.
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

I liked the Docu especially the scene when that guy was with his son in the radio station and got two tickets from them. And also one funny thing was, when the band started to talk about steaks. ^^ But there is one complainment I heard about the Blu Ray. Is it true that the 5.1 sounds very thin? Because a few people were complaining about this.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Great DVD, but: Pirate Menus look very crappy to me, 5.1 is indeed "Thin" the Stereo sounds much stronger and better. The Doc. was pretty cool, nothing special, but worth a watch none the less.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Pirate menus? River Plate? I don't get the connection. What were they thinking?
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Patrick: If by thin they mean it's not overblown with bass, then sure. But then, if they're listening to it through a surround system, they should learn to turn up their subwoofer. To me it sounded fucking amazing through my system.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

The pirate menu is a subliminal message from the band that they support piracy.It slipped high and mighty axeman Sony! I'm with you Ang and co, if i ever want to view this live then i would download it.Thanks for the message!!
Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

Same, I think that they should have included proshot versions of Anything Goes and High Voltage. It would have been awesome if they included High Voltage filmed in Perth, because it was the concert I went to and the place where Bon lived.
Sonic32
Member #23,697

And it sounds awesome to me in 5.1 surround. Not thin at all, but I haven't tried stereo yet.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

the only thing that sounds "thin" to me is Malcolm's guitar. it's mixed very low. and the backing vocals are kinda quiet in places, probably so we wouldn't be able to tell as easily that they're from studio stuff.
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

I test LARP on my 5.1 Only thing that sounds thin there imo is Phils Drum. Maybe it sounds different on some 5.1 systems. Because on mine, Cliffs Bass guitar gives me the most bass. :P
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

I thought it sucked, it wouldn't have been hard to put in anything goes and high voltage from a gig, and also an interview with band, a few tour photos but I suppose that'll come with the new super special edition they'll release later. Menus were weird though but I enjoyed the show which is why I bought it so I suppose its ok :)
Sonic32
Member #23,697

I can see Angus and Malcolm liking pirate map themes.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

And big fans of Running Wild i suppose :P

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.