Forum

Forum

What would you guys think??

AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

My tribute band is thinking of playing It's A Long Way To The Top but we don't have bagpipes. What would you guys/hardcore AC/DC fans think if you a tribute band who played that song had the the bagpipe part played on guitar?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

If you do it the way Angus did it, then yes. I actually like it when he free styles during the bag pipe part, probably one of my favorite live versions of the song. (I'm too lazy to look up the video...lol)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Here's the version I'm talking about, do it like this and it'll be awesome. This guy covered it well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBIC5mwlkK0
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Crap I meant to embed...
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

woah, I've never seen that cover before....I wish he posted tabs,I'm going to try and figure out what he did
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

got it!thanks for showing me that, I've never heard that version before and it's awesome
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

No problem man, you should post the video of you guys here if you film it. Would love to hear it.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

what is the date of that live version??? I really want to hear it without sgmanjapan because I know he improvs alot and I want to hear what Angus is doing exactly We plan on recording soon, and I will definitely put it on here
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

here it is
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

thanks jesse, I love how they picked up a bit compared to the record.It's so much better
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah, the only reason I posted the version with SGman is cause the sound quality is better.He does add a lot too it (the original with just Angus is much better) In can send you a perfect quality flac version of the original version if you like., I have the whole show. It's much more clear than both youtube videos and of course is just Angus^^
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Here you go if anyone wants it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7NAOH61
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I'm going to see what the band wants to know, whether we should extend it or end it.I love that tempo, it makes the song 10x better in my opinion

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.