Forum

Forum

they recorded both shows for ltbr the movie

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

they used the 4 pm show and 8 pm show for the movie. in ltbr you can see angus is using 2 diff guitars, malcolms shirt changes, and at 0:46-0:50 you can tell its 2 diff shows. this is for people who did not see that already. i wonder which show is which? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5VefGXS3Mc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

Yes and they even used footage from other shows around that time. Look at the end of bad boy boogie. When there is a shot of the crowd from the side of the stage, the wage floor is made of a different material. Im pretty sure that the shots where Malcolm is wearing the blue shirt instead of the white one is the 8 pm show.
josch
Member #23,784

Num Posts: 69

Interesting, I never realized that on the original VHS-Version, but now without a working vhs-player, I canīt compare the DVD.
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

From the looks of things, yes, they probably did film both. The bulk of the movie is the 8 pm show, while some shots were used from the earlier show, probably just to give another angle. Looks like just the single, stationary camera was used for the early show, though. And it's more than likely all the audio is from the evening show.
todds68camaro
Member #8,579

Num Posts: 62

I have been wonderering when this topic might surface. I noticed this when I 1st bought the VHS copy years ago. It's not from the same show. It's from a completely different venue. Look at the crowd in relation to the stage. The crowd in the "alternate" footage is right up front and same height as the stage, compared to the actual Paris footage where there is a barrier and the crowd is way below the stage level. I suspect the footage is from another stop earlier that month when the film crew atarted filming the band. anyones guess, but it's not the 4 p.m. gig in Paris.
todds68camaro
Member #8,579

Num Posts: 62

Also there seems to be alot of that footage mainly during Girls Got Rhythm, Let there be Rock. I think Bad Boy Boogie has some as well.
rhece6
Member #2,168

Either way, lol, Bon needed to buy a new pair of jeans. But it would make sense to film another show, whether it was the early show or a different date, just to give the illusion of more camera angles. I've never actually noticed it before.
yodenea
Member #25,154

Num Posts: 1

Eh!guys,what's problem?There're live,and it's one of the best show ever seen on a screen,with Bon!
xxlivewirexx
Member #20,084

Num Posts: 53

I think more than just the Paris shows were filmed because all of the interviews and behind the scenes stuff were done in Reims and Metz. But I don't know which clips are from where. I kinda think that the little bits of clips were Malcolm is in white and Cliff is in black aren't from Paris because if you notice, during the beginning part of the movie when they are coming out of the trailers, Malcolm has navy blue or black shirt that he had changed into earlier on, Cliff is in mustard yellow, Phil is in green and Bon has the same ripped pants on that he did during the evening show so I kinda think that's what they were dressed in for the 4pm show. However during the part where Bon comes out of the trailer and starts to come around the corner I can see Malcolm's wife standing there talking to Phil's then fiance and she has on the same thing that she was wearing during Malcolm's soccer clip so maybe not!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.