Forum

Forum

Best drum songs

esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

I miss having discussions (positive ones ;P) with you guys so I thought why not have a nice stimulating fan conversation. The two best drum songs I can think of right now are LET THERE BE ROCK, GIRLS GOT RYTHM, GUNS FOR HIRE, FIRE YOUR GUNS and BLACK ICE. what you think?
josch
Member #23,784

Num Posts: 69

I had these straight away: Two´s Up - dynamic Alright Tonight- beatwise
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

I was gonna say Let There Be Rock as well, good choice on that one. And I must say, as much as I love Phil, I do miss Chris Slade's drums on Thunderstruck
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

Jailbreak Show Business High Voltage Rock 'N' Roll Singer
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

Stiff Upper Lip Shoot to Thrill Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Rock N Roll Dream
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

I think their best drum songs are: Baby Please Don't Go Backseat Confidential Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Riff Raff If You Want Blood Shake a Leg Shake Your Foundations Fire Your Guns Hail Caesar Rock 'N Roill Dream Funny thing is...I think I've named all of their recorded drummers, with 5 Bon & 5 Brian tunes. Hope you like the list
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

RIFF RAFF!!!!!!I love playing that one on my set Rocker is kick ass to play Shoot To Thrill Sin City - all the snare and cymbal crashes make this one a must on the kit In my opinion, I love playing all of AC/DC songs on the kit, specifically the Rudd stuff.I love his feel and love emulating it, so anything Rudd is fun for me.Not really into the Wright or Slade stuff on the drums but they are both great drummers
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I forgot HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Shoot To Thrill - Who hasn't air drummed to the breakdown? fucking ace. Inject The Venom - To me, this album has Phil's best drum sound ever.So rich and powerful, I love it. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Awww yeaah Who Made Who - Probably on of my favorite Simon era tracks Baby Please Don't Go - Listen to it live at the Meyer's Music Bowl War Machine - Lots of energy in that one All Screwed Up - I love it, the un-sung hero of Stiff Upper Lip Thunderstruck - Slade was the man in that era Dog Eat Dog - Fantastic. 'nough said Go Down - Phil in full swing, another jem. __________________________________________ I'm sure I could think of more,but that'll do for now, lol
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Sorry but anybody who puts a Black Ice song on their list needs their ears checked, because that has the most compressed, cymbal-heavy, shitty drum sound of any AC/DC album. Now Ballbreaker... that's what Phil SHOULD sound like. I would say Cover You In Oil has a nice tight beat, but there's no clear best.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

yea, Ballbreaker has a great drum sound, I think SUL sounded good too. A good one off of SUL is Give It Up,starts up with Phil pounding his hi hat and snare and than the Young Bros join in
esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

@suicidehummer Damn, we were doing so good... Whatever... Not replying... @flickofthethunderdeeds Nice choise with Inject The Venom and War Machine @AngusRudd1019 Rocker Shoot To Thrill and Sin City are Fçkn awsome in drums now that I think about it. @maj I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! Baby Please Don't Go and Backseat Confidential Kick @$$. Thanks you guys :) YAGADDAFIREYAGUN!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

@suicidehummer I'm talking about the PLAYING.You know, the performance? I dislike the drum sound on Black Ice too. BUT Anyone who doesn't think Phil was great on that albums needs a hearing check, that was the most creative he's been in quite some time. AND I agree,I like Phil's sound on Ballbreaker, it's my second favorite after For Those About To Rock. However, once again, I was going on songs that had great memorable performances. (not that Phil has ever been bad)
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

My band does "Let There Be Rock"...Check it out
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

My favorite Phil songs are: Dirty Deeds, Inject the Venom, Let There Be Rock, War Machine, Whole Lotta Rosie, Shoot To Thrill, Whats Next To The Moon, Get It Hot, Black Ice, Rock N Roll Dream, Safe In New York City, and Give It Up. Those are my favorites that I can name off the top of my head but I'm pretty I can add a few more at least in the coming future.
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

Agree with all of you, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Can't Stand Still. That song to me is the definition of the Phil Rudd signature groove
ffranci
Member #8,482

Num Posts: 38

I've always wondered about the writing of Thunderstruck, it's such a 'drum song' I wonder if Slade was instrumental in writing it? Did he do enough to earn a writing credit?
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I have a feeling the drum part was Malcolm and Angus' idea, I can just picture them telling Slade, "This one called Thunderstruck should feel like a thunder storm,play something that feels like a thunder storm." and Slade produced great

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.