Forum

Forum

Help Identify / Possible new Bon Show ?

mikesline
Member #11,270

Num Posts: 34

HERE'S A TAPE TRANSFER,HAD IT FOR OVER 20 YRS I'M HOPING IT'S SOMETHING NEW,SINCE IT HAS "LONG WAY" ON IT-TAPE SAYS- CIVIC EL PASO,TX 9-16-79 SB 40MIN. FLAC-1 FILE--HELP ME OUT AFTER YOU REALLY LISTENED TO IT-I F***** HOPE IT'S NEW SHOW. SET LIST- 1.HIGHWAT TO HELL. 2.GIRLS GOT RHYTHEM 3.WLO ROSIE 4.LET THERE BE ROCK 5.PROBLEM CHILD. 6.HELL AIN'T A BAD PLACE 7.LIVE WIRE. 8.LONG WAY TO THE TOP. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5HND1DV6
josch
Member #23,784

Num Posts: 69

The tracklist seems really mixed up, so far I think ITīS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP was played in 1979 in London/Hammersmith, on December 17. Havenīt downloaded yet
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I'm downloading now,but I'm assuming this is the BBC tapes Longway from '76. However,I hope to be completely wrong and this is a Soundboard from '79. Will report back once I get it, -Cheers :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Sadly, it's not new man,wellat least I'm certain on song isn't. The recording of It's A Long Way To The Top is from July 27, 1976 at the Marquee, London. Can't say about the other songs,however I imagine this is more of a compilation edited together. Oh well, no harm done, thanks anyways dude. Some great stuff you've been sharing,I got a few over on House Of Bootlegs.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

*damn typo,I meant at least ONE song not "on" We need an edit feature if you get the time nate,lol
mikesline
Member #11,270

Num Posts: 34

thanx for research,was hoping to have something new-but? i used to collect bootleg-tapes way before-cd's & computers were heard of ,so mislabled stuff was always out there but the date and venue were correct,but not music-that sucks. i quess all i could ask is it better qualitry than other versions?? i got a few more shows to transfer i'll post in near future even if you got it-lot of my stuff might be better generation than others on net--that all i'm shoot in for now. thanx again for help. mike.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah mislabeled stuff happens all the time. I'm not sure about the other songs dude,they could be from where you're saying. (I'm too lazy to compare around to other Highway boots,lol. I just recognized that version Long Way because I've played the hell out of it.) Maybe I can find what they are too,when I get time. -Cheers
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

i know for sure that whole lotta rosie let there be rock problem child hell aint a bad place to be October 27, 1977 -- Golders Green Hippodrome, London, England live wire July 13, 1976 -- Wimbledon Theatre, London, England FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.