Forum

Forum

Brian's Book

wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Did anyone get the book or the Audiobook narrated by Brian?
acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

Got the book...haven't had a chance to read it yet. I would love someone to post a copy of the audiobook if that is possible. If possible, send me an IM. Thanks
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Yeah send me a copy too. On Amazon if you have a audible membership you can get the audio book for free. The audible membership is free for 30 days but you need to put your credit card info to start the free trial and I dont have a credit card.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

@acdc74 does the book have lots of pictures? I need pictures to keep me interested in a book.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

it has as many pictures as any other biography.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"does the book have lots of pictures? I need pictures to keep me interested in a book" God bless America...
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

RnRDamnation "does the book have lots of pictures? I need pictures to keep me interested in a book" God bless America... " :0) that made my day mate,think theres a page for crayon colouring too maybe? lol
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Wow wesley.....way to make me feel bad for being an American, lol
wesley12106
Member #23,828

:D Sorry, it takes a good book to make me interested in it and pictures help even if it's the little pictures above the chapter number.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

":D Sorry, it takes a good book to make me interested in it and pictures help even if it's the little pictures above the chapter number." Is your reading limited to WWE wrestler's autobiographies then? Did you find yourself frustrated reading Mick Foley's biography "Have a Nice Day" because of the number of words and the much smaller font than most other wrestling autobio's? I tell you what has lots of pictures - Dr. Seuss. I have to warn you, though, some of his books are pretty complex, especially when it comes tot he language. If you can make your way through Fox in Socks without having to take a break, I'll be very impressed... There's plenty of good books out there that don't have pictures. Lord of the Rings, anyone? It's a good thing for you they turned that one into moving pictures...
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Ha I'm with ya flick... RnRD - you're killin me hahaha! Although Fox in Socks does have a couple challenging pages I must admit
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Leave the kid alone you pervs. Biography (especially from rock stars) is not a book it's chit chat.Pictures are welcome.It's like a comic book for grown up people.Do you expect a comic book not to have pictures!? Btw i'm the non book reader type, i think i can make my imagination flow without an extra kick.Ok although there are important books out there (All the Ancient Greek ones,ShakespeareWells,Brian :P ...).I absolutely hate LOTR book they tried to make me read it in the army so i hate it without reading it.Of course i believe Jackson capture all the essence of the book on an epic trilogy never seen before in the....Lol ok i'm joking here LOTR movies are the worst kind of shit i have ever laid my eyes on(personal opinion), Jackson was well respected by me with movies Such as Bad Taste Braindead and Feebles but the man had to go with the money(King Kong!!).So FUCK EDDIE TRUNK! :P
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Wow, what a rant, Sap... LOTR was just an example. It's a shame you don't like the books, but they're not for everybody. I could have just as easily said The Odyssey or Hamlet, both of which are available in various moving picture forms throughout film history (some history books contain lots of pictures!). Also, Peter Jackson's King Kong was a vanity project and he comes across as a self-satisfied douchebag in the special features, but I think history will treat it kindly as a film. I, for one, find it mind-blowing and my wife cried at the ending...
wesley12106
Member #23,828

We're kind of going off topic now...
RnRDamnation
Member #254

So the guy who says he can't read a book unless there's a lot of pictures in it is complaining about us being off-topic? Pot, meet kettle. Who has ADD now?
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

RnRDamnation i did not say the book was bad, they just forced me to read it (i didn't) and it's hated from this day on. The Odyssey , hmmm, i've read it in Ancient Greek,New Greek,English for school and university.Hamlet also, anyhow it just does not work for me with books....Unless they have pictures :P King Kong was an idiotic film based on a re-creation of a good film.I wouldn't know if my girlfriend would have cried at the end because i stopped the movie after the battle with the dinosaurs. I sure would have cried if i have paid for it. I agree we are out of topic but it's more fun than asking if Brian's book has pictures.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Why is this conversation still happening? I was merely making a joke, but c'mon I think you've taken it a bit too far. Leave him the fuck alone... -Back On Topic, I wouldn't mind a copy of the audio book should any of you like to share it as well,sounds very interesting. I haven't gotten my copy yet,but may well pick the book up soon. I've always enjoyed books about the band,and Brian's stories in interviews. A combination of the two can't be too bad.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

As posted earlier. "On Amazon if you have a audible membership you can get the audio book for free. The audible membership is free for 30 days but you need to put your credit card info to start the free trial and I dont have a credit card."
wesley12106
Member #23,828

PHIL RUDD Pg.41 Occupation: World's Best Drummer
wesley12106
Member #23,828

^^^^^ I just noticed he did that with all the members of the band. I'm looking at the Amazon Look Inside thing.
NervousShakedown
Member #23,256

Num Posts: 31

Really enjoyed the book, even though there is so much about cars in it which i'm not really interested in. Brian is such a top bloke and honest that it feels like you are reading a book written by one of your mates. Just bought the Bon Scott "The life and.........". Only €5 so gonna get stuck into that this week. Maximum Rock and Roll is by far the best Ac/Dc book i've read so far.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.