Forum

Forum

LTBR DVD real Movie Version?

OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Num Posts: 65

Hi, i saw "LTBR - The Movie" three times in cinemas back in the 80's. And the version which was shown at the cinemas differs a little bit to the VHS-Version. Some small scenes were deleated on the VHS-Version. But i can't remember which scenes. At the start of the actual LTBR-DVD, where you can see the roadcrew and the busses, there is a voice from the off which talks about the citys and the tour equipment. And this voice, i think, is not on the original VHS-Version. (My recorder crashed years ago :-) ) Does anybody know if the LTBR DVD is the real movie version or is it the VHS-Version? Thanx
matirocker
Member #24,367

Num Posts: 183

yes, the new DVD & Bluray has that narration
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

You are correct. Here is a discussion about that hideous voice: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/forum/?messageid=31215 I'm already on a quest of hunting down the "voice" and murder,it, in a pool of blood!
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

ive seen this version on certain lists, but i dont know how circulated it is, ive been curious about it for years
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I have to agree with Sap. I prefer those first 30 seconds without the narration. It serves no purpose and is clearly ADR'd. I can see why they put it in - it would just be nice to have an option on the DVD to shut it off...
xxlivewirexx
Member #20,084

Num Posts: 53

I'm 90% sure the narrator at the beginning is the same guy that interviewed the band and it says his name in the opening credits...Klaus something I think.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I agree xxlivewirexx, it doesn't sound like a new addition,but rather something that was cut and re-added back during the remaster. (I suppose the theatrical version had it,and the VHS didn't.) The narration matches the interview guy,at least to my ears. Not to mention,it just sounds too..."old" to be a recently recorded audio.
xxlivewirexx
Member #20,084

Num Posts: 53

Yeah that's what I think I thought maybe it was always there and it just wasn't used at all but the more times I've watched it I think it was in the screened version but not in the VHS like you said.
OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Num Posts: 65

So, when the narration was in the screened version, what's up with the deleted scenes? There are some scenes in the screened version, which were deleted for the VHS release, but, as sayed, i can't remember exactly which scenes. Maybe the football scenes with Malcolm were longer. Any ideas or infos?
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

watching the original VHS now (yes, I'm old enough to actually have a working VCR to play it in) and the narration when the band is coming out of the trailer is not on it, nor is there any narration at all in the opening scenes. Watching the original VHS release to compare it to the Blu-Ray/DVD release and will put everything I find together in a review.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.