Forum

Forum

Mess with Australian 76/77 shows

fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

I know there was topic regarding that but nobody get an answear. The question is, does anybody know which date and venue is correct for bootlegs: Shoot, shoot dont talk and Can I sit on your face girl? It seems there are five dates used aroud the net for these shows: Adelaide 4/12/76; Sydney 5/12/76; Sydney 12/12/76; 2/1/1977 Sydney; 30/1/1977 Sydney. Second question is if Baby Please dont go and problem child comes form the same show as Jailbreak/Jack/Can I sit/High Voltage/Rocker/Its a long way? Because sometimes these songs are together some times split into two groups. Does anybody have a clue how to sort this mess? Thank you
bernd
Member #5,498

Num Posts: 73

Hello, I will try to summarize all the facts to the australian concerts from 1976/1977. In my opinion there are 5 concerts that are at least partially recorded: 05.12.1976 Sydney, Myer Music Bowl 18.12.1976 Brisbane, Festival Hall 07.01.1977 Hobart, City Hall 30.01.1977 Sydney, Haymarket 05.02.1977 Sydney, Hurstville Civic Center From the first date (05.12.1976) are "Baby please Don't Go" and "Problem Child". Which are find on "Plug Me In" and on many other boots. Also on "Shoot! Shoot! Don't talk". From the second date (18.12.1976) we have the "Dirty Deeds Down Under" Bootleg. The third date (07.01.1977) brings us two excellent boots: - And I Curdled Her Cream - The Little Cunts have Done It The fourth date (30.01.1977) has 4 boots: - No Wuckin' Furries - Shoot! Shoot! Don't Talk - Can I Sit On Your Face Girl - Sin Sidney '76 The fifth date (05.02.1977) has two boots: - A Giant Dose Of Rock'n'Roll - The Years With Bon Scott This are the facts known so far. So if this is all 100% correct - I don't know. But I think the probability is 99%. I hope I could help some. Keep on rockin'
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

You hit the nail on the head, bro! Answer to question Two:The two tracks from Dec. 5 (Baby Please Don't Go and Problem Child) do appear as Bonus Tracks on a few of the bootlegs mentioned, which may add to some of the confusion, but they are not from the January 30th show , as you ask in your question. I hope this is helpful to you. Let there be rock!
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

Guys, thank you very much for your help!!!! I thought nobody will put any light on that topic. Some authorities on that forum were useless regarding this case :)
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

the thing that screwed me up was on nates collection page, he has 1977-02-05 but in the notes it says. "Bon says something like That's against the law during the opening of Live Wire. Slight fade out after Live Wire. Bon asks if anyone in the crowd is from a location, then asks from Long Beach before Jailbreak. Bon says Can I sit on your face girl, you can sit on mine before Can I Sit Next to You Girl. Can I Sit Next to You Girl fades out." this describes 1977-01-30, does it not? http://members.acdc-bootlegs.com/BigNate/tradelist/?action=Browse&View=Audio&Year=1977
shithead
Member #975

Num Posts: 33

hey guys i know im a few years too late commenting on this one....but i think some of the confusion comes from the fact that the Sidney Myer Music Bowl is actually in Melbourne!!!!! not much new information i know.... cheers

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.