Forum

Forum

Your first "rare" AC/DC record

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

What was your first rare cd,lp,cassette? It doesn't have to be really rare as long as you thought it was rare for you. Mine was Bonfire Sampler CD promo http://www.discogs.com/ACDC-Bonfire-Sampler/release/1913053 It mush have been 2003-2004 i was looking on a relatively new (10 years old but still new to Greece) site,ebay.I saw this fantastic AC/DC promo item called bonfire sampler promo.I liked the cover and the price was kinda ok, 50$ :P Ye well back then i didn't know it was worth 10-15$ so without having paypal i put my money in an envelope and send them to USA! Well after a week nothing,after another week still nothing!I though i was robber!I emailed the seller and he said the item was send.That very day i got the cd!Oh man it was my first AC/DC promo i was very excited!It may have been very easy to find but i didn't know that back then. I also thought that there must be 5-10 promo cd's only and a couple of singles so i could get them all!Well tough luck, i'm still buying(till 2008 because after that they ,ok, they sold out!!!!!!ehmm) and they are not ending! Also my first real rare item must have been,hmmm, probably Ballbreaker new Zealand tour EP but i may be mistaken. P.S. Actually there is a somewhat rare Bonfire sampler cd from Germany but these days Germany is the enemy so i demote that cd to easy to find! :P
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

Nice treat Sapator, mine was "Fire Your Guns Vol.2" bootelg on MC, I bought it in some polish village back in 1992 so almost 20 years ago...BTW I am working in international company spent couple of months in Greece and some times really do not understand Greek attitude :) (thats reg Germans) I was comming to the office at 8am Greece colleagues started to appear at 10-11 I had two half an hour breakes during my day, when my colleagues had numerous breaks sometime mre than one hour going shoping,, restaurant outside, and leaving the office at 4-5pm. As I was implementing ERP system in these company they did not want to learn, english was on quite poor level, now they are in trouble calling what to do in every single case....I know that work is not most important thing in life (ac/dc is) but also there is nothing for free in this world...thats just my observation as I was working in almost 15 european countries and Greek guys were most friendly and nice people but work was not their strongest thing - which for Germans is opposite :)
josch
Member #23,784

Num Posts: 69

My first rare record that I´ve found was in 1991 in Prague/Czech Republic. In a second hand shop where in that time the prices were lot smaller than in germany where the wall came down and the Deutschmark and I startet to collect or to get all the official releases... I always wanted any live recordings,had some on tape and didn´t knew anything about Bootlegs but then I thought omfg what record is this, what nice picture is on it and I turned it around and could read Live in Sydney Haymarkets,November 1976. I was so glad holding a record in my hands, live and with Bon!!! This was really the beginning to collect all boots I could get-which is by now including the officials a package of 1m length-without the tower of CD´s... But much more fun was my very first AC/DC record at all- HIGHWAY TO HELL. I grew up in the GDRand had quit a lot tapes and was listening since 1980 AC/DC but the one day somebody said:Highway To Hell available "under the Table"-hurry up to get it !! Yeah, but I was 13,14 years young and had of course no money...and wanted the record... I decided quickly where to get the 16,10 Mark-I knew where my parents hide the housekeeping money and I´ve taken 20Mark. Since that day my parents record player was inevitable in use running in my room!!!!
todds68camaro
Member #8,579

Num Posts: 62

Probably my 110/220 LP back in the early 80's.
zoin
Member #13,328

Hi Sapator, my first rare AC/DC-thing was a self-recorded cassette called "you shook me all night long" with some live recordings in very bad quality. I bought this in a record store in Athens, Greece back in around 1986. I hope, this is not the reason that Germany is the enemy these days ;-) greetings, zoin
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Ahh, the memories. I think the first item I got that wasn't an official cassette or CD from the US was the old Australian Boom Box. I ended up working just about all summer, got my paycheck, had my mom drive me an hour to the store where it was, and blew my whole check on it. Best. Purchase. Ever. Growing up in small town Minnesota, hardly anyone had heard of the Australian releases so it was huge for me. After that, I think it was getting a bootleg called Ride On Bon in the late 90's, along with the UK vinyl of High Voltage with the cartoon cover. That was all before ebay really took off, so it was a lot harder to find things. I think the High Voltage lp may have been my first ebay auction.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

mine would prob be Bon-Scott's Last Oui-Oui (vinyl) or powerage red vinyl, not the most rare items but im happy with them!
sapator
Member #210

Consearning the LP's my first "rare" was the Powerage with the alternate tracks but i have 5-6, i leave LP's for you guys. About Germany and the job habits: I'm not saying that you,German people are the enemy,i have nothing against German people and i did not hear anyone complaining about our behavior in their vacations in Greece.In short you are not the enemy.Your government is because it is clear that it wants to buy all the Greek assets for 1/3 of their price and OUR fucking traitors in the Greek government that tells us that if we don't do that we will bankrupt.YOU FUCKS!WE ARE ALREADY BANKRUPT!Why get loans and make our depth bigger?TRAITORS! Also for the job habits.Your job must clearly have been for a public service office.I've worked both in public(as a consultant) and private sector. In public everyone were scratching their balls all day doing nothing and getting paid in the first of the month.In private sector i was working 10-12 hours a day and they were paying me half of the money they pay the public jobs.Also you cannot get laid off in the public sector so it's reasonable that public servants don't give a rats ass about their work because there is nothing at stake.That is not true for the private sector.If you say that you were at the office at 8pm then i'm almost certain that it's public sector (private starts at 9pm).If you say that everyone were cumming at 10-11 then it's 100% public sector.I did that 10-11 trick in private sector to get fired and get compensation, if i did that in public sector they would never be able to fire me.In short i'm sorry that you had to see the laziest ignorant fucking pigs of the public sector.Their are not part of the Greek job system, they are just fucks that got their job by licking balls on the deputy's of the 2 big parliament party's. The government says that they will lay of 150.000 public servants now,due to the crisis but in one year they haven't laid off NO-ONE.Instead with the tax system they forced about a million people in private sector out of a job.So the next logical step is not to vote them in the next elections and of course get to trial the current traitors and send them to prison for life.But bearing in mind that this is Greece it's possible for the 1mil+ of public servants(their army) to vote for them again! So that is the true story and not that Greek people are lazy,comprende? Zoin your chancellor Angela-bitch said that we take long vacations.The average Greek vacation days are 20-22 and the German is 24-29?Maybe you should shut that bitch up. Sorry for the long article but if they are feeding you with the idea that we are lazy they are telling you lies.1mil public servants are lazy but the other 9mil Greeks are not. ..... And the thread was about rare,what? :)
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

Mine was a mix of different Bon Scott stuff. There was a version of "Let there be Rock" near the end of the highway to hell tour, also all of the Bon banter in between songs off of the townson show (no music, just banter; "we'd like the security down in front here to fuck off"), and a brian johnson song I have yet to identify. There was this one part where you hear a baby crying and a preacher type saying "why does God admonish us from sin" or something like that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Excellent tape...Always wanted to find that brian johnson song again
zoin
Member #13,328

@sapator: I don't believe half of the things, Angela Merkel and her propaganda machine BILD-"newspaper" tells us. I am very sure there are lazy people in every country, I know enough in the place I work. I hope, that Greece will get out of the bankrupt very soon. I wish you all good luck and hope that nobody will be injured or even killed in the protests. Besides this: At the age of 15 I was so proud and happy about this bad-quality-cassette, this was such a special thing. No one in my school had something like this. I am not really a owner of many rare things, because I never had much money left to spend at. Perhaps 4 or 5 bootleg-lps, some live-cds and of course the australian lps. But I love them till today. Internet and MP3 made things much easier and cheaper. But 100 downloaded bootlegs can not compare to the rare things, I bought in my youth. They all have a history for me...
sapator
Member #210

Ye politicians sucks ass.It's more profitable nowadays not to work here.If you are a self employed individual the state takes 23+20% for taxes and now they legislated some bullshit about 300 euros extra and they lowered the tax free income.So you probably need 200Euros per month so that your clear income get's to 1000Euros per month.I think it's hanging time for our lovely politician! About the tape you bought in Athens.Was it by any chance by a store called Rock City or one Called Happening? If it was bought on Monastiraki or Plaka i must warn you that it may be fake! :P
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I searched for months and months trying to find a live AC/DC recording and finally happened upon this tiny little basement shop off of Donald Street in Winnipeg around 1989 or 1990. It was a cassette labelled Live in London 1980 and contained most of a Highway to Hell set. Despite the shitty sound quality, lack of details and incompleteness of the show (not that I knew that back then), it was electrifying and I played it over and over and over again, eventually working some of the songs into an AC/DC live compilation. I think the show was the Nearing the End of the Highway show from London 1980, but I can't be sure because I gave the cassette away to a fellow AC/DC fan later on down the road (because once you hear Towson 1979, do you really need any other Highway to Hell shows?) so I don't have it to compare against my mp3 boot collection anymore...
HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

My first rare AC/DC CD, LP, or cassette I got was TNT album cassette tape. I found it at a thrift store. I dont know what you all think about it but its rare to me lol
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

i just have the aussie and euro vinyl, but i remember i felt so cool when i bought T.N.T. (the first of them i got)
zoin
Member #13,328

Mh, I really don't remember the name of the store. I got a sticker of the store which I had on my schoolbag, but I left school 20 years ago... Monastiraki or Plaka are markets, aren't they? No, I didn't buy it there. It was a real cool "underground"-store (as long if I remember right).
sapator
Member #210

There were lot's of cool underground stores in Athens back in the 90's (when i started buying cassettes and cd's) but most of them are closed.You see nowadays you listen your music to 2 pc speakers from mp3 and you are fine (sort of). I forgot my first cassette, but unfortunately my first ac/dc cassette was relatively new cuz i was buying cd's. It's 4-5 years ago and it's Powerage German cassette with Cold hearted man included but not sure if it has the "extra" version of the songs.I think it does but i'm a little bored to listen it now. Anyhow out of topic my first cassette and first rock music ever listen to was Alice Cooper trash album.
Angus.Rocker@gmx.de
Member #358

Num Posts: 21

My first one was an "official" MC Tape simply called "AC/DC Vol.1" I realised years later that it is the Tape Version of the "semi official" CD called "AC/DC Live USA". It contains the Boston and the Cleveland Agora Ballroom Shows in parts. Amazing stuff..... That Tape is ULTRA rare. I got it when I was in elementary school. I loved AC/DC since I was five years old. My Father had the DDDDC Album in Cassette in his old Audi. I always requested the "silver cassette" since it had a silver label. I still own that one as well..
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

mine was "Get this into your head" bootleg.I bought it from a store called "shivas records" in athens.I think was round 1994 or 95.salute you!
sapator
Member #210

After seeing the item of the day i remember to post here that my first rare cd was actually the Live cd PRO 6233, only available with VHS of "NO BULL". And i paid 10000 drachmas for it.Since we will go back to them lets do the match...Errr 10-20-30..30 euros give or take.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.