Forum

Forum

What Has Become Of AC/DC?

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

In recent light of all the merchandise that is being released such as the Monopoly game, wines, and other items such as playing cards, action figures, etc., I ask myself: is the band becoming this big that we will need to see them on every item? Don't get me wrong, I love the band and am a huge fan, but I do not want to see them go down a path where other fans or non-fans will go; "Gee, they must really be desperate to put out a wine line or a board game"! I would rather see them put out rare material never heard before (which I am sure is out in a basement somewhere, probably Sony's) or a quality dvd of a past concert. It just seems a lot is being put out and I hate to think they are getting a big ego and need to have their name released on ridiculous things like toys or wines ;)
esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

I dont think the wine had anything to do in the grounds of AC/DC saying "we gonna sell u some wine branded by us." I think it was just that winery in Australia i guess. But Trust me, The day that a DVD or official LIVE recording of the 80's or LTBR-HTH era recordings come out Ima need some under-garment changes. I think it's eventually gonna hapen and I cant wait. And the monopoly thing is awsome!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"I dont think the wine had anything to do in the grounds of AC/DC saying "we gonna sell u some wine branded by us." " Esau31, I sure hope so, that would be so un-AC/DC!!! I must admit I do like the idea of the Monopoly game and as I mentioned in another post, will be getting it just because there are so many different Monopoly themed games out there, to have an AC/DC board game will be cool ;) I like the playing pieces they have like the cannon also and the layout of the board itself. Just think, now a fan can sit and play an AC/DC Monopoly game, listening to AC/DC music, while drinking AC/DC wine out of an AC/DC glass or mug, while lighting their smoke with an AC/DC lighter from which they pulled out of an AC/DC Zippo case :)
esau31
Member #23,140

Just think, now a fan can sit and play an AC/DC Monopoly game, listening to AC/DC music, while drinking AC/DC wine out of an AC/DC glass or mug, while lighting their smoke with an AC/DC lighter from which they pulled out of an AC/DC Zippo case :) _______________________________________________________ AC/DC fans paradise!!!
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Let AC/DC answer that question for you: "Money talks, BS walks" (Note their inability to say 'bullshit' for fear of losing the Zellers/WalMart/Target crowd of 1990.)
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

esau and Shakedown: What you describe sounds like some sort of hellish, predatory capitalist dystopia.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@RNR Okay, if you say so... :)
esau31
Member #23,140

not really, it sounds more like a place were i can do whatever the F*** I whant without goin over the law. so like ShakedownIce ima enjoy my fandom. ;P
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

I like the Monopoly idea but the everything else is shit
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

I think it's totally unfair to older fans that they refuse to release decent rare material, or remix albums like FOTW because at this stage in their career, many of their fans will and have died without ever hearing the rare songs they may have wanted to.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.