Forum

Forum

Hells Bells-AC/DC Tribute Band

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Will be checking this band out, heard from a co-worker these guys are good. Anyone else familiar with these guys and if they are pretty good? http://www.visitbristoltnva.org/events/details/hells-bells/851
todds68camaro
Member #8,579

Num Posts: 62

Seen them in Nova Scotia back in '98 or '99. They kicked ass as I remember it.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Cool, looks like I will be in for a treat ;)
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

I saw them in Eugene, OR and I had a great time, they were awesome. I was front row too so that was pretty sweet, they ended up interacting a lot with me because they could tell I knew all the words to every song, got to sing into the mic a couple times! You won't be disappointed
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Thanks, according to the link I posted it says they have been around since 1996 so it will be awesome to see them perform. Will have to snap some pics and submit them here.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I will be starting a Photobucket page with photos I will take from the upcoming September Hells Bells tribute gig here in Bristol, so when I get the photos uploaded, I will post the link here. I know it is not AC/DC the band itself, but feel it is still definitely related to material here, which is why I started this thread so hopefully I am not crossing the line here ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Two words that summed up yesterday's concert: Purely magnificent!!!!!!!!! This band is THE best AC/DC tribute band IMHO and no other band can come close to this tribute band playing AC/DC. Andy, the vocalist, definitely can scream out the songs and at times almost sounded like Brian. The "Angus" guitarist was awesome as well and even did the "Angus spin" on the stage floor. He was dressed in a schoolboy like uniform complete with tie, shorts, and cap like Angus dons. The drummer, Zach, truly blasted the crowd with percussions that rattled windows in the bank yards away. The only downfall was my camera fricking died and froze either due to a passing shower which may have got it wet, or my memory is full and I need a security code to delete the system memory. I did manage to snap some pics of the band setting up and jamming during soundcheck, but no pics of the guys playing through the actual gig. 'The Jack' was not played which was a bummer too many in the crowd, including myself, but with an awesome setlist of a diversity of tracks, I could not complain. Nothing after 'The Razors Edge' album was played, and the concert started with 'Thunderstruck' and ended with 'It's A Long Way To The Top'. Other tracks played (not in exact order) were "Who Made Who", "BIB", "TNT", "Moneytalks", "Shoot To Thrill", "Flick Of The Switch", "Have A Drink On Me", "LTBR", "Whole Lotta Rosie", "DDDDC", "Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution", "Hells Bells", "You Shook Me", "Girls Got Rhythm", "Jailbreak", "Sin City", and I think there might be 1 or 2 I may have forgot. They started at around 7:10 pm and ended at 9:10 pm, so 2 hours of excellent music were played for a jammed crowd which ventured across the street since it was so packed. Well, I wanted to quick drop a post and had a busy day today with work and 8 hours of school, so I will upload the images to my Photobucket page and post the link here tomorrow since I have no time tonight. Again, I apologize I could not get any pics and this will teach me next time to buy a disposable camera for backup. I will post the setup/jammin' pics along with a scan of a broken drumstick Zach (drummer) handed out to those in the front row. My ears are still muffled and right ear ringing, so are my wife's, but it was fun and I encourage anyone who gets the chance to see a good tribute band, especially an AC/DC one to see these guys. You won't regret it ;) Scott
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

uhhhh, I can't wait till my tribute band to Bon Scott is ready.It's so hard finding a singer...We are sooo close
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Sounds cool Angus, so a Bon Scott tribute band. Are you going to include songs when he was in 'The Valentines', or just through AC/DC years? Finding a singer seems to be common in bands, I know my best friend in high school was in a band and they went through so many singers until they finally found one. Uploading pics now and will post link in a few...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Link to Photobucket page: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j323/shakedownice/HELLS%20BELLS%20concert/ Would have had more if damn camera phone did not act up :(
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

just the AC/DC material

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.