Forum

Forum

Excerpt from Mark Evans' Book

BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Just read this and thought it was pretty funny. If the rest of the book includes stories like this, it should be great. http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/lit-up-with-le-bon-vivant-20110820-1j3dv.html
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Funny indeed!! Thanks for link Nate
flying.fudge
Member #1,347

Num Posts: 168

hey nate I've actually got the book and it's a really good read. there are some stuff in the book that you never knew and the photo of Mark with the band in 1981 is something i never knew existed. i've also got the 4 AC/DC wine bottles as well, don't know if you can get them anywhere in the world but they are freely available at most liquor stores in Australia!
ventor
Member #1,605

Num Posts: 16

33 pages excerpt from Australian edition (directly from publisher): http://www.allenandunwin.com/_uploads/BookPdf/Extract/9781742375793.pdf
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Flying Fudge, let us see the scans including the pics ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Ventor, thanks for the link, but where are the pics?
flying.fudge
Member #1,347

not going to show you the pic - you need to buy the book yourself and enjoy the read! however i'll show you the wine bottle and book cover pic (click to download the link below): http://www.sendspace.com/file/k51fev
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@Flying Fudge, I see gonna play that way. Don't come on here dangling a carrot in front of everyone and not sharing like everyone else here does. Besides, I will find it somewhere else ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Oh, and not interested in the pi$$ water wine bottles either ;)
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Hey Fudge, how much is the wine per bottle? And is it decent to drink or better to put on the shelf? My sister was going to attempt to get me & my brother a set, but I don't think she knows they are only available in Australia.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Put on the shelf, DO NOT DRINK!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Hey BN, check the 'Wines' thread regarding how it tastes for your answer.
flying.fudge
Member #1,347

Nate - the bottles are AU$17 each - there are 4 types - Shiraz, Cab Sav, Moscato and Sav Blanc. The labels are You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell, Hells Bells and I can't remember the 4th one. Not sure if you can order them online from Australia or something, but I'm not drinking mine as it's going on the shelf as a collectible. It might be worth something in a few decades.... Good luck Shakedown Ice, I won't be sharing official stuff if that's what you're complaining about and if you really want to see the details, you can buy the book yourself!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@Flying Don't bother me, at least I share my finds and contribute them to Nate and not have an ego about greed ;)
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

calm down, ladies.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@BonScott Calmed down awhile ago, does not bother me. Some people share, others don't. I am a fan who likes to contribute and share with other memers here not with an "I got this, and I got that" attitude and have a big ego about it. What I do not understand is everyone is so concerned about "official" things being posted here, but tickets, articles, links, etc are all official things that BN and others posts here, so if you stop and think about it, these are official also. Besides, the material in Mark Evan's book is already available on the net, so I won't need to buy it. Nice pic of Mark with the band from '81, I do agree. Done posting and venting on this thread since I said my peace ;)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.