Forum

Forum

'Rock N' Roll Fantasy' Book

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Came across an article while doing my usual research for Nate's site on a lady named Susan Masino who wrote a book titled "Rock N Roll Fantasy: My Life + Times With AC/DC, Van Halen, Kiss..." which has some interesting material on her passion for music. Nice photos in here as you scroll down. http://books.google.com/books?id=KUtnB-11WCoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=rock+n+roll+fantasy&hl=en&ei=WSxlTvXzMIW_gQf_17moCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false Not sure if anyone saw this, book was published in 2003 so it is not too old. Thought I would share this with everyone here ;)
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I think there were a discussion here but it's being a while. Now since this is copyrighted material you better ask Nate if it's ok to post the link.I'm no party pooper and as you know i don't give a rats ass about other people copyrighted material but Nate had problems in the past so you better notify him.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I wish we could edit or delete things in our post since I would do that and PM Nate and if OK, add it back. Nate, feel free to delete link if you read this if this violates policy rules. I will PM you also. Sorry.
xxlivewirexx
Member #20,084

Num Posts: 53

Same lady that wrote Let There Be Rock. She's a really great lady.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Did not know she wrote LTBR, I heard of the book but never knew who wrote it. I read some of the comments on Amazon.com which the 'Rock N' Roll Fantasy' book can be purchased used for a low price, and it sounds like a great book by Susan. I will be getting this one indeed along with my pre-order copy of Mark Evans' 'Dirty Deeds' book ;)
xxlivewirexx
Member #20,084

Num Posts: 53

^ Let there be Rock comes with a 30min audio interview CD she did with the band in Wisconsin on December 4, 1977. It's really hilarious. They don't actually answer any of her questions they just more or less poke fun at her and themselves. It's for sure worth checking out if you're one of those people that feel that Cliff & Phil never speak in full band interviews because they certainly do in that one!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Do you have a link from youtube???I really want to hear it know
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Nevermind I found it, for those who want to hear it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPVlHxdNRI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL1E60CA1B0C251B26
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@XXLIVE Yeah, I have that audio on cd-r from BlackIceBoots and its hilarious! I did not know that was Susan doing the interview. The whole interview has them all laughing and teasing each other. More of a laid back interview which is cool.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Just got my copies of 'LTBR' + 'Rock N' Roll Fantasy' books by Susan Masino from Amazon.com the other day and 'LTBR' even came with the interview cd in perfect condition, looks like it was never played. I have the interview on cd-r, but now have the official released copy. Love these books, and am reading "LTBR" and halfway through it and must say very nice biography on the band as well as some photos I never saw before of her at Stone Hearth in Madison, WI. Anyone who wants some good reading on the band, pick these books up, for sure 'LTBR'. Thanks again to XXLiveWire for the recommendation of 'LTBR' ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

LTBR is a fantastic read, I really enjoyed it. Don't have Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy, although I've heard good things about it.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I love how journalist Jim Farber summed up "Fly On The Wall" album: "the album sounds like a horde of rabid dogs racing through a hall of razor blades, only catchier." How right he is and no words can better sum it up than his ;) * quote taken from Susan Masino's book "LTBR"

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.