Forum

Forum

How to test an audio file for being lossy?

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Exactly as title states, I have received an upgrade of a certain show that I helped leak a while back (if you know which one that is shhhhh ;) I want to test it and be 100% it's lossless before I try to spread it around to everyone. It sounds great and is much better than any other version out there. If anyone can tell me how or is willing to test a sample for me,then message me and I'll give you a clip to preview. *It's a soundboard without Malcolm :) I've said too much. haha -Cheers
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

Num Posts: 74

http://en.true-audio.com/Tau_Analyzer_-_CD_Authenticity_Detector this is a program being able to analyze the tracks (they must be burned on a cd) in the description it says : "Tau Analyzer is a free program, which can help you to distinguish with reasonable accuracy the original studio-based CDs from poor quality fakes, that have been "reconstructed" using a lossy audio source, such as MP3."
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I received the show on 2 CD's. I'll try that pumkin,thanks dude. *BrianJohnson888 is also testing a clip of the show for me.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Hmm, for some reason the program isn't working.... oh well, I'll just wait on Brian. lol
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

hmm, its working on my pc..could you send me a clip, too?
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

File has been tested. It's lossless!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Hell yes!!!! Well everyone,stay tuned for the Johnson City soundboard show with Stevie Young on Rhythm guitar in lossless flac!! Coming to you sometime this weekend, MAYBE tonight, Most likely tomorrow :)
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

hopefully tonight
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Cool, my neck of the woods (Johnson City) 20 minute drive away ;) Flick, can you PM me the show when it is finished? Thanks
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Thanks Brian for testing this and authenticating it. Great to see some talented individuals on this site ;)
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

Sounds good :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I know it will defintely be good since Flick does a great job on providing the best quality boots to everyone. I like what he did on the 'You Shook Me All Night Long' track used at the end of 'Maximum Overdrive' where he slowed it down and edited the original intro of the song into the one used from the film. 'Live In Eighty-Five' was another one I liked which Flick did a great job on improving the quality BIG time, so I am patiently awaiting to see how this one sounds. I know it will be better than the existing boot floating around there soundwise.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It's up man check out the thread!!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

:) :) :) Thanks again Flick and to the original mate from London for getting this to you.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.