Forum

Forum

Johnson City 1988 BUYV Soundboard With Stevie Young - Lossless Flac!! Quality Upgrade

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Here it is everyone!! You all remember back when I posted this show and how excited we were, only to be disappointed that it was in very poor quality 96Kbps mp3 which was barely listenable? Well, after a year or so of trying to contact the guy that has the master tape on youtube I finally got a hold of him and he re-transferred the show for me in LOSSLESS .wav!! The show arrived in the mail on 2 CD's last Friday, all the way from London. Huge thanks goes out to BrianJohnson888 and pumkin1991 for testing the show for me, confirming that it is truly lossless. The show was in 2 separate clips,so I went ahead and split the files for you guys. I also did a bit of a bass boost and equalizing to bring out Brian clear up Simon a tad. ___________________________________________________________ Set List: 01)Heatseeker 02)Shoot To Thrill 03)Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap 04)Back In Black 05)Who Made Who 06)Jailbreak 07)Hells Bells (Incomplete) 08)That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll (Tape Flip) 09)The Jack 10)You Shook Me All Night Long 11)High Voltage 12)Whole Lotta Rosie 13)Let There Be Rock ___________________________________________________ Lossless .wav http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCFH8519 ___________________________________________________ ENJOY EVERYONE!!!!!! I am happy to share this, been working forever to get it :) -Cheers
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

lol I don't know why I put Flac in the title....it's .wav Force of habit I suppose, I hardly ever use .wav
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

And not a minute too soon!!! I just posted a comment on this under the other thread. Yes!! Excited about this one since it hits personal because one of my best friends went to this, so now I can experience it in better quality than what was out there before. Thanks again Flick, downloading now ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Flick, will there be any artwork with this one? I know its probably asking too much since you had your hands full getting this one and uploading it, so just was curious. I like the artwork you did for the 'No Bull', 'Donington '91' and other boots when you "remastered the quality to perfection" which is why I ask. If not, just having this alone is a blessing ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Oh yes indeed I plan on artwork,I just wanted to hurry up and get the show out for listening.I know how much this stuff means to you guys,waiting sucks :D I couldn't keep it to myself any longer I just HAD to tell someone lol,I didn't have the patience to make the artwork,so I went ahead and posted. (I actually made artwork for the 96 Kbps version if you would like to see it) I will make new art soon front/back CD case like I did LIVE In Eighty FIVE.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

The design is based off a BUYV era ticket: Photobucket Photobucket
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Yeah, nice artwork there Flick. Just got done downloading the file and had to at least skim through the tracks since I could not wait until tomorrow to listen to it, and this is awesome!! Better quality than before, and with this boot featuring Steve on rhythm guitar, definitely a masterpiece ;) I will be making this one my personal BOTM and will enjoy the whole show tomorrow after work :) Kudos again Flick and can't wait for the updated artwork .
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Holy shit, I never heard this before, I knew it was out there, but never bothered... I feel like an idiot for not even thinking twice about it. Flick, this is an amazing show, and it's truly fantastic, but could you maybe look at That's The Way I Wanna RnR?? I downloaded it twice, and that's the only song that doesn't seem to want to play. Maybe the file is corrupted, but it's not letting me even look at the properties of the file... Something wrong with that particular file??
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Awesome shit, Flick. A great add to the collection!
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Cool! Downloading right now...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I'm uploading That's The Way for you right now Hells Death, Anyone else having that issue?
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

This show is fucking awesome! Well done flick =D
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks man! Here's That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll Hell's Death http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6DLOV1YT
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Thanks a lot Flick, great stuff!
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

Num Posts: 74

Thank you flick. its great to have this awesome bootleg in better quality
acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

Kudos to you for the excellent work on the bootleg and the tracking down of the source. Thanks to the original taper of course. Everyone keep on rockin' to AC/DC boots. Well Done!!! Scotty from Detroit (acdc74)
Mano
Member #429

Num Posts: 50

No issues with That's the Way... Thanks a lot, Flick!!
zoin
Member #13,328

Num Posts: 86

Thanks, Flick... great stuff!!!
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

thanks for the effort and for sharing this one
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

flick very good concert
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Great work tracking down and making public this great soundboard, Flick! I'm glad it was you and not nightprowler. He would have kept it to himself, used one of his companies to transfer it to "limited-edition" vinyl and tried to sell it to us for $45+. As a bootleg, you correctly issued it in the public domain from whence it came...
Cabezon
Member #20,942

Num Posts: 341

Thanks for shared it friend
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

sounds good. let's get some cover art.
twood10
Member #1,072

Num Posts: 47

Thanks for the upgrade Flick... appreciate it very much.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

Hey Flick! You're doin' fantastic job! Thank you very much for sharing and working on the bootlegs so far, hope to hear more from you soon !
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

Sounds nice. Thanks for this :)
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

I love how fast Back In Black was played on this tour :D
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

No problems with 'That's The Way' either the first time around Very nice job on this Flick! I cannot thank you enough on how much this one is an excellent addition to my collection and looking at all the posts here, your hard work getting from getting this from the original taper all the way to this forum is highly appreciated. I cannot believe the taper is from London, I thought it would have been from someone locally around in TN or the States! I also agree with RNRDamnation that shows like this should be shared and not transferred to a media source and sold to hardcore fans like myself. This is how you get the word out on some historical music to not only our generation, but to the next generation to keep rock living on and allowing new fans to emerge into this community. Again, nice job Flick and can't wait for the artwork to this one ;) Scott
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

Flick, It sounds Great..thanks for sharing
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Not a big boot collector but if it's soundboard then i keep em. Thanks for your effort.
acdc93ty
Member #19,616

Num Posts: 10

Thanks flick, great work!
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Thanks a lot Flick. Sorry for the bother, but that file works now. Dude, you're awesome, thanks so much!!!
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Thanks a lot Flick. Sorry for the bother, but that file works now. Dude, you're awesome, thanks so much!!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

No bother Hells Death, glad everything's sorted for you. Thanks a lot guys, very happy to help and share with you all!!! -Cheers :)
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

Thanks for tracking the owner down and getting a copy of a lossless transfer! Truly awesome when people do this for the community! Any chance of getting some kind of lineage on this one? Not to be a pain but I'm simply assuming it's a Master Tape to CD-R Transfer. Knowing the equipment the guy used would just be nice to know. But none the less, any Uncirculated, Lossless, Soundboard shows are kick ass in my books!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I don't know the lineage, however I will ask him the details though.
HighVoltage
Member #74

Num Posts: 164

hi flick! thanks so much, awesome!
IronAngus666
Member #22,730

Num Posts: 47

Thanks a lot for this one Flick! You always share awesome-killer-breaking-balls stuff!! Thanks Again!!
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Ok, after thanking you and stuff i still have to notify Sony dogs so you get arrested for possession of illegal material. :P
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It was worth it Sap 'ol pal :) I'll go down with Highway To Hell a blazing.
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

Num Posts: 15

wow... great quality and my fave song "Shoot To Thrill" sounds surprisingly good on vocals. i say that because a) it's 1988 and i kinda see that as the end of Brian's great vocals and b) it, from what i've heard live, is Brian's hardest song, or one of them, to nail the high notes. kudos. i love this. and the speed on "Shoot To Thrill" is manic. check this out if you haven't.
rogerriffin
Member #20,367

Num Posts: 11

Thank you very much for your great effort and patience, and of course for sharing this!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"and the speed on "Shoot To Thrill" is manic." I noticed that the audio of the whole concert is sped up due to tape problems most likely.
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Actually Shake, you'll notice that while it's fast, it's still all in pitch; a good way to tell is Brian. Not high pitched at all. Something tells me there was time constraints that night. Would explain the lack of FTATR, too.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ You are right. I went back and listened to some of the tracks and paid close attention to Brian, and it does seem to be in pitch. Thanks for clarifying this ;) Regarding the time constraints, I know before 'TTWIWRR' Brian asks security for some water for the front row, so maybe it was very hot and they were trying to end the show early because of this. Again, just my speculation. I really wish FTATR was played that night, awesome show regardless.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@Brian Actually Brian, they did play FTABTR that night. See the article I submitted in the 'Concert History' section for this show. It states they played this as their usual encore. Wonder why it was not recorded, tape problems?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Nothing to do with time constraints, Mark (guy I got it from) Vaguely mentioned to me last year when I was negotiating getting a copy (lol)that it had to do with the tape not having enough space to hold the entire show, so the end of the show wasn't taped.This is exactly as it was when Stevie gave it to him. I assume this show had the same setlist as the show right before it, which included For Those About To Rock, T.N.T., and Highway To Hell October 22, 1988 - Show right before this one's setlist: 1) Heatseeker 2) Shoot to Thrill 3) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap 4) Back in Black 5) Who Made Who 6) Jailbreak 7) Hells Bells 8) That's the Way I Wanna Rock and Roll 9) The Jack 10) You Shook Me All Night Long 11) High Voltage 12) Whole Lotta Rosie 13) Let There Be Rock 14) Highway To Hell 15) TNT 16) For Those About to Rock The tape running out would explain the the missing 3 songs at the end. As for the speed, it sounds like many other BUYV era boots I've listened too. Simon was a fast little fucker that tour,lol. I'm pretty sure the tape hasn't been affected, he really was that fast.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks Flick for clearing this up. I knew somehow the tape most likely was the reason why, whether it was damaged or not enough. In this case as you stated, it was not enough. Darn, missing 3 encore songs from a great show with Stevie. Oh well, will take what we got and enjoy ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Front Album Cover: http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/nitroass23/ACDCJohnsonCityartfront.png
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/nitroass23/ACDCJohnsonCityartfront.png[/IMG]
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Shit....let's try once more Photobucket lol sorry for the 3 posts guys, *Nate we really need an edit button :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Awesome job Flick!! This purely is beautiful and different than most of the other boots' artwork. Sort of has its own special meaning, if you know what I mean with the rising sun and Stevie's first show ;) Thanks again Flick!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment. I'm not certain this is Stevie's first show Shakedown, I just called it that cause I felt I should acknowledge the fact Malcolm was absent. "Hints the name Malcolm's Vacation on the other pic I made" Does anyone know when Stevie's first gig was, I assume somewhere in the middle of the tour?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Oops, I probably thought it was when you mentioned it. My mistake ;) Yeah, never really did give this a thought regarding when Stevie's very first show was. See how one learns things while going back to the memories of these shows and listening to them again?!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Flick, did a Google and came across an interesting bio on Stevie. Not sure how accurate, but it states when his very first live gig was with the Starfighters who opened for AC/DC during BIB tour. http://www.ac-dc.cc/perl/members.cgi?theme=bonfire&language=en&action=frame&itemid=stevie_young Actual first gig when he was a member of AC/DC was in Portland 88 (May 3), so guess this was his first show with the guys.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Yeah, Nate has it noted in the 'Concert History' section on the Portland gig where the band introduces Stevie confirming this.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Nice find man! Didn't know that, -Cheers :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^Thanks, I did not know either Can't wait for the back cover for this since the front is awesome ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Finally,after long delayed laziness on my part, I completed the rear cover. Photobucket lol Hope you all like, -Cheers
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Very nice Flick and thanks again for the wonderful artwork and boot of this great show ;)
Fred Bomber
Member #120

Num Posts: 5

I dwnld this. No artwork and the first 7 tracks are missing? Do I need a password? Is there a second link?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Artwork including front + back covers are posted above.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Hey Fred, No you should not need a password,I never bother with them as they are a hassle/pain in the ass. As for your problem, artwork was not included as it didn't exist when I uploaded the music. They are posted above as ShakeDownIce said. I do not know why the first 7 tracks are gone, I've had over 3 hundred others download it with no issues. I can upload those 7 for you I suppose.
Fred Bomber
Member #120

Num Posts: 5

Thanx, flickofthethunderdeeds Got the files. Sounds great! Salute You
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

nice back cover flick
abreact13
Member #25,386

Num Posts: 2

Download link does not work anymore, any chance of getting a new one?

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.