Forum

Forum

VIDEO FROM COUNTDOWN 1974 (Angus as zorro)

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

i found a video from the 1974 countdown show http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=2046 it is only 2 sec long but at least we know it exists
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

someone out there must have the full thing
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

Hi Jessie, yes it was me who posted it :) (cyckigoralki is my youtube) I have posted this also on acdcfans :) I was looking for this song for couple of years and found only 2 seconds
rhece6
Member #2,168

Cool to see that even a tiny snippet exists of this performance and it's in Colour, I was thinking it may have been in Black and White. I think that also a lot of people assumed that the very early Countdown performances were destroyed or taped over but recently with the closure of the old Gore Hill studio complex in Sydney, many of these tapes are being discovered. I think that's where the ABC got the Countdown promo with Bon saying "You're watching Countdown, Across Australia." Hopefully one day the full performance surfaces. Thanks for sharing!
fredperry
Member #23,408

Yea I hope that too...I it would be easier when living in Australia it is quite difficult to look for such things from Europe, but I'm doin my best and of course will share any findings....Bon on Countdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2VyGC9m9g it's really cool
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

@fredperry cool i just happend to see it while searching on youtube. lol where did you find it?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

@ Fred- nice Youtube clip and thanks, even if it is a short piece. It is fun to pause and play this where you can see Bon in still frame shots. Hopefully someday the full video will surface :) @ Jesse, thanks for posting this one ;)
fredperry
Member #23,408

Hello, I have it from a guy from Australia who is in contact with ABC people, he also has this 2 seconds only and is pretty sure the full version exist. There were about 10 ACDC performances on countdown between 1974 and early 1976
fredperry
Member #23,408

...and "zorro" performance was not the first ACDC performance in COuntdown there was one in November 1974...no photos or video exist in circulation

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.