Forum

Forum

AC/DC Exhibition. Kelvingrove art Gallery. Scotland.

ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

Went to this super exhibition today. It was exellent. Really enjoyed looking at Bon's personal effect's. His passport and his scarf ect. Also like'ed seeing the Super Ang costume. Anyone else been or going to this event ??...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Ros3, sounds fantastic and wish I could go there, unfortunately I live in the U.S. so no chance of that happening anytime soon. Did you take pics (which I assume you did), can you post them? Would be nice for those who cannot get the chance to see what items were all there.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Here is a nice vid I came across of this Exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyT2rKESuYU
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

Shakedown: its coming to seattle, wa. its going to the experience music thing by the space needle. I want to go but it's in april 28th, to september 23rd, 2012. so there is a big timeline to go visit it.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks very much for the info Ruddis, I did not know there would be one in the U.S. At least I can save some $$ for a trip to Seattle by then. I definitely want to see this and by judging from the Youtube vids I have seen, this will be one exhibition I do not want to miss ;)
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

It's only about a 5 hour drive to Seattle from where I live so you bet I'll be going next summer! Question though - Has the exhibit been changing at all or does it pretty much stay the same wherever it goes?
shmangus
Member #15,010

Num Posts: 65

ruddisgod667 - Do you live near Seattle? I live a ferry boat ride away from there. Just curious. I plan on going!
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

shmangus: no i dont. i used to, i lived in bothell for many years. But I live in Indiana right now. I plan on going sometime next year. btw, anyone who lives in the fort wayne area, I'm gonna start a hard rock band with the flavor of AC/DC so if you are interested, hit me up.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Shmangus + Ruddis, Would be cool to have some sort of fan meet somewhere near the exhibition next year for those who are going. Great way to meet and see faces of those on the forum here ;) I know I am planning on going, saving up money now. I do not want to miss this exhibition.
AngusIsTheGodOfRock
Member #25,496

Num Posts: 9

I live in the Seattle area and I hopefully will plan to go to the exhibit at the EMP next year. We should have a fan meet sometime during the exhibit's timeline, maybe inside the place. I wonder if Nate will plan to attend...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Eric, you definitely are lucky since the exhibition will be in your neck of the woods. I know I will snap some photos and share for those who cannot attend being this is something I do not want to miss. Hopefully I get the chance to meet some of the members from here, I will buy the first round ;)
ros3
Member #23,267

The exhibition is really cool. Lots of personal items belonging to the band and lot's of other stuff. Sadly though for me there were none of Brian's bunnet's which i thought was a great shame. Also no photography is aloud so i cant post any pictures. But if you get a chance to go then you should it's a great day out
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I find that hard to believe regarding no photography allowed. That won't deter me since if I am going to spend money on hotel, food, and travel to Seattle, you be damned I will take photos on a disposable camera at least this way if it gets confiscated, no big loss. So look for photos from the exhibition from me next year at this time ;)
ros3
Member #23,267

Yeah mate. A total disgrace. I tryed to take pictures and was approached and told in no uncertain terms to put my camera away or it would be confiscated. My wife who was with me tryed to take some pictures with her phone and was told the same. It was a real disapointment because once the exhibit is gone it's unlikely an opertunity to get a snap of some of this stuff will come round again. A lot of people there were very upset about it. And for the life of me i cant understand why we couldent take some pictures ??..
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Huh, oh well, sounds like security must be tight there so that sucks. I know I have seen photos show up on the Internet, so some few got lucky I guess unless they had a gold pass ;) I just wanted some pics as a momento of Bon's years in the band and like you said, something like this does not come around often so the opportunity to have some photos of an exhibition like this which one can share with future generations to enjoy and keep rock alive is something well worth archiving using photos. I am a daredevil and will tempt fate , but probably will be wasting $5 on a disposable camera :(
ros3
Member #23,267

Go for it mate. I checked with my wife and the guard who approached her said that the event organisers had requested no photography. And in his opinion it was daft because people always want to take pictures at these sort of things. But i intend to go back to the event at least another 6 times and i intend to sanp some more sneaky pictures ha ha ha...
AngusIsTheGodOfRock
Member #25,496

Num Posts: 9

ros3: A shame you can't take pics. I bet the rules are different over there then here in Seattle, where non-flash photography is allowed at the EMP. Not sure if the no-photos rule will still apply when the 'DC exhibit comes here in late April. I'm gonna take photos either way because I'm very risky when it comes to photography :P
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"I'm gonna take photos either way because I'm very risky when it comes to photography " Me too which is why I will buy a couple of disposable cameras just in case. I am sure next year at this time there will be a thread with links to Photobucket or other sites of those who went and took photos on here ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"But i intend to go back to the event at least another 6 times and i intend to sanp some more sneaky pictures ha ha ha... " I will be disguised as a member from Sony with a badge hanging around my neck which identifies me as Sapator: King Of Sapila ;) This definitely will give me secret access and to take sneaky pics.
ros3
Member #23,267

I really wanted some pick's for my album's. So next time i will be takeing lots of sneaky snap's and if they try to throw me out i will just run away Ha Ha.. I will then return on a different day and snap some more. Also there is a wicked shop with lot's of cool merchandise for those who are interested.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Is there any fee or charge to get in, or is this a free exhibition?
ros3
Member #23,267

Well over here it's only £2 to get in. Bargain really. Dont know what it wil cost in your neck of the wood's though.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Yeah, if there is a fee I would only think around $5 or $10 the most here in the U.S. to get in, but whatever it is it most likely is worth the fee since it does cost money to bring this to different parts of the world and surely enjoyed by fans and those involved in one of rock history's influencial bands.
ros3
Member #23,267

To be honest i would have paid a lot more for entry. I thought is was really well priced.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I agree ;)
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

I'm jealous....
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Keep your eyes open for the October newsletter. I've got something you guys will enjoy seeing. I'm hoping to have it sent out this weekend, but I've got a lot of work to do before I even get to the newsletter so we'll see. I'll do my best to get it out quickly.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

:D
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Nate, you have my attention... ;)
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

WHAT IS IT!!!!!!????EXCLUSIVE AC/DC CONCERT TICKETS!!!??!?!?!?!?!?PLEASE BE THAT,PLEASE!!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ LOL!! Calm down Angus!!!
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Sorry guys, nothing over the top like concert tickets. One of the Riff Raff was able to get some great pictures from the Glasgow Exhibition and was kind enough to share them: Photos from the AC/DC Exhibition in Glasgow, Scotland by paulr - Sep 28, 2011 You can now access them from the Specials section.
ros3
Member #23,267

Yeah he got some nice pictures there. Im going to try and get some when i go again next month..
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Nate, Wow, this is what I was thinking to myself after you posted this here yeasterday: "I bet Nate will post some pics someone took from the exhibition"!! Lo and behold, my inkling was right!! Thanks Nate for posting the pics. I hopefully will try and get some next year when I go ;)
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

woah, those letters we're cool to read.It seems like the band never stopped from Bon's letters and it was getting to him.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Weren't they?!! I really liked reading them and it is nice to see what Bon's thoughts were with everything going on his life back then.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

yea, it seemed like he wanted a longer break from what I read in one of the letters but they could never take one, they would take 6 days and then go off to Europe again or something like that. Lol, now I see why they take 6 years off now-a-days.The music industry is tough but I'm going to give it a go when I reach 21.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ LOL! it does seem tough just like you said, but if you stick at it and give it everything you have, you will be fine. I personally like your performances and vids, so I think you will succeed. Just do't give up man!!
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Btw Shakedown if you are disguised like me they will probably try to kick your arse.I have parted roads with those f$ckers way long and i don't intend to re-unite.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Thanks Shakedown, I'm going to try my best and I just need to find 3 or 4 guys who want to do the same and form a rock n roll band, none of this metal with double bass that is overdone and crap singing. @sapator, lol what did you do?
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

AngusRudd. I'm not a very nice boy when i get mad.Anyway fuk em.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

lol, I can tell just by reading your posts on the board

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.