Forum

Forum

"Maximum Overdrive" COMPLETE dvd audio rip

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I have good news and bad news on this rip. The good news is I was able to rip the files from the "Maximum Overdrive" dvd and sent them to Flick who edited the effects and dialogue from the tracks and also sent me a sample which rocks!! Now the bad news, have not heard from Flick since last Sunday night and have sent numerous PMs, so Flick if you are on here, please PM me. I am sure everyone here is anxious for the COMPLETE "Maximum Overdrive" dvd audio rip. I hope you are OK and no Sony aliens have snatched you and sent you above ;) Scott
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I"m alive ! lol Sorry man, had some computer issues..... BUT All is well now,and the rip is done, just needs to be uploaded :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

WHEW!!! Hey Flick, thanks and glad you are OK!! I got a little worried after things went quiet after Sunday thinking something important came up, but glad nothing major besides technical problems. Can't wait for this awesome rip and thanks again for editing and putting the "F(lick)inishing" touches on the tracks!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Still no upload? Come on Flick we all want to hear it!! I know usually you are quick to post your "remixes" or "edits" on past boots, so what is up? In your previous post here and in a reply to my last pM you stated the "rip IS ready", so I really need to know if we will bge seeing this soon? I do not want to sound like an a$$, but I took time to download the dvd rips AND upload each file to Megaupload which was time consuming forme as well. I know you committed to this, so hate to put you on the spot but really need to know if you will follow through with this? Thanks Scott
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Ahh but if you take some time to deliver you look cooler :P
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ No you don't, you look more like a liar when you don't follow through. Besides, he had more than enough time on this and he even mentioned to me he has a lot of free time now. Do I need to post the messages he sent to me here for all to see regarding he has it done and how many times he promised to post it?. I will not since these are PMs and another member here was gracious enough to send me the files in which he ripped on his own freewill, so I thank this individual for doing this. Now I will need to find someone to remove or reduce the sound effects and dialogue, and I will have the complete boot to share with everyone else. I will work on this on my own and at least will follow through my word unlike Mr. Flick. Thank you Scott
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

I know as well as anyone that sometimes you just get busy and can't follow through when you thought you could. I've been working on a redesign of this site for almost a year now (and promising a redesign for nearly twice that long), and have yet to finish about 25% of the site. I wouldn't lose faith in Flick. Hopefully he'll come through in the end.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I was actually joking but you should listen what Nate says. Personally i get really pissed when someone demand me to deliver something in due time that i don't get paid for and doing it with my own good will. Flick never showed a sample of irresponsibility so i think he will deliver.Of course if not i will provide the tar and Nate the feathers and you can light the torch putting him on fire and jump around screaming Indian Ancient Hymns.I think that would be sufficient punishment. Ah and then you must bury him beside Bon Scott's grave, you lucky you Flick!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks for mentioning the SAMPLES I sent you, proving I do indeed have it ripped. _____________________________________________________ My apologies, however life is unpredictable (you know I DO have a life outside of this place,and I'll be damned If I put here before people in my life, as much as I love AC/DC) I got tangled up with the family/friends, and computer woes which delayed my upload. But I don't have to explain myself, shit happens....What can ya do? ______________________________________________________ Anyways, I am currently uploading the first part. There are 23 tracks in total, I am uploading 2 Volumes. Volume 1 - Reduced Dialogue,made using the 5.1 audio mix This worked really well for some of the riffing between Cliff and Simon , and the little instrumentals, however on a few of the full tracks it seems to have removed the vocals to almost non audible state and and quieted Angus's solos in certain areas. Which is why, I am doing 2 versions, Volume 2 - Straight Stereo Rip The other will be a straight rip much like the ones around with the movie stuff included, in order to keep the vocals on Who Made Who/Hells Bells/You Shook Me/ and a few others. I'll do some tweaking like I usually do,to try and make them the best as possible. _______________________________________________ For the record.... I've not lied to anyone on here,and don't intend to start,ask anyone one here who's asked or wanted help, I've pretty much done what I said I would. _____________________________________________________ Unrelated note" -I still owe someone here a multi track rip from No Bull or Donington of Hells Bells, but I can't remember for the life of me who it was, if you're reading this send me a PM so I can clear that up for you. lol ________________________________________________________ I'm sorry I've "disappointed you" Shakedown as you said in the PM, however, I am still following through with my part, late or not. Be happy that it's getting done at all dude,especially considering you almost payed for it. -Cheers as always,it'll be uploading all night, the link will be up most likely in the morning before I leave the house, which is about 7:30. So expect it folks.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I'm excited for these, and fully understand that you have had technical issues and acquisition issues... On a somewhat related note, I don't get the hate on Maximum Overdrive...it's a good b-movie (not King's best work...but not the worst movie I've seen). I fully intend on buying a copy of the movie on DVD at some point in the future...it's just a good movie. It happens to have AC/DC in it...which makes it better.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Flick, thanks and don't forget YOU are the one who offered to do this AND I also helped out on this, so no guilt trip will be accepted by me. Let's just leave it at that.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Just for the record ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Firstly, yes Indeed you helped, did I ever state that you didn't? I ALWAYS give credit to those that help me with anything. Obviously you had the DVD and I couldn't have done it with out you ripping it, no need to be an ass and make all these comments. Cause I didn't get it fast enough,hell I've hooked you up with how many boots? LIVE In Eighty FIVE Johnson City and probably some of my other DVD rips, you knew I was good for it,but you have to come on here and try to make something out of nothing, very immature on your part. Trust me I appreciate your help, but you need some patience. But enough is enough, the important thing is that the music is getting shared to everyone.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Sent you a PM regarding this and have learned not to be so pushy, just got burned in the past by someone on another soundtrack forum years ago where a guy wanted dvd files ripped, but when I sent them to him I never heard from him again. Guess I should not put everyone in the same basket since there are those like yourself who come through. Thanks again and I apologize to the AC/DC-Bootlegs.com community for being pushy on a member who has delivered many boots before. I must say it feels great to work with Flick on this and give back to the fans who have wanted this soundtrack for years, even if there are some audible effects still in the tracks, but to eliminate them 100% is sometimes very hard, so Flick you did good on this one. I have no regrets and if I had to do it again, I definitely would ask Flick for assistance, that is if he feels the same which if not I would understand. Like I said before, learned my lesson, and time to move on and enjoy this wonderful composition Flick + I put together. Enjoy everyine ;) Scott
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

We cool, man, we cool. lol

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.