Forum

Forum

ACDC October 22, 1988 Lexington, Ky (Aud) FLAC

musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

ACDC October 22, 1988 Lexington, Ky (Aud) FLAC Once again I'm offering up a show that is not only not in circulation but is also a show that is not listed on the ac/dc bootleg site database! And this is one of the best shows performance wise by Angus that I have recorded...he is on fire! I had forgotten how good this tape sounds as Rupp Arena is one huge place to play but the sound is clear and crisp and the crowd is in fine form.....there is that "vibe" that tells you it is one of those rare performances that could be one of the best of the "Blow Up Your Video" tour! This was my 4th & last show of this tour and you can hear after the show ended how knocked out I was by this gig! If the show the next night in Johnson City, TN wasn't sold out I would have went to that show too! If there is one show you need to get from the 1988 tour then this is it! AC/DC 1988-10-22 Rupp Arena Lexington KY Taped by Jerry B aka "The Govner" Sony D-3 Walkman Pro > Realistic Stereo Electret Microphone > Maxell XLII-S 90 > Philips 200CDR > CDR >EAC > Flac Brian Johnson vocals Angus Young lead guitar Stevie Young rythym Guitar Cliff Williams bass Simon Wright drums Disc 1 Track01 Heatseeker Track02 Shoot To Thrill Track03 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Track04 Back In Black Track05 Who Made Who Track06 Jailbreak Track07 Hells Bells (flip) Disc 2 Track01 That's The way (I Wanna Rock N' Roll) Track02 The Jack Track03 You Shook Me All Night Long Track04 High Voltage Track05 Whole Lotta Rosie (flip) Track06 Let There Be Rock Track07 Highway To Hell.flac Track08 T.N.T. Track09 For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) Downloaded on dime from The Govner in Jan. 2007 many thanks for this Killer Show ! ---------------------------------------- zep59 notes: 9/23/2011 files tested/checked files re-named and re-encoded to flac lvl8 my notes flac 1.2.1 Count : 157 Count of stream of this kind : 1 Kind of stream : Audio Stream identifier : 0 Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec Format/Url : http://flac.sourceforge.net/ Commercial name : FLAC Album : Rupp arena lexington ky 1988-10-22 Performer : Ac/dc Genre : Hard rock Recorded date : 1988 Bit rate : 880 Kbps Channel(s) : 2 channels Bit rate mode : VBR Bit rate mode : Variable Sampling rate : 44100 Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz Resolution : 16 Resolution : 16 bits Bit depth : 16 Bit depth : 16 bits ---------------------------- Thanks Jerry B for taping and sharing i got it from also in 2007 but it was .wav Download link:ACDC October 22, 1988 Lexington, Ky (Aud) FLAC
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks bud for this show ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

yw shakedown :) would you be interested in making artwork shakedown
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Sure, won't be anything professional but I can do a front cover at least. Will work on it tonight and post tomorrow hopefully ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

sure shakedown . another good sounding stevie show
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

It seems a bit fast...am I alone? Sounds good, but I just can't imagine AC/DC doing Shoot To Thrill that fast...and it sounds a bit better when I use the "Change Speed" filter in Audacity to slow it down -7.5%.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ It seems a little fast as you said which sometimes is common with taped concerts. If you listen to Brian singing, his voice seems a little higher and sped up also, which sometimes in the case with other gigs which seem fast instrument wise, but vocal wise it seems to be normal, so not sure if this one is a little faster due to the media it was recorded on.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

Any other download link? File is not working any more :(
abreact13
Member #25,386

Num Posts: 2

^^another link please?
YURA_HIGHVOLTAGE
Member #24,975

Num Posts: 77

Link to MEGAUPLOAD is DEAD! please, make new link!!!
Mcollins180
Member #26,089

Num Posts: 1

Anyone have a new link to this? I would really appreciate it!

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ PM sent dude

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.