Forum

Forum

A Song that deals with being relaxed

AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Can anyone think of an AC/DC song that deals with being relaxed???I have to write an essay has compares relaxation to something. I would like to do an AC/DC song, can anyone think of one?
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

Maybe not AC/DC, You could do Ozzy Osbourne's 'Over The Mountain'. It deals with Astral projection. You have to pretty relaxed to do that (and probably be on Acid?)
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

Ride on
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

Rock in Peace
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Given the Dog a Bone i'm usually pretty relaxed when i give my dog a bone......
acdc93ty
Member #19,616

Num Posts: 10

I would say gone shootin'
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Whiskey on the Rocks
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

There is really only one that fits the phrase "relaxed": Ride On
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Although for me ALL songs by AC/DC relaxe me ;)
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

how 'bout love song
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Gone Shootin' for sure. Although, if I'm honest, I relax to any 'DC (besides Love Song and Anything Goes...) lol
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

How can someone be relaxed over AC/DC songs?I don't get it.I can relax with a ballad or something but not with Hard Rock.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I don't know sapator, I kinda relax while listening to AC/DC. Just bob my head and do some air drums, bass, and guitar and tap my feet. I think I'm going with Gone Shootin'
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

What I'm getting across sap, is AC/DC (and most classic rock in general) Just make me "feel good". I can blast Spellbound,Hells Bells,Ride On,Gone Shootin' or any other a number of 'DC tunes and just feel better. I'm not saying I turn down the lights,close the shades,lie down on a sofa and light in-scents, lol..... Just than I can relax/calm down to some kick ass riffs. Blues does the same as well, music is the best medicine. If ya get what I mean, Not tryin' to be philosophical....lol
sapator
Member #210

Ah, ok then.Well i pictured relaxing on what flick said, with closed shades and a glass of wine or something and i said WTF?You know.The "other" relaxing is better i guess.With that relaxing someone can punch people or break down windows or start riots.I prefer that kind of relaxing :P .We do a lot or that relaxing in Greece lately.Yep nothing more relaxing that skin our politician alive and burn the parliament down.Ahhh good ol' relaxing!..Err of course with AC/DC music on the background else it would be a proper relaxation.
sapator
Member #210

wouldn't be a proper relaxation.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Haha yeah, Relax and Hell Raise aren't too far off in this case I suppose :D
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Yeah, I like AngusRudd's version of relaxation, sort of what I do along with cranking the volume knob up as loud as my walls and pictures will allow, cracking open a cold beer, and 'Breaking All The Rules' ;)
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

maybe Rock N Roll Dream...? I agree with Gone Shootin' from a musical perspective (love that song), but isn't it about some chick who overdosed on heroin?
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Lol at SGthunder33, yes it is but I described in the musical aspect rather than lyrically. How the music is laid back and the band doesn't really attack with this one like they do on every other song
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

If you want relaxed, close your eyes and contemplate the universe with this:
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

@AngusRudd yeah that's what got me hooked on that song too. I enjoy listening to the live version as well but I feel like when they did it live it was always slightly too fast. I just love the whole Powerage album in general though. When it comes to listening to an AC/DC album all the way through it doesn't get much better than that. It has the best blues vibe out of any of them. I also think that the lack of commercial hits makes it so special in the eyes of the true AC/DC fans; anyone can talk about Highway to Hell or Back In Black but Powerage, that's something only people like us can truly discuss and appreciate inside and out. From the Brian-era albums I've always related Ballbreaker to Powerage, but I think that when the next album comes out (hopefully there is one) it'll have a much closer Powerage-feel to it. Brian's an excellent blues singer, and with the way his voice is now compared to the 80s I think the band might capitalize on that for more songs than they did on Black Ice.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I agree man, Powerage is my favorite album...Riff Raff, Sin City, Kicked In The Teeth, DOWN PAYMENT BLUES!!!It's just pure power and loud marshall's, plus Bon's lyrics are outstanding. I also have a good feeling about the next album because Brian mentioned how much he liked Powerage on That Metal Show, so maybe they will shoot for doing something like it.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.