Forum

Forum

Last of the Give Away's for December

BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Hi folks Well, I had a 'secret' give-away that was claimed yesterday. I made a post in the classifieds for an extra copy of an interview disc I had. It took about 24 hours, but it was claimed by willis. Just wanted to throw it out there and see who would see it first. I've got 2 discs remaining that need a home. Up for grabs are 2 unopened copies of the 3 song Plug Me In Bonus CD, only available at Best Buy (if I remember correctly). I bought a number of these cd's when they were available and these are the last 2 that I haven't given away yet. For more info on this single, please click here. Now for the competition: Please post what Christmas means to you. Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, write about what this holiday season means to you. It does not have to be AC/DC related. You can talk about your family, your friends, your dog, your car, your neighbor's mailbox, movie's that get you in the holiday season, whatever. Just reply to this post with what Christmas/this holiday season means to you. Rules: 1 post per person that will be considered for winning. Feel free to comment on other people's posts. You have until 11:59pm on Monday, December 19, 2011 to reply. I will read through and choose my favorite 2 replies and they will win the cd's. Post about whatever you want, but please keep it clean. I will pick the winners based purely on what you write, so if you want to win put some thought into it. It can be happy, sad, sappy, funny, it's up to you. I just want to see what this time of year makes you guys feel like. Good Luck!
Bernat
Member #22,264

Num Posts: 46

Merry Christams to all AC/DC Fans and my best whishes for 2012!
Bernat
Member #22,264

Num Posts: 46

Sorry, Merry Christmas! Lol!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks for the competition post Nate and Merry Christmas to all riff raff celebrating!!
zoin
Member #13,328

Num Posts: 86

Hi Nate, thanks for the competition. I will try to describe what christmas means to me: As for many other people, for me christmas is the time to take a little break from work. And I'm very happy bout that, because we had lots of work in the past weeks. I'm working in an intensive care unit, and in the winter months people tend to get pneumonias and other stuff more easily. I love being together with my family at the holiday season, and we have some special "event" at december 24th besides christmas. Only 2 of my children are physical (is this the right word?) - our 3rd child is born in Haiti, and we adopted her 3 years ago. Her mother wasn't able to raise her, so she gave her to a children's home. The mother (Adeline) was born on december 24th, so every year at this day we burn a candle for her, because we don't know if she still lives after the big earthquake last year. Unfortunately we never met her and have no contact or information, this means we only can hope she is still in good health. So this why christmas is a special day for us... I wish you all happy christmas and a very happy new year. Cheers, Zoin
talaiot
Member #412

Num Posts: 7

Hi everybody! Christmas is a happy time for the majority part of the people, but for me is also a sad and reflexing time thinking about lost close people, thinking in all the money spent these days when there are a lot of people who haven't got money just for eat, thinking in all the money lost by our governmets, but anyway, is also a time to be with the family and to eat the great meals of my mother and my mother in law! I wish you a happy new year!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Wow, some very heartfelt stories here, love them all guys and can relate as well. What Christmas means to me is many things, although the most important aspect is truly deep to my heart which is helping those less fortunate and spending the holidays with my lovely wife and daughters. My parents were divorced when I was young, so I grew up very poor and had to wear jeans and clothes which sometimes fit tight and looked like I was treading water. I was tossed back and forth between my parents, and had to attend a different school during my 6th gradfe, so I lost all my close friends I had and had to start over making new ones. I became attached to my grandparents who cared for me and my younger brother when my dad was at work at the time we were living with him. After my grandpa passed on, my grandma's health deteriorated until she passed some 10 years later. To this day, I have learned to not take things for granted and do not want my kids to have a life that i did, so I do everything I can to be a loving father and husband and with a family of my own, I can make new traditions and memories while keeping some positive memories of my past alive as well. The music of AC/DC has kept me strong and touches me personally since as I was growing up, I listened to them to keep my spirits and feelings in check and take my mind off of the bad things that were going on. Now, they are my favorite band because of the bond that has tied their music with my life. It is great to share these memories and new experiences with everyone here, and love this site and thank Nate and everyone for contributing (I know, I keep stating this and some are probably sick of me thanking all the time, but I truly mean this) and sharing anything AC/DC related. So on these holidays, I try and help those less fortunate than myself even though I do not have much due to the economic times that are on all of us. I know there is always someone else in this world who is worse off than me, so I either contribute through a charity, or will pay for someone's purchase if they are short at a store. Just the other day while I was doing clothes at the laundromat because my washer was broke, I gave a little girl and her sister 50 cents each to play a pinball game or buy a snack, wishing them a Merry Christmas. They ran to their mom jumping up and down as if I gave them an unopened, mint condition, uncirculated, AC/DC vinyl bootleg, er, going off on a tangent, sorry... and were excited with joy. Now, y oldest daughter who is 10, will go by the red Salvation Army kettles and drop a dollar in from her allowance which is very heartwarming to see. I did tell her I could have given her the dollar instead of her taking it out of her allowance, but her response was 'its the right thing to do dad'. THAT is what Chrstmas means to me seeing giving by those who have a hard time giving the way it is, and passing on this tradition to a future generation such as our children. Merry Christmas everyone and hope you guys all have a safe and memorable holiday season ;)
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Hi everyone, Christmas is my favorite time of year. There's just something about the uplifting spirit, the little joys all around, and the things you wait a whole year for that make me happy every Christmas. I love to go through all those boxes and find every ornament, every decoration, and all the other things that just fill me with happiness and memories. I spend this time with my family and friends, and I can't help every year when I get to get everyone something special that I can call their present. I also enjoy most spending time sitting with the closest person in my life and just enjoying this calm peaceful time to enjoy everything; from visiting family, to my pets, and enjoying the elegant music that is so special. Spending time with my family watching all those classic Christmas movies, and then waking up on that morning to the smell of fresh pine in my living room. I enjoy waking up and seeing my family open their gifts. Christmas to me is about family and spending it with them so closely and not worrying about anything, just being there for them. I enjoyed everyone elses' stories as well; I probably won't be back on for a while because I'm spending the holidays with my family in New York. Happy Holiday to everyone on here and have a Happy New Year! :)
PSW3141
Member #3,722

Num Posts: 61

X-Mas is the time to get new AC/DC stuff, isn't it ? ;-)
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

I never was a very good writer of essays, so I'll make this quick. Christmas, for me, is a time where I win competitions and receive CDs over the internet. Yeah, that sounds good to me.
Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

Please post what Christmas means to you To me, Christmas means the opportunity for us all to have an extended break from work and the stresses of life, and sitting down and relaxing with family and friends. An opportunity to sit down people that are close to you over Christmas lunch is always a good laugh and a lot of fun. Since I live Down Under, it's summer, which means cricket! Getting the family out in the backyard after Christmas lunch in the heat of the sun is always great fun too! Christmas is all about giving, but also receiving, and the last time that I haven't received anything AC/DC for Christmas was a long time ago! And, of course, lastly, it has become a tradition for the whole house to be woken up to MISTRESS FOR CHRISTMAS each December 25 morning! Merry Christmas to you all \m/
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

So who won the Christmas competition Nate?
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Finally got around to picking the winners. I apologize for the delay. It seemed like every time I sat down to look them over something came up and I got side tracked. Anyways, the winners of the 'What Christmas Means to You' competition are ShakeDownIce and Hells Death. There were a number of great entries, but these 2 hit closest to home with me. Also, the winner of the DVD Give-Away for the month is acdc93ty. He entered 24 out of a possible 24 times, meaning he entered every single day he could. There were also 823 entries this month, making that the most entries in a long, long time. Normally there are only 200-300 each month. I actually have everything packaged so they will be sent out today over my lunch break. So with the new year starting on Sunday, that's it for this month. I apologize for not getting another concert posted. Things got crazy with Christmas around my house and my time was very limited. I do have it ripped and ready to upload, so hopefully January will come in with a BOTM on time. I think the next newsletter will be February, dedicated to Bon, as always. Until then, Happy New Year!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Happy new Year Nate and cool, I won something!! Thanks again to posting the Christmas competition and I liked everyone's posts regarding their Christmas tradition and likes. Congrats to HellsDeath on winning also. Wishing all the riff raff here a safe + Happy New Year!!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.