Forum

Forum

Another Hell's Belles show I went to last night...

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

The night was fantastic! Here is some good news and some bad news... Good news: The ladies played a handful of good shit, and including some surprises. Fore example, they opened the show with one of the new AC/DC songs, "Rock 'N' Roll Train." That song took me a minute to figure out. Afterwards, the girls played a variety of well-known songs, including "Thunderstruck," "Back in Black" and even "Night Prowler." Near the end they even played "Big Balls." Overall, the show was excellent, and I plan to go see HB again the next time they come back to Spokane. Bad news: I was trying to film the band with a friend's camera I borrowed, when about 40 seconds in, before the band started playing, a venue staff guy stands next to me and asks "Did they give you permission to videotape?" Not risking to get the camera taken away, I told him "No, sir" and closed the camera and put it back in my pocket. I never took it out again afterward. This was kinda odd, since I filmed the girls at the last five gigs in Spokane, I was sorta wondering how long it would take the venue staff to realize I had been filming the band during each previous gig. Probably the camera I was using then looked like a phone but not a phone, and the camera I used at last night's show looked like an average videocamera. Either way, it was kinda stupid. Well, that's my story. What do you guys think?
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Awesome that the show rocked I'm seeing them in January when they come to Eugene. But yeah I know what you mean I get stopped all the time by venue staff no matter what concert I'm at. Why don't they want us filming? I mean all I'm using is my little digital pocket camera, nothing professional by any means! The only reason I film various parts is so I can have something on my computer to remember that show a little better after a couple years down the road. I feel like most bands would want a lot of their stuff on youtube an places like that for better promotion don't ya think?
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

If you're familiar with bands that have done AC/DC in non-AC/DC means, Hayseed Dixie, on their official website, actually ENCOURAGES the recording of their shows: http://hayseed-dixie.com/Taping%20Policy.html Granted their own website doesn't take things very seriously in it's presentation, the website and band's statements in the past have been good enough to allow Archive.org to allow their live recordings on their site...and they have a very strict policy about the stuff they allow. That being said, bands (or the band's management, not the label...the management or the band itself) should, in at least one paragraph, explicitly state on their site whether or not they are okay with live recording of their shows.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I recently saw Hells Bells (male tribute band not to be confused with the female band) and cameras, camcorders, etc. were rolling and security walked right by without saying anything. Hell, there was one guy who set up a tripod for his pocket recorder which he got the whole concert taped. I think it boils down to exactly as what travishayes89 said above andthat it is up to the band and their management.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.