Forum

Forum

'Buzz Off' bootleg

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I came across this interesting Test Press lp of a boot called "Buzz Off" and was very interested in getting this, unfortunately on this one it has been sold already. http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=250745799046 I have gotten my end of year "bonus" check from work and would like to purchase this from anyone out there who may have this, even though I know it is very rare since there are only 30 copies that were made. Sap (or anyone else who knows), is this a legit boot and if so, is this price a fair price for something of this? I know test press lps are costly, but want to make sure I am not going to be ripped off and need advice as far as how much max to spend and if what to look for regarding fakes from authentics. I love the artwork and tracks on this one from London 86 and Edinburgh 86 which determines which boots I want to get. I normally do not collect vinyl boots, but in this case definitely like to add this to my collection of boots ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Regarding asking if this is legit which I know this boot is, I meant is the one in the photo from the link the legit copy to look for? Thanks
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Sorry man i don't know about LP's.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

No problem Sap ;)
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

Yes, the one shown in the photo is a picture of 1 of the 30 test pressings made of this title (Buzz Off). Usually when these are sold only one photo is taken and the # is changed in the description to match the one that is up for bids. As far as the price goes, in collecting, the value of an item is usually what the buyer is willing to pay, sometimes that means paying more than what it's worth in order to obtain the rare item.
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

I might mention one other thing, ShakedownIce, and that is, the auction you came across took place on December 20, 2010. This is as you put it a "legit bootleg."
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@meanstreak64 Thanks much for the info, and yeah I did notice this was an auction back in 2010. I tried to find a large enough photo of it to show riff raff here to give them an idea which one I wanted to purchase. I was somewhat confident that it was a legit one since it went for over $300, but with so many good fakes out there, it sometimes is hard to tell the difference unless you know your stuff. Thanks again and hopefully one will turn up for sale again someday ;)
sapator
Member #210

I would go for authentic company LP's anyday instead of boot. So if for example i rip the sound of my AC/DC Athens gig and make an LP of 5 copies available then that will make it super rare and it should go to price up to 1000$ ?I never got that authentic bootleg stuff(probably should stop cuz i may ruin some old pal's auctions, lol) . If you are willing to spend 300$ may i suggest to spend them on company LP's.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

.....bring on the Athens show!
sapator
Member #210

No, i'm sabotaging them from 2008 and forth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE&ob=av2e
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

ok
sapator
Member #210

Sorry but it's non negotiable.Rock on.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I want to thank Nightprowler1226 here for confirming the legitimacy of this boot, I managed to grab one of the vinyl copies on Ebay instead of the Test Pressing since they are harder to come by and more pricier. http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-BUZZ-OFF-RARE-148-300-WORLDWIDE-BLUE-VINYL-NM-/220920011133?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item336fdbd97d Thanks to everyone for the feedback, especially to NP who knows his stuff ;)
RiffRaff77
Member #19,440

Num Posts: 2

A question regarding this LP: the sleeve says it's Edinburgh 1986 (first song on the record) and Wembley 1986 (all other songs). Now these Wembley tracks sound to me like it'a a recording from 1988 (AC/DC did not perform High Voltage in 1986 which is included on this LP). I already compared this to the Muscles & Missiles double LP which is definetly different. Has anyone an idea which Wembley concert from 1988 this might be ?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^RiffRaff, most likely this is a misprint as I have seen some boots labelled wrong before, so it most likely is from the 88 gig as you stated, with the exception of the bonus track (Fly) which is most likely from the Edinburgh 86 concert which is the only correctly labelled track evidently. I do not have the vinyl in my hands yet, so I cannot listen to it to see which gig the other tracks are from.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Just purchased the Test Press of this also for $300 (ouch!!) so now I will be getting this and the blue vinyl copy of 'Buzz Off'. Thanks to Meanstreak for pointing me to this auction, can cross off one of my 'Most Wanted' off my list ;)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.