Forum

Forum

Alive In Irvine Quality Upgrade!! Flac

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Hey everyone, got some awesome news :) This show has previously only been around in a bad sounding 192 Kbps mp3, until now. I've had this lossless copy of Irvine for a while now, which I think I found on Guitars101 or another similar site about a year or 2 ago. Well, I hadn't ever gotten around to sharing it because; 1)Wasn't sure it was true lossless 2)It needed some help.... Well,thanks to BrianJohnson888, he confirmed it was indeed flac for me last week. I did the usual, a bit of EQ and tinkering to make the boot "kick" were it should,and brighten it up like I did with LIVE In Eighty FIVE. Almost all the endings to the the songs where "cut off" abruptly,making it very choppy.I did my best to deal with this,by slowly fading them down to the volume of the crowd without going all quiet like on LIVE.It seems to work rather nicely,and I think you'll all like it,at least I hope, lol. Setlist: ________________________________________________________ 01) Who Made Who 02) Shot Down In Flames 03) Back In Black 04) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap 05) Fly On The Wall 06) She's Got Balls 07) Jailbreak 08) The Jack 09) Shoot To Thrill 10) You Shook Me All Night Long 11) Let There Be Rock 12) Highway To Hell 13) T.N.T. 14) Hells Bells 15) For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) Bonus Track You Shook Me All Night Long (Un-fixed) ___________________________________________________ **notes** You may notice, Whole Lotta Rosie is not present, and there's a reason for that, This copy of the show (and many other Irvine boots) have tracks from the Melbourne '88 show mixed in. Rosie was from Melbourne, so I left it out,as it didn't have the same sound quality,and obviously didn't fit in. **Bonus Track Info.** If you're familiar with this show,you know Brian had a technical issue,causing him to come in late. I edited out the mix up,making it sound like usual. I included the original with the "mistake" intro. for those who want the show like it was. Created Art Work: Photobucket Photobucket
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Had to restart megaupload, Started uploading it in .wav, but it stalled out at 44%, So I'm uploading it in .flac right now at 48% will have the link ASAP For now, you can find the whole thing on my youtube channel until It gets here: A couple of songs to hold you off: Fly On The Wall Shoot To Thrill She's Got Balls
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Very nice stuff Flick!! Thanks for sharing this with everyone and thanks also for the artwork which is brilliant. I like how you included the mistake 'YSMANL' track which is appreciated since I love concerts just as they were performed (always nice to hear the boys screw up now and then, not everything goes perfect!!) and allows those who don't want it to have the "edited" version. ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

So 'Whole Lotta Rosie' was not recorded at all? Funny this was the only track missing, all the rest were recorded. Shame it was included on the other boots since it was not from this show.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks a lot! and I didn't say it wasn't recorded, just the copy of the show I have included Rosie from a different show all together. Don't know what happened to the "Irvine Rosie" lol Just wasn't circulated I suppose,or maybe it wasn't recorded for some odd reason.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

my copy of 'Alive In Irvine' was from Guitars101 awhile back and I believe all recordings circulated from this show have the 'Whole Lotta Rosie' from a different show because on the 'Irvine Overdrive' boot it also states this as well. Just my speculation: http://www.badboyboogie.de/bootlegs/1425.html
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Here it is: Alive In Irvine Flac http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4EAQMH1
theriffraffrocker83
Member #19,738

Num Posts: 8

Thanks a lot! I've been looking for a lossless source forever for this one!
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

wow! :) great!!!! I've been looking for this a long time.thnx man! :) salute you!
Bernat
Member #22,264

Num Posts: 46

Thank you so much flickofthethunderdeeds!!!!! Wow, fantastic job!!!!!! And thank you so much for share it to all of us!!
talaiot
Member #412

Num Posts: 7

Many thanks!
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Flick is this from the console? Thanks btw if it's console i'll get it on Monday(hope the link stays).
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Indeed Sap, Soundboard recording.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Just finished listening to this since I had time and this sounds fantastic Flick!! You really did a good job on combining the tracks by fading the end along with adding the audience which is brilliantly noticeable after 'You Shook Me' where originally 'Whole Lotta Rosie' follows, but here LTBR follows and it runs together as if 'Whole Lotta Rosie' was not even between the tracks. Sounds 100% better than the original circulated versions which end abruptly after each track!! Nice job man and Happy Holidays ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah, I took crowd noise from another part of the show and overlapped it to the songs with the faded down endings,so as it wouldn't appear so "off".
SG/LP
Member #25,567

Num Posts: 21

flick thanks so much man, it made my christmas!
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Sounds great. But the only, minor, complaint is that seeking appears to be broken on the files. Weird.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Seeking? I have no idea what that is,...... lol
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Being able to skip around in the song. Most audio players have a progress bar that displays like this: _||________ toward the beginning of the song and ________||_ toward the end of the song along with (in this example, a 3:35 song ) a timer that says x:xx/3:35. The audio data is still there in perfect shape, but it appears as though whatever program you used to encode the FLACs didn't properly write the stream info tag.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

So how does this interfere with the sound? Just sayin...
travishayes89
Member #8,722

It doesn't, it just kinda threw me cause I'm more used to being able to seek. I haven't got a chance to check them out, but I did do a re-encode to see if that fixes things (using the FLAC frontend). It's not really your fault as much as it is your software + my software. I've had mp3s that I've downloaded play past "the ending" or cut out way before they were supposed too, but the audio plays perfect.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Oh, I see what you're saying,I'll be sure to correct that on my future projects. I usually just burn mine to CD, defeating that problem :)
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

Thanks for this, looking forward to listen to it

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.