Forum

Forum

Bon's Last Recordings??

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Hey everyone, I just finally took the time to listen to the radio report about his death which I never wanted really to hear... It doesn't feel right to hear it. R.I.P. Bon, but while I listened, the reporter said that they were "In pre-production; in London, at the time, for their forthcoming Atlantic album..." Does this mean that after Highway to Hell, the guys were already working on things with Bon for another album?? I'm a bit confused as to that statement...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I believe what you are referring to and heard was when they were working on the 'BIB' album which they had music for a few tracks done for. Keep in mind this was in pre-production, so not sure even if the title for the album was confirmed at this point.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Maybe not Shakedown... I remember an interview where Angus had said that Bon had no knowledge of anything on the Back In Black album, nor was he involved in any part of it. It was after all, the album in rememberance of Bon.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

No, I have read this in a few of the biography books and know for a fact they had music for a few tracks, but no lyrics. This is also on Wikipedia, and yes I know not everything on there you can believe, but this confirms what has been told in the books and other resources (first paragraph under "Overview" section): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_Black
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

And, his last ever recorded song was 'Ride On' with the band Trust, also mentioned from various sources.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=80 Scroll down to 5th fact, "former AC/DC manager Ian Jeffrey claims to still have a folder that contains lyrics of 15 songs for BIB by Bon" Not sure how reliable this info is, but have read this in numerous posts and print also. Only person who knows for sure would be Bon who unfortunatley is not with us to verify this :(
Hells Death
Member #24,593

I knew Ride On was his last recording, great one by the way. But I don't normally trust wiki normally for obvious reasons.... and yeah, it definitely sucks he isn't here. Still a great tragedy. But, I'm grateful for the stuff we have from him and that we keep finding. Like when I think Flick ran across the Oakland '79 pro-shot show in HD. But there is so much stuff they probably haven't released, and everytime I think about it, it's just stupid it's not out there. :/
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Yeah, I agree about Wiki, only reason I threw it out there was because it was mentioned in other books. I believe 'Highway To Hell' is one book it was in because I just finished reading 2 books recently, HTH being one and I am pretty sure it was mentioned in there. Regardless, there is so much speculation and info on music and lyrics Bon was working on linked to BIB, such as the Ian Jeffrey claim, and the riff Malcolm was going to throw out which Angus told him to keep, that as fans, we really do not know what is true other than what has been reported and told. I normally only believe what I hear when it comes straight from those close to the source, such as Angus and Malcolm, which is why I love to hear interviews from the band because rumors and heresay can be corrected or confirmed from the actual people who were there at the place and time of the topic at hand. I read some comments following the facts on the Songfacts link I posted, and its funny how many say they have the recording of Bon singing BIB, only to find out by others it is by Jackyl and a cover, not Bon singing. Great post, really starts a discussion going and I would love to hear Bon sing BIB, even if there is none because with his voice and singing, it would have sounded excellent and become a hit just as it is today. Hopefully we get to see more boots and rare stuff emerge from Bon's era, like the Oakland 79 pro-shot you mentioned.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

It will be great to see more demos and jams hopefully come out in the future. I personally am really anxious to here this I'm A Rebel song. Even if just once, because I listen to the Accept song, and can just picture Bon singing it. It would be amazing if someone could someday make a synthesizer where they could create peoples voices to sing over instrumentals. I mean, if thats ever possible, we could here Bon singing Rock & Roll Train, which would be amazing. But we don't have the tech that good yet, but what's here is great anyways. Im definitely gonna see if I can find and read that book though...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I too would like to see more Accept rarities and would also like to hear "I'm A Rebel" which I know for a fact Bon would kick ass on!! I will dig out the book and try to find the page I read this on. Have a little extra time since my wife works tonight, so will be alone and quiet when kids are in bed and can page through book to find this.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Well, definitely have fun looking for the book and hope everyone is well. Enjoy your read and hope to hear back from you about it if you find it :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

**It wasn't me that ran across Oakland '79,was another member who found it on Wolfegang's Vault and showed it to nate, but anyways, lol _______________________________________________________ Bon did not lay down any vocal tracks for Back In Black or anything after Highway To Hell with AC/DC. He DID however, help work out some of the drums in Let Me Put My Love Into You and I believe it was Have A Drink On Me. (can't remember right off hand) At the time,they were probably just untitled jams to begin with. That's the closest Bon ever got to having any involvement in the album, and we don't even know if those early jams with him on drums were even recorded, or that they ever happened at all. Doubt we'll ever hear them if they are/do.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Now THAT would be a nice treat to hear.... Why the f*** can't sony release any real *Rarity things.... Maybe it's just cuz we already have all the "rare" songs that backtracks seemed like a disappointment... Who knows...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Hells, I checked both books, HTH and LTBR, and the info is basically in LTBR, not HTH as I thought. On page 110, it states Bon was writing lyrics for a new album at the time of his death in which he came into a rehearsal studio (E'Zee Hire) to do. He jammed to one of their trademark riffs in which it resulted in 'Have A Drink On me'. "Later, Bon also helped formulate the drum intro for "Let Me Put My Love Into You" (pretty much what Flick confirmed before). Bon agreed to meet the following week to bring forth more lyrics to be written, but unfortunately that was the last time Angus and Malcolm would meet him. As far as the speculation of the "notebook with Bon's lyrics for the 15 songs for BIB" which Ian Jeffrey says he possessed, no one has ever seen or substantiated that Bon's family received it. Later, Angus denied these rumors in the August 2005 issue of Classic Rock basically stating "there was nothing from Bon's notebook" and "all his stuff went direct to his mother and family". So basically it sounds that Bon was working on an album in which he was already writing lyrics for, used a trademark riff to create "Have A Drink On Me" and drum intro for "Let Me Put My Love Into You". One only knows if this was intended to be for a BIB album, but this is all we know regarding his last work on an album. We also know he + the band were working on lyrics and music for the new album in which 2 songs ended up being used for the original BIB release. The rest as they say, is history ;) R.I.P. Bon, you were a great man.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

i wish AC/DC would do like pearl jam and release soundboards from a whole tour.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.