Forum

Forum

"Unknown Tracks" for 1975/76 Promos + TV Spots

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I am in the process of trying to get a compilation dvd + cd put together with as many promo/TV appearances the band has had with the best info I could find on AC/DC Videos.com http://www.acdc-videos.com/acdc-videos-promos.php I am having problems trying to figure out if any of the 'Unknown Tracks" from 1975 + 1976 were ever released and more info on these such as which tracks were performed, where these can be found and if there is any known recordings either video or audio of these? Here are the more specific dates I need info on: September 13, 1975 ( 1 track filmed on "Countdown" in Melbourne) Australia 1975- Angus in Airplane (unknown song) July 1976 (unknown tracks filmed in London for "Countdown") If anyone can provide info on any of these, I would appreciate it. I have a feeling since they are unknown, there won't be much info to give, but I thought I would try asking here since there are some who are very knowledgeable and may have more info ;)
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey Shakedown!! I found a note on this site in the concert history that says the Sep 13 Countdown song was High Voltage. There's a clip on the Plug Me In boxset of HV on the King Of Pop awards which was done by Countdown labelled as Oct 75 but nothing listed on here for Oct so I wonder if it's that clip and it's mislabelled on the box set. Dog Eat Dog was performed in London for Countdown but that was 77, don't know of any clips done in 76 over there. Don't know anything about the airplane!!
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

hello it was September 14th not 13th - High Voltage Australia 75 - Angus in Airplane - so far only 1 photo surfaced from this episode, I do not know if they played any song during that episode as sometimes guys were just present on the program and not performing any song, If they did it would be Baby Please Dont Go, on 75 ACDC was shown more than 10 times ! I assume around 15 times in Countdown. July 76 - 4th July - Jailbreak
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Thanks very much Fred + Foundation for the info, I will gather these and add them to the ones I am putting together. When I get these done, I will try and find someone to do the artwork and share these with everyone here. I know there are boots out there with a lot of these already on there, but I wanted to get one big compilation together with as many of them that I can find and possibly have some that may have been missed ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I did receive a few PMs on this inquiring when this will be done. I anticipate this taking awhile due to gathering all the recordings of these promos since they will cover both Bon + Brian releases and hunting these down on various cds I have which a lot of these were issued on. There are many which did not have video, just audio so I will be putting the audio cd together first. I would like some suggestions on a title for this boot, since I am trying to think of a good one for this collection. I always wanted a "complete" collection to have of these, so I finally decided to start it and need time doing this. I think once this is done, it will be a great collection to add to an existing collection of boots. I will be also gathering photos + grabbing screenshots to go with a liner type insert for each of the tracks performed for this which is another reason it will take some time. Again, any feedback is welcome via here or PM, and a suggestion for a title also is needed. Once I get this together, I will have a draft of the artwork and liner, and will need someone to edit + do some final touches to make it look professional. Thanks again for those with any info and once this is done, will share it with everyone here PM since it includes official material ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

shakedown if my alright tonight is free to use if you can make use of it. tho i doubt it since flick and hells are much better.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^That would be cool, will compare Flick's version and yours to see which one is better to use ;) OK, now back to this compilation now that I have my Internet back up and running full speed. I have "Promos + TV Performances-Vol 1" (Bon Years) finished which is a 2 disc set and is to the best of my knowledge of the tracks I included so if I missed one or two, please feel free to let me know. I did not include obviously the ones with just video, although I did try to include every one released on audio such as the 49 second 'Baby Please Don't Go'. I did the artwork myself, but it is pretty blah and cheesy looking, so I have someone in mind who I would like to do mine. I will upload Vol. 1 tomorrow using Mediafire since I had some files uploaded to Megaupload, but that is now scrapped thanks to the facist U.S. governmental tactics. My goal was to have all lossless or flac format files, but unfortunately there will be a mix of mp3, wav, lossless, etc. since I am not good in this area tracking down all of these in a certain format and not all of the tracks I came across were in lossless. Volume 2 (Brian Years) is now started, although this one will take longer since there are more promos which were released and definitely will be a 2 disc, if not 3 disc compilation. Thanks again for all the info and feedback many of you posted here and sent me via PM. Will let you guys know when everything is uploaded and send out PMs as requested. Scott

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.