Forum

Forum

fake or real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AC-DC-HAND-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHS-X-5-/140678185128?pt=AU_MusicMemorabilia&hash=item20c112c0a8
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Jesse, I would say when it comes to autographs, it is hard to tell. In this case the seller has 100% feedback and I would hate to think a person would ruin their good feedback rating over something fake, but it happens a lot. Gave a lot of good explanation of where and how he got the signatures, so I would not know for sure and certainly would not pay the price they are asking, but someone who is in need of signatures on a piece of paper may get this ;)
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

According to Wikipedia... Angus, Malcolm, Bon, Rob and Peter were AC/DC in early 75, but it's hard to tell like ShakedownIce mentioned. I'm sure even Angus and Malcolm couldn't confirm or deny the accuracy of the story or the authenticity of the signatures. It's a 36 year old piece of paper (if real) and time can easily make you forget things like two 14 year old girls sneaking into your dressing room for autographs.
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Almost impossible to tell without having it verified somehow. I've got Angus' and Malcolm's signatures on the back of one of my concert tickets from 2001 and they look comparable but if it's a fake they would naturally make an effort to make them look like the real thing!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Same here, I purchased a signed vinyl on Ebay years back, mainly for the concert ticket that came with it and to this day I have no clue if it is a real John Hancock or fake. It feels good just to own something signed by an artist even if there is that chance it could be fake. I try and get my autographs on things like shirts, vinyls, posters, photos, etc. instead of just paper or a body part in which the ink washes off eventually. Could never understand why someone ould want an arm or body part signed, unless they plan on not washing that area forever!! Yikes!
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Haha!! Maybe some people go straight to the tattoo parlour and get it inked over!! My signatures are real. I was extremely lucky to discover that the backstage exit at the Sydney Entertainment Centre was easily accessible when ZZ Top played there in 2000 so after a 2001 concert I hung around the area with a mate for a while and met Phil, Angus and Mal. Got the Youngs to sign my ticket and naturally it's a prized possession!! When they were done, Angus' wife handed him a lemonade icy pole. He actually said "Wow" and held it up to show us before he jumped in the van to leave!! Malcolm signed the thigh of a "schoolgirl" (she was dressed as one but a bit older than school age!) while I was chatting to him!
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Can you put a photo of the autographs?I have a signed cd but i have no clue if it's authentic signed.Thanks.
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

I'll try one with my phone and see how I go Sapator.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.