Forum

Forum

Your Thoughts On Modern Music

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Hey everyone, kinda just wanted to pose a question to see what the rest of you think. Ever since Black Ice came out, and a bit before that too... I've noticed not a lot of good music has been written. I just switched regional stores on iTunes to listen to a preview of Van Halen's Tattoo, and I can say they write like they were back in the 80's again!! I just wanna see good bands make good music we can all enjoy. I'm curious, does anyone else think this too or is it just me??
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Van Halen's new album "A Different Kinda Truth" is gonna kick ass (and the reason it sound's like the older 70's/80's stuff because they reworked a bunch of demos.) Tattoo is based upon "Down In Flames" which was the original Demo for "You're No Good"...they re-wrote Down In Flames to fit with You're No Good's lyrics,*it's a cover tune* lol I'm waiting right now for Tattoo to premiere in full at midnight, it's 11:43 right now.....damn it...haha The lucky people in NZ and Australia already have it. As for the current music scene,I agree lately we've been getting some great albums/tunes and comeback albums lately. I can think of plenty of great albums that have dropped since 2005 that kick ass. Buckcherry 15 Ratt Infestation Airbourne Runnin' Wild Airbourne No Guts. No Glory Black Spiders Sons Of The North Chickenfoot Chickenfoot III Steel Panther Feel The Steel Steel Panther Balls Out KISS Sonic Boom Off the top of my head, I KNOW I've left out some great ones...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

BOOM!!! New VH
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Killer song, got that classic VH groove to it. Nice list flick here are some others: Accept - Blood of the Nations Scorpions - Sting In The Tail Ozzy Osbourne - Scream Slash - Slash / (and the live one) Whitesnake - Forevermore Def Leppard - Mirrorball Crashdiet - Generation Wild Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare (although I'll admit I haven't listened to it yet) Also Motorhead released on recently but again I haven't heard it yet
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Ooh and Iron Maiden's The Final Frontier almost forgot!
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

You want some 70's style rock?? Check out The Answer. They supported AC/DC in US on the Black Ice tour. Their new albun, Revival, is just awesome. Big songs, big guitars, big solos, big voice etc. etc. etc!! First album in a long time I've played over and over for weeks.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Van Halen's 'Tattoo' definitely has that 80s feel and kicks a$$!! Goes good with a shot of Captain Morgan's 'Tattoo' ;)
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

in my own opinion, music has really said everything its going to say
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I personally feel that there is a lot of great modern music. Me, I don't listen to music cause it's any particular style, I listen to music cause I like it. If I hear a song by a group like Paramore or Skillet or any of the other modern bands and like it, I'll buy it and listen to it. If I hear a song by a group like Van Halen or AC/DC or any of the classic bands and like it, I'll buy it and listen to it. In some ways I wish I had been born about 10-15 years before I was for the music that came out, but actually there's plenty of good, enjoyable music from the 90s and 2000s. Case in point: I hate Miley Cyrus as a person, but she has a couple songs that I think are well written (The Climb is one of them). Pop, rock, screamo, alternative, country...it doesn't matter what genre or what decade it came from, if it's a good song, it'll hold up after a lot of listening and if it's not...it won't.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Well, yeah I guess there have been a few things out good. Thanks guys for your opinions. But I guess from listening to radio a lot and not hearing much good anymore, from what I heard at least, they played junk. And I guess Screamo doesn't sit with me so that too. :P Btw, I just used a youtube converter to convert the Tattoo song from Van Halen's HD upload, and it gave me a 256 kbps mp3?? Is that capacity good or crap?? I thought HD gave 128 at best is all. :P
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Hells Death: I converted the band's official music video *from Vevo* at 1080p HD to 320 kbps mp3. Sounds great,good enough for me until I can buy the full thing in Feb. As to yours being 256Kbps it's good,but not as good as 320 (the best mp3's can be) 128kbps is worse the 256.....lol You can see where I'm going with this, the higher the bitrate, the better sound quality. That video I posted in this thread is shit compared to the official music video version.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

PM me and I'll share mine if you like, AS long as you'll get it for real when the CD drops :D lol
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Classic Bands and Legends in Rock N Roll are making the best music now-a-days.From Black Country Communion, Chickenfoot, Metallica, AC/DC, VH, RUSH, KISS, and all those bands make the best music. Everything else is shit. Metal is way too heavy for me now and rock n roll is dying but it will come back, it always does.I hope to help bring it back, it's my life-long dream. The only bands I can think of that I like that are still young is Airbourne (who I have yet to see live because they never come to Jacksonville, FL), Foo Fighters (Not Sure if they count but their last album was really kick ass in my eyes), and I enjoy some of Wolfmother's and The Darkness's material
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Rival Sons are good too *think someone mentioned it already* Real Zeppelin' vibe goin' on.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I agree 100% with AngusRudd's thinking process and his passion for keeping rock alive. I used to love hard and heavy metal like Slayer, Testament, Death Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Unleashed, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Napalm Death, etc. but as one ages and has a family, I settled down and am into classic rock and some hard rock. I do listen to some metal like W.A.S.P., Dokken, and old Black Sabbath (Ozzy), but mostly rock like Styx, Rush, Jethro Tull, Steve Miller, Eagles, Alice Cooper, etc. Nowadays, there is crap on the radio and everyone tries to sound like everyone else which was different when I was growing up. Kind of like movies, almost every movie seems to have been made and producers have no ideas for new ones. I really would like to see bands go down the same path as VH is doing and playing music which sounds like the same stuff they put out when they were rising as stars. This gives our future generations the same type of enjoyment we all were able to experience.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Wow, I just checked out this Rival Sons band, I have to say...I'm liking what I'm hearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MA0m1K2jW4

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.