Forum

Forum

Bonfire box set question

earthdog70
Member #7,625

Num Posts: 39

Just noticed that the 2 CD live concert here-Let There Be Rock-Live in Paris has Mark Evans listed as the bassist. Of course on the Let There Be Rock Blu-ray DVD I have has Cliff Williams on it. Where these different show dates? Or am I missing something?
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

That is a misprint. The show the film and CD were recorded from are from '79. I'm guessing those who printed the CD must've thought the show is from the time the LTBR album was released in '77, which features Mark.
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Where did you see that? I have two versions, the actual box and the 2003 remaster, I'm looking at the individual jewel case from the 1997 box and Cliff is listed on the inside...and I can't really find anything that says either Mark of Cliff on the 2003, that's weird... Are you looking at the CD? (And I agree with doc on that explanation ^ that's probably what happened)
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

This mistake occurred on the original 1997 Bonfire boxed set that was released on the EastWest label. The CD booklet used for the Let There Be Rock - The Movie - Live In Paris (2 CD), the inside of the front cover of this booklet was from the LTBR studio album, which of course lists Mark Evans' name. The picture on the back cover of the booklet was also from the LTBR studio album. The record company just made a careless error! This error couldn't occur on the 2003 Epic reissue since the box set was in a digi-pak format and no CD booklets were included. Let there be rock!
earthdog70
Member #7,625

Num Posts: 39

Thanks very much. Yes, I was looking at the CD from the box set. It was in the inside cover. Just want to get all my facts straight, I may be doing an interview with Mark in the coming weeks.
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

@meanstreak64 - Were there multiple sets of releases that year? Because mine is under the eastwest label too and the inside of my CD booklet clearly says Cliff Williams... I'm not doubting you by any means, just wondering how that could be? Anyone else reading this have one or the other? @earthdog - That's awesome about the interview, I've always wanted to meet any members of the band - past or present
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

@SGthunder33: There was just the one release in 1997 for the Bonfire box set in the U.S. The release date was November 18, 1997 and the catalog # is EastWest Records America 62119-2. The CD booklet for the Let There Be Rock - The Movie Live In Paris (2CD) lists Mark Evans' name. As I mentioned in my previous post, the record company used the same CD booklet as the regular studio Remastered CD Let There Be Rock (ATCO 92445-2), they just changed the cover photo to match the LTBR movie poster. The CD booklet in the Bonfire box set that has Cliff Williams' name listed, is for the Live from the Atlantic Studios CD. If your Let There Be Rock - The Movie CD booklet says different, then that would mean there was a second pressing correcting the mistake. I bought my Bonfire box set on the release date. I hope this helps you out. Go back and double check your CD booklet and let me know. Have a great day! Let there be rock!
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I think they changed it when they re-released it on Sony's labels, but even then some screw-ups happened (the credits are correct, just mentioning the four disc Australian configuration and not the five disc configuration that was released by Sony).
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

@meanstreak64 - The catalog number on mine is the same as yours 62119-2 and it's definitely the EW label, and from the 1997 box set. That's interesting, like you said i bet there was a second pressing with the correction
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

SGthunder33: A second pressing to correct this error is the only thing I can come up with! When did you purchase your Bonfire box set? Second pressings to correct printing errors usually happen with the first two months or so of the original release date. I remember back when Ballbreaker was released, the back of the booklet where the credits are listed omitted the song writers credits. Around November (CD was released September 26) I bought my brother a Ballbreaker CD and we checked his booklet and the song writers credits had been added! I doubt you could consider this a rarity considering how many copies were printed for the release date.
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Well, I was only 8 years old in '97 so I bought mine off ebay a couple years ago lol, but as soon as I got it I checked all of the catalog numbers/dates and little details like that so I know it's all legit. Anyway, it'd be kinda cool to have the one printed with Mark's name, little errors like that always make the product unique!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.