Forum

Forum

SHOOT TO THRILL Live in Castle Donington Park Monsters Of Rock August 17, 1991

musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

SHOOT TO THRILL Live in Castle Donington Park Monsters Of Rock August 17, 1991 . Different version than the one on Live . they used dvd audio mix on love i am guessing so if Shoot To Thrill on Live was from 1991 Donington ot have the added Oh Yeah and the Shoot To Thrill on Live don't.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

I think "shoot to thrill" and also "thunderstruck" are not from Donington...they're from another show...I mean,if those two songs are form Donington too then why there's a fade out after "shoot to thrill" ending? just wondering... p.s.: I saw also "AC/DC LIVE"'s location on "special" section of this page,but there's some wrong location...)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

send4theman bib on live sounds like dvd version audio and not the original vhs version audio . just my thinking.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

i don't think thunderstuck and shoot to thrill are from the same show either.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I think they were, but from the same mix all the other tracks (minus Back In Black) was from. Back In Black was likely from a single mix. According to this page: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/specials/livealbumlocations/ They were.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

all shoot to thrill from donington have the oh yeah except for the original vhs audio . this is only my thinking and to me it does not sound like the original vhs audio.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

in that section some says "fire your guns","heatseeker" & "you shook me" are from Donington(possibly)....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THATS WRONG!!!!!same goes for "thunderstruck" & "shoot to thrill". as for Vhs,yeah! thats THE "TRUE" RELEASE!!!!they captured the sound as on live band's perfomance.search on YT also you'll find a single camera self-recording from Donington.and thats almost as the Vhs release. oh yeah!DESPISE ΤΗΑΤ SHITTY SONY DVD 2003 RELEASE!!THATS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF SHIT!!WRONG MIX,WRONG MONTAGE,WRONG SOLO(fire your guns),WRON...WRONG...WRONG..heeeeee just try to find(for those who dont have it yet) the Brasilian bootleg release...(from Vhs straight to dvd) ;) SALUTE YOU!
travishayes89
Member #8,722

It's probably 85% Donington, 10-14% other concert, ~1% studio dubbing.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

then,listen closley to Angus' solo to each Donington song (and I dont mean Ang's solo from Sony dvd!!!) and compare them with the "Donington"'s "AC/DC Live" songs.....
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

pardon!!! :) *closely :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I did find a reason for why the 2003 DVD was tampered with. Couldn't find the link now to save my life,but I was on some music forum and a guy who claimed to have worked with Sony or whatever stated the reason the audio differs from the VHS is because, They couldn't find the audio multi-tracks for Donington when making the 5.1 mix for the DVD. So- They had to splice in bits from other shows from The Razors Edge Tour,using what multi-tracks they could find. Can't verify if it's true,or anything at all,it's just speculation.... ___________________________________________________ My main question is, if they couldn't find the tapes for Donington to make 5.1, then WHAT exactly did they do when mixing the sound for the DVD? I mean,just hear me out. So, they did not have the isolated Drums,Bass,Vocals,and Guitar tracks for the show which is exactly what's needed for surround sound. Ok,so if they just had the stereo mix we hear on VHS,then wouldn't that mean when we're listening to the 5.1 on the DVD,that audio is from a completely different show? That doesn't seem quite right,because in comparison to the VHS, the songs sound identical with only difference in either a Vocal line from Brian or guitar lick from Angus. So, did they some how use the original Stereo mix for the 5.1 and dubb over parts from other shows?? That's what I'm thinking....the beginning of Shoot To Thrill, they tossed in "Ooh Yeah" from Brian, and in Back In Black there's the "mic away from his mouth,yet I hear singing" thing,then on Rosie the solo mishap is fixed,and Fire Your Guns has a totally different solo than the VHS. The possibilities are endless....... We may never know the truth behind Donington's DVD mix....lol However, the no multi-track theory could be proven wrong if we could find a Brazilian DVD which supposedly has the original audio. If it has 5.1 and the correct VHS un-edited gig...then that idea is bullshit and Sony fucked us over.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

you know flick the 5.1 multitrack it may very well be from another show with donington mentions added in and overdubbed and sony who knows but not likely . i think probly the same as you stereo track with overdubs. they would expand the stereo track into 5.1 multitrack.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

I heard something else along those lines (it very well could go hand in hand with that story too) that the audio engineers on the 2003 DVD version actually weren't watching the concert while they were remixing and remastering it...something about not being able to get video to reference the mix with. That same guy said that in the future he would push harder for such a video.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

We may never know the truth behind Donington's DVD mix....lol........ is it safe to say we won't ever know .. ------------------------------------------------------------- do any of you think the fire your guns solo is a demo solo from when it was a demo before final album cut......the one nobody seems to know where it came from.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.