Forum

Forum

Check this out...

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Decided to do this for fun... I recreated the original Spanish "For Those About to Rock We Salute You" LP with the colors reversed (gold cannon with black background.) I grabbed the normal CD cover from an internet source and messed around with the gradient and level tools in Photoshop. Looks like the real thing, doesn't it?
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

great.realy seems like original cover. :) SALUTE YOU!
Bernat
Member #22,264

Num Posts: 46

I always prefered my original spanish version like this one!! Good job, doctoracdc72!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I actually like this version much better, the gold color is more crisp and sharper which stands out 200% better. Compare the difference, here is the original Spanish cover: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=981252 Nice job Doc ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks Doc, you just gave me an idea for my next compilation I will work on in the future. Mind if I borrow this as a cover?
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Help yourself Shakedown.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Well to justify designers work, photoshop came sever years later :) But good cover.May i say i prefer the UK-Australian regrading cd covers worldwide.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

And that image on Discogs was probably scanned in and poorly scaled down, resulting in a bit of that moire effect (kinda like when a person is wearing this type of tie: On HD video and moves around a little, with the right lighting you get a weird flashing effect.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I hate ties and suits, i'm not a penguin. Just saying...
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

So do I...makes me feel like I'm choking, the tie was for reference.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Nice, always dug the Spanish one. (Used the cannon from your cover Doc for that '82 interview's art I did for my youtube lol)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.