Forum

Forum

Massice AC/DC Tribute Show in Sydney

me_own_V8
Member #25,638

Num Posts: 4

Just thought some AC/DC heads here might be interested. Saw a big poster for this down in Cronulla and I'm obviously always game for some AC/DC. It's in Sutherland Entertainment Centre. I just bought my ticket. Check out the video. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d1ZxRJomF2M#!"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d1ZxRJomF2M#![/URL] I've seen a bunch of shitty ones around Sydney, but this one is supposedly the biggest one in the world. Only AC/DC themselves are bigger they reckon. I spoke to people at the Entertainment Centre before I bought my ticket and they said it's one of the biggest shows they've ever had in there. Barely fits on their stage. They also reckon they've tried to nail the live sounds of the songs as they sounded in their heyday and they have a Bon and a Bryan so they can cover the lot. Anyways. It's only about $40. For that price I reckon give it a go. You Sydney guys probably already know about it, but just in case. I'll definitely be there. I hope they play Live Wire. None of the tributes ever do that one for some reason. [URL="http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Arts_Entertainment/Entertainment_Centre/Whats_on/Long_Way_To_The_Top"]http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Arts_Entertainment/Entertainment_Centre/Whats_on/Long_Way_To_The_Top[/URL]
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

looks interesting
me_own_V8
Member #25,638

Tell me about it. It's not like AC/DC is a band you get to see that often. Looking at the video and stuff it looks like they copied one of the mid 80's sets with the Marshals, the ramps and the layers of lights at the back. The lights look a bit like the Back In Black tour setup. We'll see Saturday.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

one of the first tributes I have seen an actual light setup...That is the level I want my Bon Scott Era Tribute to get to.Just like the HTH Tour $40 is a lot to see a tribute but they must be really good.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

$40 ?!!! Time for my imitation of mister krabs. Arrharharharharharharharrr!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

hahahahahahaha ohh s#$% sap, that was a good one. Here's my money
me_own_V8
Member #25,638

Sure, for a shitty pub band, that's way too much, but for a quality show... In Sydney, $40 for that level of a tribute show is pretty cheap. There are a few going, that aren't as big as they're saying this one is, and are around the $80 mark and up $150...and they sell out some massive venues multiple nights in a row. Here $40 is pretty reasonable.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

You may be right but we are used here on 10-20Euros tops for this kind of shows and that was even before the crisis.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

same here, most tribute shows here are $10 - 20.Our shows have been $10 the most at certain venues.
me_own_V8
Member #25,638

Well the show was freakin awesome!! Big wow factor. Huge set and a huge bell for hells bells. That theatre holds about 800 people and the bottom was packed and the top was 3/4 full, so there was no shortage of people wiling to pay $40. I was amazed because where the show was isn't really a big AC/DC area. They said they'll be back next year. Based on crowed reaction alone, I'd say they'll be selling it out next year. I reckon the ticket will be more expensive as well. Easily, by far, the best I've seen.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Yeah, most AC/DC tribute bands will draw a huge crowd mainly because the popularity and most of all the kick a$$ music AC/DC has put out since they formed and played as a band. Same thing with Hells Bells here in TN where they played at a small parklike area, but the crowd reached into the streets. Most tribute bands like this will bring crowds regardless how well known or not they are ;)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.