Forum

Forum

Put the Finger on You and For Those About to Rock from Landover '81

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

If you have recently seen my newest YT vids you might have seen "Finger" and "Salute" from Landover in '81, which I recorded off VH1 Classic earlier this week. Neither clip is available on any official DVD. I decided to make the most of it and uploaded the original raw, high quality, untrimmed DVD .vob files of each song to my Minus account. Each clip is in its own link, and are ready for burning onto DVD or editing in any way. If anyone would want to have these rare promo clips from Landover, feel free to PM me for the links. I suggest you do so since these clips have never before been recorded in such great quality.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Go for it guys, Doc gave me Put The Finger On You last week, sounds/looks great.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

flick: Want me to PM you the link for For Those About to Rock to go along with your copy of Finger?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Now if only we can get the whole show in this quality!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Heck yeah Doc! What I'm thinking about doing, is taking all the best sources I can get (Official/TV rips like yours,singles) and editing them in the order they appeared in the setlist, making it like a mini LIVE EP. Would have these songs in excellent sound quality. Put The Finger On You Let's Get It Up Back In Black T.N.T. Let There Be Rock For Those About To Rock
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Sounds great flick! Just sent ya a PM. I do have the full 12" single b-side version of LTBR from that show. I definitely will upload a lossless WAV file of the track, if you like, lol.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Anyhow Put the finger is great to have so thanks. I always preferred the fast live version, it's almost like another song.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Appreciate the offer Doc,but nate hooked me up with a .wav vinyl rip of Let There Be Rock a month or so ago,so I got that one covered lol. Would cool if I could find more Vinyl versions of the songs, What other Largo songs were attached to singles,and do any of you lovely people have the ability to rip them? :)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

I think BIB, TNT and LTBR are the only songs that were released as single b-sides so far, unless I forgot something, lol.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Flick, the ones that were used were the ones you listed above in one of your posts and I have them on my compilation cd as well ;) Sounds like a great idea: mini EP!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Flick, you are missing Highway To Hell on your list I see. Hells Death mentioned this on my 'Largo 81' thread when I was putting my compilation together about this one also being a promo.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

It is also on Billy Karloff's YT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0c9DmE67k
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I did not miss it,and I realize it's a promo, lol I'm only doing songs with GREAT sound quality, (Anything that's been broadcast on TV and recorded to DVD) and (Anything the band have put on on Plug Me In, or Backtracks) also, (Any single rips I can acquire in lossless format.) Wish I could find Highway To Hell in decent sound quality...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Gotcha, lol!!
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

flick: Don't forget "Family Jewels" under the "Anything the band have put on..." category. Let's Get It Up is on that DVD, lol :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I didn't^^ See my original list? :) "Would have these songs in excellent sound quality. Put The Finger On You Let's Get It Up Back In Black T.N.T. Let There Be Rock For Those About To Rock" lol
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

^^Yes I did, lol. What should we call the EP, and who's doing the artwork for it?
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I'd like to do the artwork,if you don't mind,and I don't know, lol Something memorable....will figure that out after I get the tracks ready :P
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

^^^Go ahead and do the artwork, flick. This project will be a good one. I can tell for sure, lol :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Perfect title for this one: 'Takeover In Landover'
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

flick and doc you are forgeting highway to hell
shmangus
Member #15,010

Num Posts: 65

Hey there Doc. Can I have the link to these videos please? Hope all is well with you. - Shmangus
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

musicdreams: We know of HTH, but we're not going to use that song for the EP. As flick said above, he's looking for HQ sources recorded from TV on DVD, Backtracks, etc. There is no known HQ version of HTH from this show, although I wish there was, lol :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Hey Music, might want to read the whole thread and replies as I mentioned this already (HTH promo). Gets old asking the same thing especially in the same thread. Just sayin
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Doc, what format are you looking for regarding HTH? Lossy or just anything that sounds like it can be used in good quality? I have this boot on cd-r in mP3 I believe, just was curious. Would be nice to include this even if it isn't in perfect quality. Nothing better than a complete boot I say ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I have HTH recorded from the dvd and from the circulated show from an audio Mp3 source. sounds pretty good I say
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

I dunno Shakedown. We'll see what flick thinks. He says he'll be compiling the tracks, lol.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^OK ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

flick and doc i sent you pm with HQ HTH link
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Flick + Doc, I found a very good, if not the best HQ version of HTH and will send it to you both. So I know there is a HQ out there with this one, so I think you should include it as it sounds almost as good as the Put The Finger On You . If not, could you do an alternate back artwork cover with HTH listed for those who want to add it to the cd? Thanks
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

lol..... The whole point of the bootleg is to compile the best copies of the songs we have officially into one group... I'm well aware of the Promo videos that are out there,with better sounding audio than the regular Largo gig,but the sound isn't as good as the DVD sourced ones...not at all. Throwing a lossy copy of Highway sort of kills it, hell I might as well do the whole gig then. I'll make that cover for you with it on there if you like though. ShakeDown. (Don't mean to sound harsh....lol)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

No problem and you don't sound harsh at all. It is your project, so whatever you go with either way will be excellent and I understand your point. Just trying to help any way I can. If you could do an alternate artwork with HTH added, that would be great man. Thanks again ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

although I wish there was, lol :)...well doc there is a HQ of Highway To Hell Largo Promo 1981 and i have it and have post it.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Probably same as mine ;) lol!
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

not likely
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

shakedown post yours and let brian do a test on it
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Must be more than 1 HQ version then, hmmm...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Hey Flick, any word on this project and where things are at?
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Music, no need to. Its good enough HQ for me and sounds excellent ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Besides, no one is going to use it anyways so why bother
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

ACTUALLY, lol I am going to use it (: musicdreams had his Highway To Hell tested,and it's lossless, So, that means it's worth editing, mp3 files sound bad when you try to make them more clear...I've tried :P Was messing with it last night,and while it's not exactly as good as Put The Finger On You from Doc's TV broadcast, or the Backtracks songs, I think it'll be worthy of the bootleg. It's tough because all the songs are from different sources,so making them sound similar enough is hard, am doin' what I can :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Cool, glad to hear it will be used. i would have put mine in either way if you did not use it to make it a complete recording, but now its in. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

(: Now, we need a good What Do You Do For Money Honey...... Just kidding, I know it wasn't a promo haha
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Heck, if you were to do that you might as well do the whole show!! lol! Kidding Flick, what you have here is good enough ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

actually shakedown is a few sources out there
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Its good enough HQ for me and sounds excellent ;) ......well we all wanna hear it thrn so upload it and share it.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

damn keyboard thrn = then*
thelastspartan
Member #25,632

Num Posts: 15

Anything ever come out of this? I'm interested.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Sent ya a PM, thelastspartan ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Nitro, can you give us an update on this project you were going to attempt? Looking forward to hearing these in superb quality bro ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Have a rough mix done,but the different sources are a bitch!! lol Trying to solve the "phaser problem" When you have 2 parts overlapping and fading into each other from the same recording but a different source it creates this terrible phaser effect. While splicing the crowed from Put The Finger On You into Back In Black, it's really bad lol. The sound quality differences between the Vh-1 Broadcast and the Backtracks audio is quite substantial....
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

*crowd..... damn typo. It wouldn't be a problem if I just faded the songs out like they are on the LIVE album, Which I may just do,would be a lot easier, although If I can, I'd really like to make it seamlessly flow together.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Damn, it does sound challenging from what you described. I know what "phaser" effect you are referring to which I have heard this on an AC/DC boot I have which I listened to just the other day. It is right between the songs when the track changes to the next, which you can clearly hear, even though its for a split second. I don't think fading the songs out would be bad, but like you said having the tracks flow together would be the route to go. We will take what you give us and I know it will sound fantastic whichever way you decide ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Not so much "hard", don't mean to make it sound like I'm splitting an atom lol, just frustrating really. I'm also a terrible perfectionist.....so, yeah I waste a lot of time messing with stuff trying to make it as awesome as possible.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.