Forum

Forum

Borrowed Time (Question About The Singles It Was Included On)

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I know one of you can answer me here,surely, Which single included Borrowed Time with the complete intro? As most of you probably know, the version that's on Backtracks has the beginning chopped off. _________________________________ Missing Intro: Complete Intro: ______________________________________ There original was released on a single, My question is, which single was the correct version released on,and is it available on CD,Vinyl, or Both? If I'm not mistaken, the incorrect version was on the Moneytalks Single (I used to have,but don't anymore). So it's possible, that while compiling Backtracks,Sony didn't bother to recognize that AC/DC had issued 2 versions of the song,and used to the incorrect Moneytalks CD Single version of Borrowed Time instead of the complete one.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I have a copy of the pictured That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll single in the video, and it only has: That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll,Kissin' Dynamite,Shoot To Thrill,and Whole Lotta Rosie.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

flick has it ever been played live?????
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Nope
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

ShakeDown is correct, it has not been played live, A shame this song (and the other 3) didn't make the album, great tunes really.
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Don't know the answer to your question... But man I always wonder as well why these outtakes never made the cut, BUYV could've been an even stronger album! not saying I don't like these two songs, I just think that any one of the B sides could've replaced Meanstreak and Go Zone. By themselves they're not bad songs, they just kinda seem like filler tracks when you look at AC/DC standards. Borrowed Time, Snake Eye, and Down on the Borderline would've been my picks instead of Meanstreak and Go Zone if it were up to me
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

flick this is the b-side of uk money talks

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Flick, interesting post man. I never even listened that close to this one to realize the intro was chopped. I know Borrowed Time was released on many compilations and rarities boots, but I don't believe any had the full version (at least the ones I have with it on). Great info and have no answer on if the full version is on any other singles, or cds. @SGThunder, I totally agree with your whole post on that the 3 tracks you listed (Borrowed Time, Snake Eye, + Down On The Borderline) would have been a better choice to have on the album to replace certain songs which to me did not sound good at all.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Haven't heard that intro.Is it real? It's not on the European or Japanese cd singles, just checked.
sapator
Member #210

Moneytalks singles. The picture you have is from the Heatseeker singles that they didn't have borrowed time.
sapator
Member #210

Err Blow up you video singles.
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

In Australia Borrowed Time came out on the 12" vinyl single of That's The Way and it had the complete intro. I'm not sure if it was available on a cd single at the time but I don't think so. A few songs on the pre re-mastered cds here in Australia had similar intro chops. Baby Please Don't Go, Hell Or High Water and Back In Business are the 3 I can remember. It's quite an unbelievable oversight, especially the Backtracks Borrowed Time one and extremely annoying!!!
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

As far as I know the complete version was only available on the U.K./European 12" Single That's The Way I Wanna Rock N Roll / Kissin' Dynamite - Borrowed Time (Atlantic A9098T / 786 587-0), and the Australian 12" single (same track listing as U.K./European) as mentioned above. I also have the U.S. Moneytalks Cassette Single that includes Borrowed Time, but not the complete version (intro is chopped off). I, too, could not understand why the complete version of Borrowed Time was not included on the Backtracks CD 1 Studio Rarities. I also like all 3 of the BUYV outtakes, but in my opinion Borrowed Time is the best of the 3. Let there be rock!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks very much for the info Meanstreak, great to know which single the full version is on ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Meanstreak, forgot to ask you was this the 12" UK Limited Edition Picture Disc that the full version was on as seen here? : http://www.discogs.com/ACDC-Thats-The-Way-I-Wanna-Rock-N-Roll/release/1692595
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

@ShakedownIce: No, I have the 12" U.K. Standard Edition (non-gatefold), catalog number Atlantic A9098T. But I assume that the Gatefold Edition (Atlantic A9098TW) and the Limited Edition Picture Disc (Atlantic A9098TP) were the same as the one I have. The catalog number is the same on all three with the exception of letter(s) at the end of the number. All 3 versions were released in the U.K. at the same time back in March 1988.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Cool, thanks ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks for the reply guys, I wish I could find a copy of the full version like great quality, Will go on a search for the vinyl rip of: U.K./European 12" Single That's The Way I Wanna Rock N Roll / Kissin' Dynamite - Borrowed Time (Atlantic A9098T / 786 587-0), and the Australian 12" single I knew it was probably a vinyl only deal by listening to the youtube version but wanted to be sure which exact single it was from. If I can track it down....I'll share it here.
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

@ShakedownIce, @Flick: Anytime guys! Cheers!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.