Forum

Forum

Let There Be Rock from Rock Goes to College -- can anyone help?

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

As some of you might know, I recorded this about a year ago on VH1 Classic. My idiot cable system ruined the recording by issuing a weekly test of the EAS right in the middle of the song! It's been a whole year and I have not seen a rerun of this concert on that channel. I wonder if VH1 Classic really pulled the plug on "BBC Crown Jewels" so I may never get to rerecord the concert. I was wondering if anyone on here might have another video source in this quality and they would do a rip of the section of this song that got fucked by Comcast (between 3:15 and 3:45 on this clip, right during the bridge of the song.) If possible, please do a VOB rip, and if not, then MPEG2 or AVI. I would like to replace the section that got ruined on my recording.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Doc, try asking Arya925. I believe this show was one he had on his list of dvd boots.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

.vob and .mpg are the same if its mpeg2
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

OK Shakedown, I'll ask arya925. And musicdreams, you're absolutely right, VOB and MPEG2 are the same thing.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Doc, here is his list I found on a thread he posted awhile back with it on there I was referring to: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/forum/?messageid=33977
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

@Shakedown: He did include that list in a PM he sent to me a while back.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Help is always appreciated from others. You're all always welcome to help me too :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

As I do ;)
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

sorry doctoracdc72 the one i found is poor quality avi not even worth uploading .
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

doctoracdc72 found another one not that either but have a look sent it in a pm
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

I just mailed out a handwritten letter to VH1 and VH1 Classic to see if they'll air this concert again on Classic, along with the rest of the other old TV concerts from the BBC. I hope they respond soon.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

What's the address Doc? I would like to send one too, maybe the more requests by fans, the better chance of airing these ;)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

The mailing address for VH1/VH1 Classic is: VH1 & VH1 Classic 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036 And you are absolutely right Shakedown, the more requests by fans, the better chance these BBC concerts will get aired again. I think others on this site should do the same thing and send letters to VH1 Classic :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Thanks I did a Google and noticed its the same one, just wanted to make sure it was the correct one. Hopefully the letters get read and not tossed on a pile somewhere, or worse the trash!! I actually sent a letter to a radio station locally here awhile back requesting some AC/DC material such as commercials, radio programs, etc. for concerts, but never heard from them. Oh well, doesn't hurt to try. Thanks again Doc and I will post an update if I get a response ;)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

A friend of mine did the same thing to Viacom (the company that owns VH1) a couple of years ago about getting a cartoon TV show to DVD. They listened, and all the episodes of that cartoon are now on DVD :) I hope VH1 will do the same thing and air "BBC Crown Jewels" on Classic if they get enough requests, but we may never know :P
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Letter dropped in mailbox ;) Pretty much was a request letter for older concerts such as BBC ones and I also requested any shows/programs or interviews exclusive to VH1 that were broadcast on older dates. Fingers crossed I will get a reply, or maybe even the possibility the shows will be aired again ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Hey Doc, I got a pretty good quality .vob of the gig with the part you wish to replace,should be a decent enough patch job,lol. Will upload it for you man.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Cool flick! By all means please PM me :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Will do man, still uploading now,lol Using Minus, got 5 hours and 7 minutes to go.... Should have it for tomorrow :)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

I'll be happy to wait then, lol :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

PM sent this morning, have you it Doc? lol
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

No I haven't yet, flick. I was so busy with my job today I totally forgot I was expecting a PM from ya, lol.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Any word Doc from VH1? I haven't heard anything regarding the letter I sent and was just curious if you had heard anything from them. Thanks
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Nope not yet, Shakedown. They better respond or I'll lose my temper, lol :P
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ lol! Don't blame you Doc. Think I will have to give them a call which is my Plan B ;)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.