Forum

Forum

DVD Shrink tutorial -- for anyone willing to give it a try ;)

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

This is a tutorial on how to trim DVDs with DVD Shrink, step by step. I was gonna make this for ayra925 but then I figured why not share it with everyone else? I will try to make everything as clear as possible. I provided screenshots of the program to better help you guys understand what I'm doing here. So, without further ado, here it goes: Step 1 Open DVD Shrink (if you don't have DVD Shrink on your comp, you can download it from dvdshrink.org. This program is freeware, and it always will be freeware.) Step 2 Click on "Reauthor" on the top of the screen. Step 3 Click on your DVD drive (for example, the drive on my computer is a DVD-RW drive.) Step 4 Click on the DVD title you want to rip (let's use Title 2 here as an example) then click and drag it to underneath the DVD structure on the left side of the screen. Step 5 Click on the box with the arrows in it (located above size.) Step 6 Drag the markers to where you want the video to start and to end (I'll use 30 seconds of this video as an example) then click OK. Step 7 Click on Backup! to begin ripping the DVD you want to rip. Select the folder you want to rip the DVD to (I'll use my desktop as an example) then click OK. Depending on how long your video is, it will take a minute or longer to rip. When your video is done ripping to the folder you want, this pop-up box will appear: Step 8 Go to your destination folder and open it. You will find a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder in there. This is what you would generally see in a standard DVD folder. Optional steps: If you want to share the video you just ripped, right click on the desktop or in a folder, scroll to New, then click Compressed folder (.zip.) Name the ZIP to whatever you want and then drag the DVD folder to the ZIP. You now have a ZIP archive with the DVD folder complete with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. Now upload it to a file sharing site such as Minus.com or HotFile and share it with your friends! Note: It is NOT recommended that you rip officially released material (such as movies or concerts) and upload them to the web, unless if for personal use. There could be serious consequences depending on what copyright laws there are in different countries! Well, that's basically it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, otherwise, have fun ripping! Cheers, Jim Note: If you already know how to use any of this, please disregard this message :)
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Let me add: There is a free version of DVD FAB that will copy you a DVD (and let you compress) in just 2 steps(tutorial avoided out of pure boredom). Of course it's not recommended to rip unofficial related material(such us your camera photos or videos) and upload them to the web, unless you have ripped something official first and gave the finger to Sony and FBI(twice) in the process.There could by serious scratching of my left d$ck depending on what copyright laws there are in different fascistic brains that make them.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks Doc + Sap for the info on this. Although I like Sap's easy version since I suck when it comes to these things and the easier something is, the better off for me to understand!! ;( @ Sap, I give both fingers to Sony and 4 times to the FBI (er, no comment on the scratching bit)!!!!!!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

DVD Shrink has always worked for me, not tried DVDFab Sap.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

I use DVDstyler, it is the best DVD program that I used and it's free.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Ye DVDShrink is ok but if it's official and you wanna crack it then FAB is 2 in one.Else you have to crack and the shrink. Of course you must be careful and try to crack something that does not belong to you :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.