Forum

Forum

Couple Questions About Footage

thelastspartan
Member #25,632

Num Posts: 15

Okay, sorry for a second thread but I want to keep this separate from my other thread. I have some questions about some AC/DC footage. Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY, USA 1980: Saw on the Concert history page that this exists, whats the deal on this? February 23, 1981 -- Showgrounds, Sydney, Australia: I know Hells Bells exists of this, is that all? Is there more footage out there? August 22, 1981 -- Donington Park, Castle Donington, England: Never seen this video before, does it circulate? Largo/Landover 1981: Okay, I know they were both filmed, but only one circulates in full, that is December 21st right? Whichever one isn't circulating in full, what videos exist of it (assuming it's the 20th that doesn;t circulate in full)? October 30, 1983 -- The Summit, Houston, TX, USA: I understand a bit of this concert has been released on Plug Me In, does the rest circulate? November 17, 18, 1983 -- Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, USA: I know three videos of this concert exists on Plug Me In and FTATR on Plug Me In, does the rest circulate? December 12, 1983 -- Capital Center, Landover, MD, USA: According to Concert History, it says there is footage of this. Whats the deal on this? December 16, 1983 -- Forum, Montreal, QC, Canada: Same as above. August 18, 1984 -- Donington Castle, Donington, England: Okay, I know footage of this exists, but does the full thing in decent quality with synced audio exist? Also, I notice Nitroangus23 has an upgraded quality video from this of FTATR, has the rest surfaced in this quality, or any of it besides that song? August 31, 1984 -- Schutzenwiese Stadion, Winterthur, Switzerland: Concert History says this exists, whats the deal? September 1, 1984 -- Wildparkstadion, Karlsruhe, Germany: same as above. September 15, 1984 -- Palais Omnisports de Paris - Bercy, Paris, France: Same as above. January 15, 19 1985 -- Rockdrome, Rio De Janeiro, Brasil: Okay, I understand this was a TV broadcast, but does the rest exist? September 7, 1985 -- Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA, USA: Footage exists according to Concert History. Whats the deal? September 10, 1985 -- Civic Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA: Same as above. September 19, 1985 -- Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, USA: Same as above. January 25, 1986 -- Vorst Nationale, Brussels, Belgium: Same as above. September 11, 1986 -- Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, USA: Same as above. September 13, 1986 -- Forum, Montreal, QC, Canada: Same as above. Sorry for so many questions on so many footage recordings. This is my favorite era of AC/DC (Brian Johnson 1980-1986). Also, I have NONE of these, and if possible would like each one in highest possible quality in the most complete form that exists :) Thank you! Also feel free to skip over any you may not know.
thelastspartan
Member #25,632

Also, Brussells 1981: I know that there is an interview there and a little bit of Hells Bells, does anymore of Hells Bells, or this concert in general circulate in film?
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Here goes, apologies for any errors: Uniondale, NY, USA 1980 - Was contacted by the filmer a few years ago explaining he taped some of the show and was hoping to contact the band and give it to them. As far as I know, it has not be circulated. February 23, 1981 - Hells Bells only August 22, 1981 - 3 mins of Hells Bells only Largo/Landover 1981 - Both nights were filmed, the entire show is available as well as promos that feature different mixes of the songs. both nights were mixed together for the vids so it's hard to tell one night from the next October 30, 1983 - 9 songs were released on Plug Me In, the rest has yet to surface November 17, 18, 1983 - 8 songs have been circulating for years. I'm not sure what was released officially or not. December 12, 1983 - 2 songs were released on Plug Me In, the rest has yet to surface December 16, 1983 - Single cam, bootleg recording exists, 16 songs August 18, 1984 - Single cam bootleg exists, as well as pro shot footage. The pro shot footage has been posted & removed from youtube, but they were removed (not before it was ripped by fans). A good version of that source has yet to surface, but I did have contact with the owner of the tape & can't afford his price. August 31, 1984 - Parts of 3 songs recorded, single cam September 15, 1984 - low quality bootleg recording of parts of 10 songs January 15, 19 1985 - Nearly all (if not all) of both nights exists, pro shot. I can't remember if there is a song missing from the 15th or not. September 7, 1985 - This was flagged on acdcpower.net as having footage, that's where the info came from. there is a live version of sin city on youtube that is believed to be from this show, but it has not been confirmed September 10, 1985 - single cam bootleg from near the stage, parts of 11 songs September 19, 1985 - single cam bootleg, parts of 10 songs January 25, 1986 - single cam bootleg, most of the show (15 songs) September 11, 1986 - single cam, bootleg. most the show (15 songs) September 13, 1986 - single cam, bootleg, complete recording You can find info on most/all of these on my other site at acdc-videos.com. Most have screen shots as well, even if the thumbnails don't work the larger versions should be there.
thelastspartan
Member #25,632

Damn, thanks Nate! Appreciate all the work you do around here, for the site, the members, etc :) It really does mean a lot! Cheers!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.